Lenovo T61 / lenovo t61 sucks as does lenovo

SF, CA, United States Review updated:
2.85
People:

Stay away from lenovo. I made the switch from dell & hp and am regretting. Their producs is inferior and their customer service is worst than packard bells! My t61 freezes and the lenovo tech people are plain stupid. Talk about uneducated. I'm sorry, but the chinses mentality of treating conusmers/customers is in full stride. If our pets and kids got broadsided, what chance doewe have with laptops. Lenovo will go down faster than you think, guaranteed.
Ss

Comments

Ba
  22nd of Mar, 2008

Lenovo T61 - Bad product from day 1!
Lenovo
Los Angeles
California

As soon as I plugged in my new Lenovo T61 Laptop error messages popped up. Spent 8 days trying to get it set up. Found out there is no customer support unless you pay $100 per hour fee. No support on a new $1500 Laptop. HP did Sony did Toshiba also 4 one year but not Lenovo. Called a local tech $60 an hour. Agter 2 hours you have a corrupted hard drive on a fresh computer. Lenovo touts a Blue button for complete recovery which did not work. Multiple calls to company & 7 recovery CD's were promised but not sent. Multiple more calls to the company & they were finally sent. Two more hours with tech only to find out after a call to company that CD's were defective. Called company tech support they will not let you talk to a supervisor & you cant understand what they are saying due to heavy accents. Just want what I paid for a new properly working computer. Sorry sir we don't replace! We can send it out to be refurbished. I paid for a new computer, its junk! I would like to return it. There is a 15% restocking fee but you are 2 days past the point of return. Would you like us to refurbish it? I actually paid the extra $$ so I could talk to someone I could understand in the USA or Canada I was told-Never happened-all heavy accents all in canada. You hear Lenovo is a big company but the numbers combine IBM sales also. They are really the second smallest company. One office in Toronto a small repair station in N. Carolina & a sub jobbed out tech support in Atlanta. Most of their sales are in the USA but america does not see any of the $$. Just China & a few jobs in canada. This now is a truly Chinese company with Chinese ethics. Meaning poison toothpaste, lead children toys & phony generic pills. Do not make the mistake of thinking this is IBM. After receiving a non operational computer probably corrupted by an underpaid disgruntled employee & not being able to return it I now have $250 out of pocket for tech support a dead computer with bad restore disks and a real bad attitude. Have you noticed lately Lenovo's are on sale every week. I paid $1300 on a sale & the next week it was $1080 & this week its $994. Think twice before you buy Chinese as it ain't IBM no more Dorthy! You dont get what you pay for. Do a search on Lenovo problem!
Ki
  31st of May, 2008
shut your pie whole biatch
Co
  7th of Aug, 2008
People are always willing to give an 'opinionated' review of a product, without giving specific examples that will actually help other consumers. What was happening when the laptop froze, how long before it started, what type of processor, memory, OS, applications running, etc? We're the most up to date drivers installed? Was adequate research done to determine the compatibility of the product with what it was being used for? Did you ask for a supervisor? Dell and HP don't exactly break records in quality and customer service either. I will agree that Lenovos are generally crap, as a deal with them frequently, however there are many that run exceptional due to proper use and maintenance in my neck of the woods.
Vp
  22nd of Aug, 2008
Lenovo's customer service is the absolute worst, first of all they released a few new products, the U330 S10 and others, of which they havn't posted the Tech specs, you know... things like if the U330 has HDMI out, I mean a picture would suffice, but they are selling the product anyway. So I call up lenovo customer service to see if THEY know, yea right, after asking the question does any of your laptops have HDMI out they said only the Y730, and continuously gave me wrong information.
If that wasn't bad enough, i still decided to buy the U330, which apparently is back ordered, so I try and call them again, no one knows whats going on or how long it will take, their suggestion is call them back tomorow, so I do, what do they say, call them back tomorow. Its awesome, I am literally saying "take my money" and ... nothing. God i hope nothing goes wrong with my laptop, cause if I have to deal with them again...

Also.. I tried calling them, their Brazil call center is experiencing a "high call volume" so they won't be able to answer the phone for atleast another 48hours... just fyi
Ko
  31st of Aug, 2008
I absolutely hate Lenovo

After two tomes changing the motherboard, installing a new hard drive, two times battery problem, Still my T61 freezes after
15-20 minutes working,
That was just a simple stupidity though buying such a nasty device from this company
Guelph/Canada
Jo
  31st of Aug, 2008
I have to say Sony laptops really suck. I used to use IBM thinkpad. After it was transferred to china, never bother to consider! I might buy Acer in future, not Lenovo made by People's Liberation Army!

Lenovo Group Logo Lenovo Group