Lexus

Posted:

GS450H Hybrid Battery

Lexus
El Monte, California
My GS450h has 102, 000 miles and my hybrid battery went out the warranty is for 100, 000 the dealership is telling me that the cost is going to be $6, 000 I think this is really low miles for a hybrid battery to malfunction the car is a 2007 and I purchased it in 2008. I'm waiting for the El Monte Lexus to get back to me regarding the cost. I drove the car into the dealer but was told that I can't drive it out because the battery is bad after they put it on the diagnostic system. I've only taken my car to lexus for repairs.
Complaint comments Comments (8) Complaint country United States Complaint category Car Dealers

Comments

N  24th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
I am having the exact same problem at 102, 000 miles. How convenient that the battery is designed to last 100K and cost me 6K right after that. I am so pissed.
A  16th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
My lexus ist at 101, 168 miles and the hybrid battery failed also. Since they dont comply with CARB, Lexus can get away with charging outrageous amounts while Toyota warranties their battery for 150, 000 miles because they made a deal with CARB.
N  21st of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
Did you contact Lexus USA? They should cover the cost if the vehicle has been going to Lexus dealership for service.
A  27th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I agree my 2008 has only 27 K miles I don't have a problem with the hybrid, yet... Thank god. But I'm about to have to have the 4th 12 volt Battery put into my car! The 1st Battery. Lasted almost 5 yrs the next 2 about 1 yr each. I am furious.
N  23rd of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
I have 92, 000 miles on my 450h but it was purchased 8.5 years ago. With an 8 year 100K warranty, I am also looking a $8K for a replacement. Are there cheaper options?
N  27th of Oct, 2016 by    0 Votes
I have a 2008. The warranty expired in July. I have a touch over 70, 000 miles on the car. The estimated repair bill is $7100 for replacement of the entire Hybrid system. I had my dealership contact Lexus and they agreed to pay $4420 of the cost. I suppose that is fair. I was hoping they would pick up the whole tab.
A  29th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
Had my battery replaced at 55, 000. I just had my 95, 000 service- did everything at dealer for my 2008. just got the hybrid warning screen again. Warranty on replacement parts including the hybrid battery is one year. The sales manager says they'll take care of me. Watch this space!
N  12th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
@adamselene they could not find the problem, said "no problem on computer." Four days later and 10 gallons of gas down the road, got same error message. They say everything checks ok, but avoid hybrid power mode! One enery screen, full charge lasts --not very long.

I am strapping on my assertiveness and continuing... watch this space

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree