Litton Loan /Mortgage / Foreclosure

1 TX, United States Review updated:

We received a foreclosure notice in the mail from an attorney for Litton Loan. It stated we had defaulted on our loan. It did not make sense. We paid monthly to this company on their website. We had an arrangement to pay a certain amount because they paid our taxes in which I did not want them to. So we were repaying this back. Yes, we were a couple of days late but we still paid it. They informed us that we were 120 days delinquent and I could not figure that out. They also did not do a good job explaining this to us. Pull bank accounts to see when money was sent to them and compare to the Transaction History. We did not miss a month, we are guilty of a one or two days late posting but I just can't see them sending us to foreclosure. Now we have their fees, attorney fees and for what???? It is such a rip off during this time of the economy. No one knows what the other departments are doing. It is so frustrating. We made arrangements again and made a large downpayment and we can only pay this bill one way. Shouldn't any payments have at least one grace period. No, we should have made sure it posted on time, however, we did pay this company. We are so confused right now and they aren't any help. Is there anyone we can talk to about this problem. Noone should have to put up with being blindsided by the fine print.

Comments

• Ho
      8th of Mar, 2010

I have Litton Loans as the provided for my 1st mortgage and I have not been more than 30 days late since obtain this loan with the company through a refinance back in 2005. Now my problem is I pay the mortgage late (before the 30 days) with their $42.00 late fee attached because I live paycheck to paycheck and have to budget my finances. Now I've explained this to Litton numerous times and they still continued to harrass me with 15-20 calls a day. It has gotten to the point that I don't even answer the phone anymore. Is there no solution to this harrassment? I've contacted them to help with a loan modification and they advised me that there was nothing they could do for me. Well, too bad Litton Loans, you get your mortgage payment when I get paid.

Now, my second mortgage was with Wilshire but that has just been sold to another company for pennies on the dollar. Now that's another company I have to agrue with to get some type of resolution.