LimeWire / Internet scam!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Not being terribly knowledgeable with the art of downloading music from the internet, friends and family had advised me that LimeWire was one of the best sources. On the LimeWire sight, there was nothing to indicate that I was not following the process correctly until the confirmation e-mail pinged into my box... from "CustomerSerice"<noreply@marketbill.com> confirming that £62.51 had been debited from my card. Lifetime membership was supposed to be £14.99!!

This happened last year and I have tried to contact them and Lime Wire on numerous occasions but have had no response. I've now just accepted that I have lost that money but it really galls me.

Comments

Jo
  24th of Jun, 2008
LimeWire - Scam and fraud
LimeWire
www.limewire.com

Today on june 24, i just download that limewire from this noreply... They gave me a password that doesn't work and they download something on my computer that you cannot get access on. Can somebody tell me if they have receive their money back??? Or if I should tell someone at mastercard.

We
  16th of Jul, 2008

Hi J.R,
When you are choosing your membership there are preselected boxes offering highly recommended software, in order to decline this software you need to uncheck the boxes. Before processing an order, your purchase details are listed and you must then click on submit in order finalize the purchase.
If you have any concerns about the additional software provided or need technical support please feel free to contact me through email or telephone in and speak with a representative for any issues. To make the process easier for you, please have your 21 digit Order ID, the email address or the telephone number that you put on your account, ready so that we can easily find your account and assist you.

Email: websupport@marketbill.com
Telephone: 1-888-448-6880

Jo
  23rd of Dec, 2011

What is limewirelaw's telephone number? I want to have some fun tonight!!! I had a bad day, and I just want to cuss out a scammer, record the call, and post it on YouTube!!!

Beat's drinking, in case I want to drive somewhere tonight!!!