Lipsy Ltd. / identity theft victim

United States Review updated:

Last Saturday I received an email alert from my bank of unusual activity on my debit card. I checked my account online and saw an unauthorized charge for almost $700 to a UK website I had never heard of called Lipsy.co.uk

I immediately called my bank's fraud department and alerted them that there was an unauthorized charge and I filed a fraud claim, and they put a block on the debit card so the identity thief/scammer who had obtained the card number couldn't do any more damage. My bank then reversed the fraudulent charge.

3 days later I look at my bank balance and the fraudulent charge has once again shown up and money has once again been taken from my account. Apparently Lipsy filed a claim because the fraudulent charge made by the identity thief was reversed. So I had to file another claim to try to recover the money that has been stolen from me via Lipsy's website.

I am getting hit with daily overdraft fees as a result of the double whammy of the theft of my identity and debit card by the original identity thief, and Lipsy taking money from me the identity theft victim rather than going after the criminal who they allowed to purchase items with a stolen debit card on their website (a website which obviously has piss poor security if it doesn't have safeguards in place in its checkout system to prevent criminals from using stolen debit cards on its site.)

So now I've been victimized twice: once by the identity thief who obtained my debit card info, and then again by Lipsy who filed a claim to grab money from me, the identity theft victim, rather than trying to catch the identity thief who stole my info and card.

To summarize: the identity theft victim gets screwed, and both the identity thief (who ordered items with the stolen card) and Lipsy (who made a profit on the items it sold the thief) end up making a buck off the theft of my identity.

Ma

Comments

• Li
      2nd of Feb, 2010

In response to the above, we at Lipsy always take fraud and identity theft seriously and would never knowingly aid any criminal activity on our website or in our stores. Identity theft and fraud are a growing concern for both online retailers and customers and we are constantly adding new tools to protect both parties. We do have safeguards in place to try to prevent this kind of activity and we are constantly investing in systems that further improve security levels.

If you can please either contact me at [protected]@lipsy.co.uk or else our customer services department at [protected]@lipsy.co.uk, I will ensure that that the precise details of the transaction are looked at in order to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Michael Wood
    E-Commerce Operations Manager
    Lipsy Ltd.

30th of Nov, 2011

i have found lipsy impossible to deal with i placed an order for a dress with them on the 4th of nov and dress has still not arrived i have emailed them numerous occasions and got no reply as of yet i have phoned them twice and customer rep was quite rude and told me i would have to wait till 29th of dec before they would even look at it . i feel this is an absolute disgrace as i gave them £63 basically for a lot of heartache . i really don't know what else i can do as they are refusing to send me on my dress or refund me . my advise to everyone out there is don't order off them as its really not worth it

4th of Dec, 2011

I am also having a bad experience with Lipsy. I purchased from the Lipsy website for the first time, I ordered three dresses as I am trying to find something nice for a christmas party. Unfortunately none were suitable so returned them all in the same package 1st class recorded delivery. After not hearing anything from them after a week I e-mailed their customer service to find out if they had received my parcel. they replied after 3 days saying it had not yet been received, however i tracked my parcel and it was delivered to them days ago?? I have replied to the e-mail and am currently waiting for a response about my refund. I am concerned as I have read a lot of bad reviews about returns and refunds with Lipsy. I am hoping I will get my refund very soon as I still need to find that party dress!

• En
      4th of Dec, 2011

Dream on Baby!

7th of Dec, 2011

Oh did you have any luck with lipsy I didn't ! ! They are an absolute nightmare still have no dress and they are refusing to refund me . It's a disgrace tried ringing them but customer service reps are rude and won't pass call on to someone in charge . I paid £63 5 weeks ago to them now and still no dress and no refund . My advise is if u looking for a dress buy from asos they are way better in every way .at least they actually post your items and no problem ever sending stuff back .i will never again buy anything from the crap lipsy site

26th of Mar, 2012

Finally got a refund from that joke of a company lipsy took 4 months for them to refund me . They didn't even apologise . Worst customer service ever