[Resolved] LiveCareer.com / don't use this service

They make it appear like you will be getting a resume for $4.95 (which by the way is Highway Robbery)! Who in the world would subscribe to a resume service and pay $34.95 per month?!?

However, when you click to purchase you "$4.95" resume you are actually subscribing to their ridiculous resume service. If someone is looking for a job, they obviously would not want to subscribe to a service like this.

When you discover the $34.95 charge on your credit card statement with their number [protected]), you can cancel the service. However, they will still charge you a pro-rated amount. I discovered it fairly quickly. So, I was only charged $10.

But still, this company is the ### of the www using predatory techniques on a segment of the population that is struggling. Download Libre office and use something from their office suite to make your resume. Or download a resume template from Microsoft.com. But don't use this service!!!

• Resolution statement

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jun 29, 2012

Hi Piolake,

Hi, work at LiveCareer. I apologize for the misunderstanding. The $4.95 subscription is good for 7 days and we rely on you to cancel whenever you are finished. Once you cancel you will no longer be charged. But, many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their entire job search. Recent statistics show that the average job search can take up to 9 months. For your best chances at getting a job we do encourage users to create a customized cover letter AND tailor their resume for each job they apply to. A monthly subscription to Resume Builder makes tailoring, customizing, and creating cover letters really easy and fast, besides that you can also post your resume to 90 job boards which gives you better chances of landing a job.

If you have any questions regarding your subscription our customer service team is available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-888-816-0576 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@livecareer.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Aug 13, 2012

Dear Tilsene,

Hi, I work at LiveCareer. We assure you LiveCareer operates in accordance with all legal standards. Our subscription prices and policies are clearly stated in the details of the subscription underneath each price option.

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Apr 15, 2013

Dear Ashish1,

We understand the frustration, but apologies for the misunderstanding. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing, underneath the description of the subscription in bullet form, as well as in the confirmation email you receive once you subscribe. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings!

Please contact us immediately. We will be happy to honor this to the full extent. Our toll free number is 1-888-816-0576 we are available 7 days a week 6am-midnight EST. Or if you prefer, you can email us at: [protected]@livecareer.com

Livecareer

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jan 30, 2014

Dear Cicada,

Thank you for your comments.

The subscription that you purchased has a recurring billing feature and you can cancel at any time. It is clearly stated on the subscription sales page and the confirmation e-mail we send you upon purchase. It was also stated there as to when your subscription will auto-renew at $ 34.95.

We take great care in letting our customers know what they are subscribing to, as well as providing the many ways in which they can cancel. You can cancel by calling our customer service centre at our toll free 1-888-816-0576, which is open 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, by live chat or by e-mail to [protected]@livecareer.com. There is even a self-cancellation feature under “My Account” on our website.

Livecareer

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Apr 01, 2014

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your comments.

We make every effort to let our subscribers know that our service is an auto-renewing subscription. We state it on our subscription sales page when you select the initial charge. We have also sent you a payment confirmation email which clearly states the option of either cancelling your 14 day subscription, or allowing your subscription to automatically renew at the month subscription rate of $ 34.95. In the email, we state the date of the auto-renewal and we provide many ways to cancel your subscription: By calling our customer service number at 1-888-816-0576, 17 hours a day, 7 days a week; by live chat, by email at [protected]@livecareer.com, or you can even go to our website, where there is a self-cancellation feature under the " My Account"

Please give us a call to our Customer Service Center at 1-888-816-0576, if you have questions.

Dear Cuong,

Thanks for your comments.

All of our subscriptions have an auto-renewal feature and can be cancelled at any time. Many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their job search. Our subscription prices and policies are clearly stated in the details of the subscription underneath each price option, in bullet form as well as in the confirmation email we sent once you subscribe, stating the amount purchased and auto-renewal date. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email, and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

I would appreciate if you would contact me directly with the email address you have used to create your account so that we can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at anna.[protected]@support-livecareer.com

Dear Madcustomer21,

We are very concerned about the issue you describe. Please contact me as soon as you can so that we can investigate what is happening and resolve this issue.

I would appreciate if you would contact me directly with the email address you used to create the account so that we can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email at anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com

Dear Sundaytimes10,

Thanks for your comments. We welcome all feedback from our customers.

Our resume Builder does not create auto-generated resumes. We provide numerous templates that provide a starting point for customers to begin creating their own resume. Our tips and examples make tailoring, customizing, and creating a unique resume and cover letter really easy and fast. We take pride in providing effective and valuable career, resume and cover letter assistance to hundreds of thousands of people. Because the job market can be tough these days, many of our customers use our site, realizing that using a customized resume and cover letter for each position for which they are applying increases their odds that they will get the job.

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jun 03, 2014

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your comments and we appreciate your feedback.

All of our subscriptions are auto renewing to ensure that there will be no interruption in the service and you can cancel anytime. May of our subscribers realize that a customized resume and cover letter for each position to which they apply, is a key to job hunting success and therefore keep our service throughout their job search.

We provide several ways to get hold of our customer service: By Phone to our toll free line 1-888-816-0576; representatives are available 6am-midnight EST, through our live help, to which you can speak to a live representative, by email at [protected]@livecareer.com

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience. If you have any questions with your subscription, I would be more that happy to address these personally. Please email me at anna, [protected]@livecareer-support.com

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jul 15, 2014

Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We take pride in providing effective and valuable career, resume and cover letter assistance to hundreds of thousands of people. Because the job market can be tough these days, many of our customers use our site realizing that a customized resume and cover letter of each position for which they are applying increases their odds that they will become employed.

We also take great care in letting our customers know what they are subscribing to. All of our subscriptions are auto-renewing if not cancelled. We state this on every page in the purchase and we send payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat., e-mail and self- cancellation in your Account Settings if service is no longer needed.

We issued you a full refund as a courtesy credit.

If you have any further questions or concerns, we have Customer Service available to all of our users 18 hours a day, 7 days a week at our toll free 1-888-816-0576 to help with any issues. You can also contact us by live chat or via e-mail to [protected]@livecareer.com.

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Aug 18, 2014

Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. All of our subscription are auto-renewing if not cancelled. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings if service is no longer needed.

I would appreciate if you can provide me the email address that you used to create the account so I can work directly to resolve your issue. Please email me at anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Sep 09, 2014

Hi Eubym1996,

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. I would appreciate if you would contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account so that we can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Oct 17, 2014

Hi Jenne1010,

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We issued a refund as a one time courtesy credit.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and customer satisfaction, and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com

We wish you the best in your new job!

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Oct 28, 2014

Hi Reggaeguitar,

We are so happy that you had a good experience with our site and customer service. Thanks for recommending us to others. We wish you all the best!

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Dec 08, 2014

Hi Olesya7,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. All of our subscriptions are auto-renewing if not cancelled. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings if service is no longer needed. A monthly subscription makes it easy for our customers to customize the resume and cover letter for each position for which they are applying, and also to avoid interruption on the service.

As a courtesy, I refunded the $39.80. You'll see it on your bank statement within 2-3 business days. I have also sent you a confirmation email for your records.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and customer satisfaction, and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. Please contact me again directly if you have any further issues.

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Sep 02, 2015

Hi Jennandshawn,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

A family member or related to the account holder can utilize and cancel a subscription as long as they have the login information of the person who created the account.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You email me at anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Sep 02, 2015

Hi Siyu Xie,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The details of our subscription are listed on our sales page before entering the card information. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. There are instances that automatic emails are picked up as spam or junk mail by mistake. Make sure you check your spam/junk mail folder as well. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Sep 17, 2015

Hi Chin Lai Jun,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Please contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that was billed and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Mar 11, 2016

Greetings Stephanie Starks, We're very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact us directly if you have any further issues at [protected]@livecareer.com anyhow we will send you a private message to offer you further assistance.

Live Career

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, May 02, 2016

Greetings Skye84. We are very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free.

We also explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

We are very committed in providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact us directly at [protected]@livecareer.com if you need any further assistance on your account. We will send you a private message through here so we can take a look at your account and provide you with a timely resolution.

Best Regards

Katrina

Pi

Comments

• Wi
      26th of Oct, 2014

This company is definitely SCAM, I will contact the bank to see how get my money back! I just register there and do a resume one time, they charged me every month. I am annoyed by the cheating action!

• Fc
      3rd of Nov, 2014

If it's a reliable company, why nobody replied to my thousands emails Ive sent regarding the momey u took from my bank account, and i had canceled this this after 2 days i realised it was a scam.

• Ca
      2nd of Dec, 2014

I got charged $40.12!! (Includes tax .32¢) its crap! I only logged in once and used it for about 15 min! Call and cancel asap! Do not trust it! I wish I would have checked first!

• Ol
      5th of Dec, 2014

Hello!

On 19 of November I created my CV, using Resume Builder on LIvecareer web-site. I paid around 3 USD for downloading my CV. Since then I did not enter web-site LIvecareer. How that could happen, that yesterday you charged 39.8 USD without my confirmation? That is a big sum for me and I would never subscribe to any expensive service like that. What kind of service/product did you provide me with for this amount of money? How can I return this sum back?

• Sc
      30th of Jan, 2015

So November of last year I made a resume for my boyfriend and paid for it BC I thought it wasn't a bad price. Then I checked my bank account yesterday and noticed $39.80 was taken out of my account. Wth!!??? I thought that it was just a one time deal. Nowhere did I see it was an auto payment of $34.95 a month. Excuse me? That is low down and downright dishonest. I went into my account and cancelled the service and I swear my card better not be charged again. I want a refund of my hard earned money for the $39.80 taken out of my account. That is shameful and dirty. You should be ashamed of yourselves for taking advantage of hard working people!!!

Sincerely,
    Ms. Boyd

• Sc
      30th of Jan, 2015

I was charged an additional 39.80 for last month too! Are you kidding me???? I want that back too! And I was charged for November too! Wtfh! I want that refunded too. You dirty lying cheats! I'm sorry but I would appreciate it if you refunded November, December, and this month's 39.80, total being 119.40. I can't believe I didn't see this sooner. Never ever using this site again. I hope you are BANNED indefinitely.

• Al
      10th of Feb, 2015

I just got my Visa Card bill, and sure enough there are two charges for $39.80 American on my card. I called Visa and immediately cancelled the card. I am a retired teacher. I have NO need for a resume, and did NOT subscribe to this service. Screw you. Last dollar you get from me.

• La
      28th of Mar, 2015

I just found out I was scammed by these people. The second I saw where my credit card was being charged with $39.80, I contacted them and just got the same comments repeated over and over as they're typing in all the above letters...blaming ME for not being observant enough. To begin with...the advertisement is for FREE resume...and you don't find out it's NOT FREE until you have finished the whole thing...THEN, you find out it's $1.95 and you have to charge it to your credit card, of course, so they have access to your credit card numbers so they can freely bill you...depending on you forgetting to cancel within the time limitation they place on you in the fine print. What a scam...talked to a "representative" that barely spoke English...and even though he heard me...he never "listened" to me...so I finally demanded to speak to a supervisor...who also was foreign-speaking. After about 45 minutes of frustration and getting the same reply over and over, he finally offered me $10 of my $39.80 back...pro-rated, he said. He adamantly refused to return the full amount even though he knew I was pissed and cheated. So...I called my credit card company and reported them...AND got my full amount refunded from them...and a lock placed on my credit card account so they're unable to bill me anymore. I'm seriously considering changing my account numbers altogether because I believe these people would be capable of illegally billing through my credit card for more money...or even selling my account information. DO NOT TRUST THIS BUNCH!!!

26th of Apr, 2015

Same thing here, i went online just once and paid just 4, 95 for a template, now i realized that i was charged (SCAMMED better saying) for several months with 39, 80 each month, do you think i´m in a relaxed economic position ????. I just cancelled the whole thing, but i can assure you this is not the last time you here from me AND MY LAWYER.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY GUYS

• Me
      2nd of May, 2015

We have been charged $52 aus for the past 10 months from this 'service' and have been unable to log in with any email or have any luck with our bank. Someone said to google the transaction and we have noticed all of these complaints with similar issues! I am shocked, I did use a resume builder but there was no option to cancel any so called subscription. I have received not one email from live career and have tried logging into there website but it says that my email isn't in there system. This is fraud and I can't believe you can get away with it. I have been treated as a fool and have been scammed out of $500! Can someone please help me on how I get this stopped, or even better have it refunded? Please help.

• Kd
      5th of May, 2015

I have had exactly the same experience! I used the website to download one resume and then didnt use it any further. Now have charges totalling over $150 AUD on my card. I contacted Live Career who basically said "too bad.. you shouldve read the fine print". I highlighted to them that when you register, a pop up screen comes up telling you that you can use all the free services and can create an unlimited amount of resumes and cover letters (amongst other things). They responded - "where did it tell you that you could download them for free?" So the point is that you can use it to create unlimited resumes - but you cant use them! I persisted and eventually got refunded for 2 of the 3 months. But when I told them that I had read the multiple complaints here they quite rudely said "why do you have time to read a blog about us, but you didnt have time to read the fine print"!!!

• Je
      29th of Jul, 2015

This company is such a scam. If you are going to charge people to renew their service, you need to tell them right away. It's bs that you are charging for them to make a resume and get a job, then once they do, you are taking their money. You are charging almost $40 twice a month. This is unbelievable and I will make sure you will be reported. You have cheated my boyfriend out of hundreds of dollars and when I called to ask about it I get put on hold for almost 10 mins. I went in and cancelled his account after seeing reviews about people still being charged after changing bank information. I can tell you that when you go in and cancel the account when you aren't even the name holder of the account, that's not legal and this is a scam. End of story. Never use this service.

• Si
      2nd of Sep, 2015

I had been taken over $300 since my first purchase in March. and I jsut notice.

Agent's explanation:LiveCareer's continuous billing feature is stated on the Subscription Options page where you select your purchase, Payment Confirmation page, as well as on the Payment Confirmation email that is sent when you first subscribe.

But I didn't receive any fromal agreement or notice. Taking advantage of our deficit of knowledge for profits, if this is not fraud, what it would be?!

15th of Sep, 2015

LiveCareer scammed my money too. Since I am come from Malaysia. Currently my country is having currency crisis and I have lack of money. Malaysia Ringgit was dropped from RM3.20/usd to RM4.30/usd. It is a very expensive amount for me, since my salary is not high enough in this country. I have to pay more and more money for this unknown amount. I was felt curious why did my credit card statement is keep appearing "LiveCareer". This LiveCareer is really a scammer, they automatic subscribe my credit card without my approval. Last time I use their service to create a resume just because I want to look for a job. However, actually I just use their service for few days only. I was just paid for their service for one month only. However, they automatic subscribe to my credit card. I have to pay this unknown amount for every month.

• Mc
      23rd of Sep, 2015

I used this site for my first ever resume and got the job because of it. I didn't realize that the charge was signing me up for a subscription, but upon further reading, they do clearly state that in their email receipt. That being said: Use this service, I thought they did a fantastic job, but make sure you cancel your subscription immediately after purchasing your resume. I only paid $1.95 and ended up being charged $40, but that's because I didn't follow the instructions that were clearly stated in the email. If you call the company and ask for your money back, you won't get a full refund which is frustrating (since I only used their service once), but they will refund you about 3/4 of the money.
    Just use this as a learning experience for anyone who is angry to read through things more carefully to avoid things like this in the future, but I would recommend their surface to anyone as long as they cancel their subscription within 14 DAYS of the original purchase!

• St
      21st of Dec, 2015

I used this service once and was cancelled immediately. They continue to bill me which I did not realize and I have been billed for $39.80 each month. Now I am trying to work with customer service to get this issue resolved and also mastercard. They say they do not have record of my cancellation. What a scam!

• St
      9th of Mar, 2016

I just looked at my credit card statement on a credit card that I just paid off and haven't used in a while and noticed a charge from them for $39.80. Well after going back through my statements this has been going on for 9 months now 9 months of charges that were not authorized $358.20 worth. I just emailed them that I want this refunded to my credit card and I will be contacting my credit card company and hopefully something will be done. I am outraged right now that a company would do this. If I wouldn't have paid my reddit card off who knows how long this would have continued. I want my $358.20 back.

• Pe
      17th of Apr, 2016

Once i have used that site for getting cover letter and given the card details. Now they robbed me and charged the 39$ dollars from my credit card monthly bases. When i goes to webpage for deleting my info its not work.

• Sk
      30th of Apr, 2016

After cancelling the subscription that is clearly not understood by most people, I had checked my bank statement and found that this 'company' had charged me a further 3 times.i contacted customer service explained that I wanted the unauthorised funds returned to my email with all the evidence of the cancellation number with the original email and photos of the bank statement funds showing the funds that were taken.I have had to explain this over several months to the same people as they give a run down of the 14 day subscription policy and I am not entitled to refund! I have repeaetedly explained that I am not asking for those payments refunded, the payments that were taken out AFTER I HAD CANCELLED.this is obviously a scam, if not the worst business practice and ethics I have ever come across!