LabCorp / rude

United States Review updated:

I left a voicemail and never received a return call. I went to the office and the lady at the desk was rude and impatient. I was inquiring about special directions my doctor attached to my test and she told me that was Labcorp's business. I remained polite and left. I'm guessing the standard's aren't very high to work there if you can't even get subpart customer service. On top of that she seemed very quick to be defensive which usually means your not on the up and up.

Comments

• Al
      Jul 23, 2008

That's not their only problem. This has got to be one of the worst reference labs in the country. After various visits to their centers, I was so frustrated that I created www.labcorpsucks.com so that others can vent out their feelings.

• Ka
      Jul 31, 2008

They refused service to my husband this morning if he did
    not pay the $10 co-pay. We never pay our co-pay at a lab?
    I have put a call in to the Regional Mgr., but who knows if they will even do anything to the emplyee.It a real shame what we have to deal with.

• My
      Aug 14, 2008

I am continually bombarded with past due bills from LabCorp. Although I submit a portion, once a month, usually $50, they send letters threatening that they will "turn me over to collections" and will refuse service in the future, if I do not pay in full "immediately".

It is my understanding that if a person shows good faith and pays an amount every month, they have no right to DEMAND payment in full, immediately. Am I wrong in this assumption?

I have filed a complaint with the FTC regarding this issue and have as yet, heard nothing back.

I am in the process of filing a complaint with the BBB, as well.

This is not a matter of whether or not I can afford the amount. The main contention I have is this was an unexpected charge and for them to think anyone and everyone can come up with their inflated charges, with no advanced warning, is preposterous!

Aug 21, 2008

Yikes! Last year, my HMO stopped paying for Quest Diagnostics and it wasn't a problem until yesterday. The nearest Labcorp was in the basement of an unmarked residential apartment building on a sidestreet... We went downstairs and passed by rooms filled with random furniture, a microwave, teddy bears and packing material before finding the "lab". The employees were about as nice as anyone in NY, and the technician managed to find my vein without any trouble, but as I looked around, I noticed cardboard boxes were literally being used as furniture. There was nothing around to indicate that this was a place of business. I felt like I was about to become vampire food. It was actually quite scary. I will NEVER go back there.

• Cs
      Sep 04, 2008

I went to labcorp to have some blood drawn from my daughther. There was about six people waiting. It was my first time visiting this office so I went to the desk to ask the procedure. The gentleman behind the desk said rudely, you have to sign. So I did. after everyone was seen, a young woman came in to sign her name. The person behind the desk then drew a line on the page then said anyone under the line had to wait until after 12 noon.I was already there for 45 mins. so I didn't think that it applied to me. After another 15 mins had past, I asked what was going on. His reply was they were having lunch. I told him that I was already there and that my name was on a different piece of paper which made me before the line. All I got was a blank look in response. Then his answer was ohh. It was? I felt it was very unprofessional. At least the mistake should have been corrected. I didn't even get that. Not to mention the whole time I was there, the phone would ring and a answering machine would pick up. The only thing is that all of the messages were loud where whom ever was in the office heard the whole message. No one should have been able to hear anyones info.

• Ph
      Sep 07, 2008

Mr or Ms Singleton,

I greatly an sorry you were treated in such a bad way, But I must pass on is this . Most Lab Corp only give there employees 30 mins for lunch and they all don't gop at the same time ; its ussally is one or two Techs at a time that takes there 30 minutes lunch breaks. This problem should be told to the Regional Manger, Now the Phones are not to be on a answering machine durring operation hours . this to should be brought to the attention of the RM .
    Again I'm hartfelt sorry that you were given a hard way to go .

• El
      Sep 23, 2008

I had to use lab corp because that was my insured lab. My doctor sent them an obvious worm filled sample and they didnt even look at it, sending back that it was healthy. IT WAS FILLED WITH LONG EARTHWORM LIKE WORMS FOR GOD SAKE! My doctor agreed that she saw worms before the sample was even sent to verify the breed of parasite. Well, the sample is on its way to quest now for which Im paying out of pocket. Lab corp is a bunch of lazy, rip off artists!

• He
      Nov 21, 2008

My doctor ordered a drug urine screening on me. The urine test was done by Labcorp, who then sent me a bill for $217, FOR A DRUG TEST. I looked up the exact same drug test online to see what others were charging for it. Labsafe.com charged $99 and pfiprepaidlab.com charged $53, down from their retail price of $107.

Labcorp is charging me $217 for a test worth no more than $53. It is more likely only about $20. Drug tests are cheap. You can get one at a clinic for about $5-$10. What a rip-off. When is this country going to get their head out of their ### and realize that by having a profit-driven medical system, we are going to be paying to padd the pockets of doctors, labs, pharmecutical companies, and insurance companies. You're fooling yourself if you think that they really care about your best interests.

• Di
      Jan 22, 2009

I am a retired DC Police Lieutenant who recently moved to Florida and had to change my health plan. My new doctor sent me to Labcorp for blood work in Palm Coast. After about 45 minutes of waiting, the receptionist advised that I had a $1, 600 balance from two years ago. I advised her that this was the first time I was at Labcorp. Both receptionists became rude and one started mumbling comments under her breath. She gave me a 1-800 number to call. The receptionist could not give me any further information or assistance other than that the bill was owed by someone with my name and date of birth. It took 5 hours of both me and my wife to get through at this number. I was advised that they would look into this and call me back. No one has and I went to another lab. With the little I was given, I was able to put together that a person with the same common name (Michael Smith) and same date of birth owed a bill from Arlington, Ohio, a place that I have never been. I looked this person up and he does exist. The rude and unprofessional display topped off with the lack of response to address this issue will result in me never going back and recommending to everyone I know that they do the same.

• Ju
      Feb 09, 2009

I can't even get these people on the phone! This happens every single time I have to call them! They can't possibly be that busy because once they do FINALLY answer, they get you off the phone quick, fast, and in a hurry! It's, "hello, can't help you, goodbye!" They are getting on my last nerve!

I think I will call my insurance company and ask them why they force us to use such imbeciles for such important testing. Why should my hard earned money have to be spent at a place where I'm not even sure any lab results I do get will be correct or not!? After all, they can't even answer their phone, for Pete's sake! Argh!!!

P.S. I don't know who wrote that note above in reference to an apology for the service someone got, but if you truly are a representative of Labcorp, the legibility of your message certainly explains a lot!

May 21, 2018

@JustMe I agree. Whoever wrote it appears to have 4th grade writing skills. Not exactly what you would expect from a professional business.

• Ps
      Feb 17, 2009

Management consistently under staffs draw stations, the employees are overloaded with additional duties piled on at no additional pay, one hour lunches are a luxury, breaks are nonexistent, two hour wait times, phones ringing off the hook, not even time for a bathroom break. Sound familiar? You must be a PST for LabCorp.

Why do we do it?

The majority of the PST's I have had the pleasure of working with are courteous, professional, and considerate to the patients even under these difficult working conditions. Excessive wait time hurt both the patient and the PST, no one likes to wait and hour or more for a 10-15 minute procedure. However, the true reality is that the one hour wait time is typical, not by choice but by circumstance. PST's hear your comments, your complaints, your concerns, and yes sometimes your rude remarks. However, we do this job because we care about our patients.

• Ka
      Jun 14, 2009

I went to Labcorp today in San Leandro, East 14th St. and the lady was so rude to me.. I came in said good morning and wrote my son's name on the check in list. Then I said Hi! can I ask a question? and the lady said I will get to you so just take a seat. Then I said " Oh it's just a quick question about what the doctor said about the form". Then she said "Hey! I am busy okay!!! take a seat and I said I will get to you!" At this point I didn't even want to argue anymore and just was shocked at what she said. All she had to do was listen to my simple question and then she can politely say " I can help you with that once I finish with this, please take a seat and I will be with you shortly." You don't yell and say hey to your customer. My gosh! she is dealing with the public... She has to know how to work with people.. I left my opinion in their opinion box... I had to..She was so rude!!! I will never go back to them.. I will tell my son's doctor to refer us to a different lab because they have poor customer service skills. Oh and the question I was about to ask her was about the form for the lab, the Doc told me to mention it right away because she ran out of Lab corp form and had to use Quest Diagnostics form. But like I said... she didn't wanna hear it! Rude! Rude! Rude! is all I can say..

• Gu
      Jul 10, 2009

I knew a guy who worked at a place, reading the slides from the blood work by Lab Corp. He was constantly on marijuana, smoked it every day, and was a pretty heavy but so called "functional" drinker too. He often joked about being high when he was at work.

I have also read that the low to high parameter ranges or the results for Medicare patients are wider than for private pay insured people. Meaning that the health care recommendations and referrals based on the results would be different too.

• La
      Aug 13, 2009

Please God, do not get me started I AM AN EMPLOYEE OF LABCORP!!! I have so many grievences with the company. It is beyond ridiculous, I literally could go on for days ### about the idiots in the corporate world i work for. ###ING ###S. I am to the point of contacting a damned lawyer. I am being threatened to be written up for NOT ACQUIRING PEOPLES CREDIT CARD INFORMATION for bills from that day's service! AND lets talk about the staffing. WHAT STAFFING????? NO ###ING WONDER WE HAVE WAIT TIMES!! does everyone really want me to go on???

May 21, 2018

@labcopemployee It doesn't surprised me that they are writing their employees up for not getting people's credit cards. That explains why the staff was so aggressive and rude to me when I told them I did not want to provide this information and then lied to me saying they would not perform my labs without the credit card - even though I have insurance and LabCorp is in network,

• Sg
      Aug 23, 2009

Unfortunately all the comments here are right. Labcorp like any corporate outfit follows a very simple formula; Lousy staff, overworked and underpaid = Bad service + Ridiculously high charges = More profit and happy shareholders. Patients? What patients? They don't care about us. Again unfortunately this is what happens when health care becomes a huge profit business with No accountability or checks and balances. You get a bunch of immoral people that start looking for creative ways to make more money and quality tends to always get sacrificed in the process.
    My experience with Labcorp resembles most of these accounts. The only difference is I walked out after a long wait and lousy greeting at the door at one of the Plano, TX locations. I refuse to reward Bad service with my hard earned money and I'm thankful that I went in just for routine tests. It's really SAD what healthcare has become in this country and what even sadder is there's not much we can do about it as the same corrupt, ignorant politicians keep getting elected and the same old stupid old song about socialized medicine keep getting played. As most people living near the border with tell you you're much better off going to Mexico or Canada for your healthcare needs.

• Ms
      Aug 30, 2009

Thank you, PST!
    Yes we continue to take the abuse because we feel compelled to care for the public the best we can even though we are overworked, underpaid, understaffed and completely misunderstood at times! I would love to work with you any day but the "Labcorpemployee"...HE/SHE needs a new job. Soon!
    We need to ask for the customers credit card and request the Credit Card Collection payment because it helps our company get payment for service up front.
    If Labcorpemployee doesn't want to do what is needed, if he bucks the system the whole way and if his attitude toward his employer is picked up on by the customers (which I'm sure it is) I sure hope he either quits soon or is fired. We don't need him, we will just close ranks and work harder without him.

• St
      Sep 09, 2009

I would like to know if anyone has had any issues with the results of tests done by Labcorp? I've read the story on labcorpsucks.com about the lady whose son's blood samples were switched with another child's sample. Has anyone had any issues with paternity testing? I live in ohio and labcorp just acquired a contract with our state (yes, I am shaking my head-- what was the governor thinking?). I've been told that no one knows of any complaints from ohio residents, because ohio just began using labcorp in july for all types of testing to include paternity testing, not just for forensic testing, as was done in the past. Just looking for some answers on what seems to be a shady company. --

May 21, 2018

@strongsinglemom EVERY single time I go into labcorp and have a script from more than one doctor, only ONE doctor will get the test results. This happens without fail.

In one case, I was having a liver panel done to re-test my high nimbers after being on a medication. My Doctor never got the results because I had another test from a different doctr and they got all the lab results. When I did not hear from my doctor checking the liver, I assumed they got the results and everything was fine, but they never got the results at all! Over a month passed before I thought to contact my doctor and ask. Luckily they were able to track down the results, but luckily I didn't have major issues that needed addressing.

Another doctor told me outright that I should not use Labcorp because they don't get the results half the time. Horrible company.

• St
      Sep 09, 2009

Hopefully, you don't mind me asking this...what type of tests did labcorp perform for you?

Sep 12, 2009

Any one been asked for Credit Card "Hold" amount and to sign a release for them to bill you if your insurance does not pay ? - I.E. Medicare and UnitedHealth Supplement were the insurance. Never had been asked before. They refused service UNLESS I gave them credit card even though TWO insurance payers. Is this legal when using Medicare?- they stated they accept assignment from Medicare but still wanted CC. All they had to do was call the toll free number on the back of each Ins. card I would think.

May 21, 2018

@JackTexas According to corporate, they are not allowed to require a credit card if you have insurance or refuse service if you decline to provide a credit card. That does not stop their unethical employees from lying about it to customers. I believe corporate encourages their employees to get credit cards at any cost including lying and gives negative evaluations to employees that fail to get them.

• Dd
      Nov 24, 2009

I ALSO VISIT A LABCORP LOCATED IN BALTIMORE MARYLAND WHERE THE WORKERS WERE RUDE FROM THE TIME I WALK IN THE DOOR FROM THE TIME I WALK OUT, BECAUSE OF THEIR BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE WAY THAT TREATED PEOPLE WITH NO COMPASSION AND NO CONSIDERATION FOR PEOPLE IT WAS SO UNPROFESSIONAL.

• Wo
      Dec 10, 2009

i went to labcorp on henry street in east orange nj. omg. hippa needs to do something. there was a computer there with people information, if i was an id thief i would have had a field day. there infection control was a joke. my test came back normal when i am obviously at the point of death.they never changed gloves. i told my doctor that i had to get a second opinion and hopefully i would be going to quest and see how they do their's. God help us all.

Dec 15, 2009

I can only agree, they are very impolite. I called today because
    of some blood work that was ordered by my doctor. I had the
    order in my hands and was on my way to their lab. Yet, I called
    to inquire exactly what my doctor had ordered because I had a
    question and wanted to be able to specify my question before
    I would call the doctor's office. Without any explanation they
    refused to answer my question as to what test exactly were on
    my order. The answer was that that is a decision for the doctor.
    Only after I explained and insisted they pretended to answer
    but actually just through a few abbreviations at my that I could
    obviously not understand. - very rude... very unprofessional.

Christine

• Im
      May 06, 2010

I went to labcorp for some blood drawn and signed in on the check in list at 10 o'clock in morning. Waited for more than one hour and my name was called in while a lady in orange dress talked loudly about waiting for more than one hour and wanted to see a supervisor. The receptionist/nurse sent me back to waiting room and took the lady in orange dress in for blood drawn. That orange dress lady went ahead of me. I complained it to the nurse and she said that she was here first. I showed her the check in list that I was here first. She ignored it. Some people in the waiting room were for me and spoke out for me. I am deaf. She did not say anything and took me after the orange lady. After the blood drawn, she finally said an "apology" after seeing that I was hurt and teared. The nurse wrote down on a paper that orange lady asked to see a supervisor, and then said that she had another appoinment and had to take care of her grandson. Why did the nurse sent me back to the waiting room and let the orange dress lady go ahead of me, was that nurse guilty of taking too long coffee break? She did not want the orange dress lady to see a supervisor?

• La
      Jul 04, 2012

i work for lab corp and they are very rude and they are easily brided i was offered 1500 dollars in april 2012 in beaumont tx to switch dna samples and i did it i was ashamed but needed the money in may i was offered 500 dollars to switch dna samples for a deaf girl who had 5 different dads take the test now i feel bad because a guy is paying child support for a kid that not his so please get a second opinion on dna test with lab corp in beaumont tx

• Ne
      Apr 20, 2013

There was one lady in the office and she did the check in, insurance paperwork and payments AND also did the calling of customers to go into rooms AND then she also took blood and/or conducted all the other tests. This is crazy to have one person doing all of this. The phones were ringing off the hook the whole hour I was there and there were about 15 clients in the waiting room when I arrived at 8AM when they open. With one person handling all of this, hopefully no mistakes are made, it is very scary. She was of course also incredible rude to everyone including myself. She treated people like cattle and if they dare ask or say anything, she would bite their heads off. I'm traumatized and will NEVER return to that location. It is the north freeway location in Houston, TX. It's unfortunate that most of the clients can not speak English well and probably are too afraid to complain.

• Sh
      Dec 16, 2013

I just received a bill for 980.00 from labcorp for 2 cultures. My husband is freaking out. That doesn't include the office visit where I had to swab myself in the bathroom. If we had that kind of money I would purchase insurance. Can ANYTHING be done regarding these thieves??

• Ih
      Feb 06, 2014

My friend took at paternity test and his markers the mothers markers and the child's match so it looks like the mother is his child or sister and so is the child and the state did nothing about it but tell him to pay child support and when the girl got pregnant he was no where around her he had moved to another state. I hate lab corps we did a private test and it shows he is not the father but it will not hold up in court and the mother will not let him see the child to get a court ordered test done.

Nov 01, 2015

There are techs that float through the Orlando locations that are giving out patient information, selling clean urine specimens in order to get patients jobs, and are HIV positive and taking patient blood samples. There needs to be something done b/c this is very unprofessional and dangerous. Your techs need to be tested.

Nov 28, 2015

My husband had to go for a routine urine test at the LabCorp in Manasquan, NJ, and was pretty much treated like a criminal. They were very rude and were making comments about my husband which he could clearly hear. Very unprofessional. The workers there need a course in how to conduct themselves accordingly.

Feb 08, 2016

Worker that took my information was very rude, then forgot to add one of my tests, resulting in my having to go back, get stuck again, and lose another lunch hour due to their incompetence.

Horrible place.

LabCorp / Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings - Blood work
    Holmdel
    New Jersey
    labcorp.com

I had a scheduled appointment at 11:45am..and reached about 5 minutes late because I couldnt find any parking.. It took over 2hrs to get blood work dine. So what is the point taking an appointment when you treat your patient as walk in patient.

This is not first time it happened.. this place always has delays over 1 to 2 hrs..

Sep 11, 2018
    LabCorp - blood drawing
    Robbinsville NJ

I was a phlebotomist in the USNavy and I know rights and wrong.The woman drawing my blood missed the vein and lost the vacuum from the vacutainer, but continued to move the needle back and forth in my arm.I am left with a large bruise.She used the butterfly on the other arm.She should be reschooled and reprimanded.

• Sh
      Nov 04, 2018
    LabCorp - service, bad customer service, low amount of staff
    Tampa
    Florida

I had an appointment
    I have been waiting 56 minutes to be seen
    There is only one person working both sides of the office .
    There is presently only 7 people in the waiting room .

This location needs a lot of help

The location of this complaint is the
    Labcorp located at
    14438 University Cove Pl
    FL 33613
    Tampa FL

Nov 11, 2018
    LabCorp / Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings - Blood results
    Middletown
    Delaware

Today is October 31, 2018 and I went to get bloodwork done on September 26, 2018. It was an extensive bloodwork order. They never sent the results to my doctor and was never in the state database. My doctor called them and they don't have anything on that order. How can someone just lose all your bloodwork?

• Me
      Dec 11, 2018
    LabCorp / Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings - employees
    200 Banning st
    Dover
    Delaware

The employees at Eden Hill Lab Corp are very rude and unprofessional. They treat the patents like crap. Like they are better than us. Myself and relatives and friends have said the same thing. We won't be going there any more.