Leap Frog Leapster L-Max / Terrible customer service!

1 Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:

The toy was great and my son loved it, unfortunately the quality of his L-Max was not. I have received terrible support and customer service from leapfrog. My sons l-max broke two weeks after he received it for Christmas(touch screen wouldn't respond). I initially sent an email, I didn't get a response on that until the middle of February. I then called support and was told to send it in for replacement. I did that, and after waiting weeks and many calls I was told they would not receive any new stock until march 3rd. Well I called on march 3rd and started bothering them again, still they could provide no information. I finally received the replacement yesterday, but there was no screen protector. I called about this, they told me they tell customers not to send accessories since they do not replace them, I was never told this, and yet they sent an accessory, new video cables. Anyways I was told it would take 3-4 months to get a new screen cover. There support is terrible, I would avoid this company at all cost for fear of having to deal with their customer support/service, which is non-existent.

Comments

• Ab
      29th of Apr, 2008

I am a very dissatisfied comsumer as well. I have given them ample time to recitfy the situation and I have had no results. I shipped several items to leap frog because the leapster stop working. I included a leapster game and I was told to inculde everything the I have for this toy. They sent a replacement leapster but did not return my charger or my sonic the hedge hog game back. I have called 4 times and the last time I got a tracking number that does not exist. LEAP FROG SUCK, THEY HAVE LOSTMY BUSINESS

• Sh
      6th of Jul, 2008

I shop on line a lot and Leapfrog is the worst and I will never do business again with them.

I bought some Leappad books last year, and several days ago, they sent email to me said their system had some problem and charged tax wrongly. So they charged my credit card WITHOUT my permission, after SEVEN months.

I am sacred they are allowed to do such terrible thing and I feel my confidence on on-line shopping totally gone. I will cancel my credit card just in case in the future they charge me again for some stupid reasons, and WITHOUT my permission.

Leapfrog really sucks.

• Pa
      7th of Oct, 2008

My experience has been exactly the same.

I got two Leapster2s, all excited that they hook up to the internet.

What they don't tell you is that they don't work. Given my experiences, it seems to be the green ones that don't connect or detect SD cards properly. But anyways, I got two identical SD cards to put in them.

One works, one won't detect any SD cards (I tried all I owned) and won't hook up to any computer properly. I worked in it for over 8 hours, reinstalling each from scratch with the opposite SD cards, cd, and cards. It was the green leapster that doesn't work right.

When I asked Customer service about replacing it, they auto-responded they'd answer the request in 24 hours. I asked again 4 days later. 8 days after my request, they finally responded. After answering the same question multiple times, they again asked me today to send them the answer to how big is your SD card.

They just want to blame their product failures on external things like the size of SD cards. That's because nobody even sells the little cards they recommend you use anymore - so nobody can complain when one doesn't work (unless they got 2 like I did and it's obvious only one has issues).

Everyone, make sure you put in a BBB complaint if leapfrog doesn't support their warranty. And do the same if your new Leapster2 doesn't connect to the internet properly and let you track your child's progress. It's false advertising to advertise features that don't exist!

I finally just took mine into Walmart and exchanged it there. Unfortunately I'm starting to realize it's the green leapsters in general. Because this one, brand new on any computer, is having exactly the same issues as the first one!

• Ka
      1st of Dec, 2008

I agree Leapfrog sucks. Even though I like their toys, I will never order from this company again.