LDS Leather / Terrible service and attitude

1 118 Thompson Dr.Norman, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 405-701-2707

Previously no problems. But on April 23, 2008, I placed a custom order and requested an Invoice for the cost. It was promised, but never sent. Weeks passed without phone calls being returned. The two times I reached them, I was told they'd taken their first vacation in years. Second time, told orders were very backed up. Third time, told products ready to be shipped.

A week later, I called. Not shipped. Attitude problem with both reps. Received goods in late June. The color was closer to "pink", than the lighter brown, I'd been promised. The cost of the multi-function lead was out-of-sight! Then the problems REALLY began. Was hung up on four times when I attempted to discuss the order and work out a resolution. After writing them, I was told to send the order back, as LDS had another buyer. One day later, they told me I owed "restocking and processing" fees!

I'm disputing the charge with VISA and hope to complain to any available Consumer Affairs office. Norman, OK doesn't have a Better Business Bureau. Fee free to email me if you've had a similar experience. Together, we can challenge their business license, if they continue to handle folks in this manner.

Jo

Comments

• Ka
      20th of Nov, 2008

It is a very difficult thing when clients don't take responsibility for what they order. What Jody Fitzgerald did not tell you is that he ordered both a braided leash and a German working lead, both made from veg-tan leather.
    Natural veg-tan, which is what he ordered, is a natural undyed leather. People don't seem to realize that "natural undyed" leather is just that. It is a flesh color. It is not brown and I would never represent it as such. Our leather tutorial on our site is accurate and clear for anyone who wishes to read it before selecting a leather. Jody was told this at the time he ordered, of course. Further, the price he was charged, $75.00, is the exact price that is posted on our site. Jody reports himself to have anM.D. so I firmly believe he is capable of reading a web site. In fact, I know he is as he is a repeat customer. What he also did not tell you is that he returned one of the leashes and kept the other with no complaint and it was made from the same leather. In fact, it was cut from the exact same hide. The real issue is that he simply did not wish to pay for what he ordered and tried to come up with any reason he could not to. Lastly, the leash for which I had a buyer was his braided leash, which is the one he indicated he was going to return. Of course, there are always two perspectives to any issue. Most people who feel that they did not get exactly what they wanted, whether what they want is fair or reasonable, will generally blame anyone but themselves. Jody obviously appreciated our work as he ordered from us many times. People are free to complain but it certainly would be nice if they would present the entire story, including the parts that are not self-complimentary. Some day Jody will want something else and won't be able to find a craftsman to make it for him. I have a very long memory. Thanks for reading and call any time if you have questions about any complaint you read. It's very disheartening to make for someone just what they ask for and have it thrown back in your face. You can find us at http://www.ldsleather.com

• Do
      26th of Feb, 2009

Wow! I was about to call these people with a ~$250 order but luckily stumbled onto these posts. I confirmed that LDS Leather has an "F" rating with the BBB and 16 complaints in last 36 months as of 2/25/09.

Hey Karen, I read the complaints and I read your one response. My conclusion is that you obviously suck at what you do. The BBB agrees.

• Pl
      9th of Dec, 2011

After reading the other complaints posted and confirming LDS Leather's "F" rating with BBB.org as well as Karen's comment, "...Some day Jody will want something else and won't be able to find a craftsman to make it for him. I have a very long memory." I have decided to go with another company with a proven track record of excellent customer service and a higher quality product. Tasman's Natural Pet at www.naturesbestrawhide.com. I really wanted a custom collar and leash, but I am not willing to endure rudeness and up to a year long wait for a product that disappoints.