Lowermybills.com / Unethical practices

On-line ads say stuff like "find out what the new lower mortgage rates are in your area".

They ask you for all kinds of personal information : address, phone number, etc. etc. then they never tell you what you were seeking. Instead they give your information to a lot of other companies and you start getting sales calls!

Totally unethical and should be illegal!

Sv

Comments

• Av
      5th of May, 2011

This is very true. One lender infact has enabled auto-dial and keeps calling me every day 1-3 times a day for the past three months. At times I have tried to answer the phone to stop them from calling but nobody responds. And I hadn't even completed filling out all the information requested by lowermybills.com ... I stopped when it asked me for my SSN. But I had already given away my email and phone number so they and now they can harass me all they want and there seems to be nothing that I can do about it.

BEWARE and never give your details to anyone unless you are sure it is someone genuine.

• Ha
      16th of Dec, 2011

"And I hadn't even completed filling out all the information requested by lowermybills.com ..."

That was my experience. There was a block to check that I had read their security policy and terms, so didn't check that off and deleted the page thinking that there was no connection. I didn't even have time to turn off my computer before the first call came in from a loan company that had been fed my information that I thought had not been recorded. IMO, this is deceptive and dishonest to take information that seemingly has not been submitted an presumably selling it. Why else would the calling company have obtained my phone number from lowermybills.com?

Now I'm getting emails from loan companies even though I never agreed to any release of my personal information, much less completed their online questionnaire.

• Ha
      16th of Dec, 2011

I'm already in that registry, but I think this is not relevant since they don't think of themselves as unsolicited callers. They are vendors who have been sold our number by lowermybills.com after LMB got it from us by deception. Thanks for the suggestion.