Liquidation Channel / Poor Service

United States Review updated:

I have been purchasing from this company for more than a year and have purchased many items (probably into the thousands of dollars at this point). In the last several months I am sorry to say I have seen a dramatic decline in service and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Delivery is promised in 5-7 days. Orders that used to take no more than 48 hours to ship now take a week or more. Often then don't ship at all. One of my orders was cancelled after more than half a month of my trying to find out why it wasn't shipping and I was told there was "a quality or quantity control issue, " as though they didn't know which one. Apparently there wasn't either, as they are still selling the identical item on the auction site. That wasn't the only order I've had problems with shipping, just the most drastic. Stupidly, I decided to give them one last try and placed an order for one item four days ago. Now I'm still waiting for that item to ship -- more aggravation! I've completely lost confidence in this company and don't think I'll be ordering again. At this point, I can't recommend them at all. It's too bad because their items are nice, for the most part (a few clunkers but mostly good things) and they have good prices, but virtually nonexistent customer service -- excessively long wait times even to speak with a customer service representative and ineffective assistance once you do get through. I've had orders arrive from other countries faster than from this company. This is company clearly does not care about customer satisfaction at all.

Sw
Feb 19, 2013

Comments

• Sh
      Mar 15, 2013

I've ordered items from liquidation channel since they first came on the air as "The Jewelry Channel". I was always pleased and always received items within 7 days. As they are based in Austin TX and I live in Houston, it should never take any longer than that, right? I ordered 3 items around The end of December and when I didn't receive after 12 days, I called customer care. The girl told me if I wasn't happy, I could always cancel the order, as the items had not even been mailed out yet! I got angry and told her to go ahead and cancel the order. I did get my money back in my account fast. I decided to try again. This time the order was sent, but it has been 2 full weeks, from Austin to Houston, and still waiting for a package. Not good, they have plenty of customers now, so, why bother. I love the rings, but I'm going to send a letter to the President of the company, Mr Gerald Tempton, about the service. Maybe it will help.

• Mi
      Apr 10, 2013

I have had the same experience with this company as you. Very poor Customer Service - these guys are just plain stupid!!! I have never delt with a company that had such stupid employees. I had returned things wanting a replacement & was told it was out of stock but a day or so later I see it being auctioned off on TV. The quality of some of their stuff is just outrageously poor. Their slogan is "EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY" Well that is an outrageous lie!!! I have a amethyst ring that I wore twice & one of the small stones fell out & lost :( I have complained so much to the company & returned thousands of $'s worth of stuff because of bad quality, that they have blocked me from the website. I am no longer allowed to purchase from them. I am soooooooooo disappointed about that - HaHa :) What really burns my butt is that what they show on TV - it is guaranteed that what you get in the mail will not look like what you saw on TV. I really screamed bloody murder about a Tiger's eye ring that I really wanted - when I got it in the mail the quality of the stone was a D- at best. I wrote Jose Perez in CS a really nasty letter stating how outraged & disappointed I was in their merchandise & that I know what good stones are & they sure weren't sending out Exceptional Quality merchandise. Well I got a replacement ring that was fairly decent to my surprise. But my point is that you shouldn't have to go through all of that to get what you want!!! I have spent countless hours emailing & phoning them in regards to bad merchandise & poor CS that I have just had it with them. I don't know how they can get away with the deception that they are selling quality jewelry??? Please send me an email about your experiences - [protected]@hotmail.com - I would love to hear from you guys out there. I knew that I couldn't be the only unhappy customer out there.

• Un
      Jul 19, 2013

I had the same thing happen to me and they blocked me too. The clasps to their bracelets seem to be cheaply made. they take forever to give you back money.I wonder if they advertise in Austin as the authorities weren't familiar with their channel but close to their addy. I feel if one of us was local we wou;ld have complained to the police.

• Sl
      May 24, 2014

Oh dear I guess I'm in for a disappointment. I ordered a set of yellow and white diamond earrings for $80 for Mother's Day. Still haven't received them. Customer Service only say on the phone that the order has been shipped to Canada and it might be held up at the border. I called Master Card and reported the problem. A business has to be registered with Master Card in order to process charges. They will resolve the problem for me.

• Su
      Jul 10, 2015

That is pretty much the same thing that happened to me. I had place an order on June 1st. They sent me an email on June 2nd that it had shipped and estimated delivery was June 9th. That date came and went. I kept looking at the tracking number and it kept saying it couldn't be found. DHL answered my email inquiring what they knew and they stated they had received notice that the package would be mailed but it was never brought to them. I emailed Liquidation Channel and they never responded. I had paid through Paypal (thank goodness) and emailed them from Paypal website. They responded with a tracking number, which was the exact same one I already had. I responded to them that that tracking number was no good. They never did answer again. Meanwhile, Paypal was monitoring the conversation and let me know they would try to help. I then escalated my complaint to a claim which Paypal then took over. Paypal responded three days later to let me know they had gotten me a refund.

• Dj
      Jul 24, 2015

My name is Danielle Jackson I am one of the customer Service Managers here at liquidation channel. I would love to get feedback from you directly. I know some people may not feel comfortable giving contact information on the internet. So I will give you mine. My email is Danielle.[protected]@liquidationchannel.com I work Tues-Sat 7a-3:30p CST. Please send me an email with your contact information and I will be glad to get this situated for you! I am putting this message out there for everyone because the fact that you are having experiences like this is not acceptable. Again, my name is Danielle Jackson please email me! I will personally contact anyone that needs assistance.