LSBF - London School of Business and Finance / MSc in Finance - 14+ months waiting for my final grade!!

1 Sceptre Court, 40 Tower Hill, London EC3N 4DX, United Kingdom, London England Greater London, United Kingdom

My name is Pedro Armenio Lopes, and I am enrolled in the Master of Science in Finance course (Student nr: I092053) at the London School of Business & Finance (LSBF). I started the course in January, 2012; I decided to take the “blended” course, where I would be able to study in London for the first semester of 2012, and continue it online, since I needed to return home so I could go back to work.

The in-campus experience was great, and I would leave nothing but very positive reviews for LSBF from the time I spent there. However, I had many problems when I decided to transfer my studies online. The problems were mostly about the time it took for me to receive my grades, in order to move on to the next subject, and also the lack of support and information from the student liaison team.

Despite the delays, I was able to submit the final dissertation paper on January 15th, 2015, and I have been expecting my grade so I can finally graduate from the course since then. It has been 1 year and 2 months already since I submitted the final paper, and so far I haven’t received my grade and I do not even have an estimate of when I should receive it.

I have been in contact with many people from LSBF on this issue. I expressed my concerns and asked an estimate on my grade to Ms. Shirin Vakhidova, Mr. Colin Sablack, and more recently to Mr. Filip Leibl, all from the student support department. I have been receiving estimates from them when I should receive the grade as far as April of last year. To make matters worse, in one of my last contacts with Mr. Leibl, he explained me that the University of Wales was “reviewing my student status” because I was taking too long to graduate. This information made me very concerned, as the delay has been coming from the school, and not from myself!!

Since January 2016, Filip Leibl, my only contact at student support at the moment, completely stopped responding my messages. He does not provide me any information and does not reply anything. I have many unanswered messages in the student support page.

For this reason, I started contacting the University of Wales (UoW) directly, which is the school that accredits my course. I talked to Mr. Andrew Warner, from the University’s academic office team. He replied to me that he has been trying to get a response on my student from LSBF for more than two weeks already, without any response.

I even tried contacting Mr. Maldwyin Buckland, Director of Quality at LSBF, to no avail. I asked the school to provide me his direct contact but, of course, I received no response.

This extreme delay is harming my academic and professional life substantially. I was currently looking for career opportunities where I live (Miami, Florida), and I was having a hard time finding positions I desired, since they usually demanded a graduate degree, which I still do not have.

I would simply like to know when should I expect to receive my grade and finally my graduate diploma.

I have all the conversation with LSBF and UoW personnel registered in my computer, and at this point I am being left with no options but to seek legal representation against the school. Because of this delay, I had financial losses because of being unable to access high positions, I am unable to proceed in my academic career and I am STILL with no clue when I will get out of this awful wait.

If any student had a similar problem and was able to solve it, please contact me and tell me how I should proceed. I am really desperate to solve my situation.

On the other hand, if you are a student experiencing the same problem as myself, please contact me as well. We might be able to seek legal representation together.

My e-mail is [protected]@hotmail.com