LA Fitness International / service

1 Canada

Hello,
This is Sijian Chen, a member of LA FITNESS located at 1380 Don Mills Rd, North York, ON, Canada. My membership NO. is S663428. I am writing to complain the manager there for his attitude is so rude and arrogant. I registered personal training program in March, it was actually a one year program. Because I did not want such a long term program, the staff promised me that I can cancel it after four months. However I was not informed that the sessions were not extendable. There was an accident happened to me at the end of March after I only took two training sessions. My right hand got a very severe injury. My tendon was cut and my nerve was hurt. I did surgery, and currently my right hand need a long term rest to recover. I am not supposed to use it as a normal hand within at least one year. As such horrible accident happened, I want to cancel my personal training in advance. Today I went to LA FITNESS and talked to the manager and the staff Andrew, I told them what the situation I was facing, and wanted to get understanding from them. However the attitude of the manager was so cold blooded and arrogant which made me feel very uncomfortable. He was not willing to cancel my sessions, and also compared me with those who have no hands, the way he said like mocking me that I was just pretending to be injured. What's more, today I was told my session was not extendable, as it was 4 months, which means If I do not want to suffer $2000 lost, I have to go to the session every day from now on. However if I do so, can LA FITNESS guarantee that my hand will not get hurt again during it is recovering? The manager never want to help me with such situation, he just want me to wait until the 4-month session expires, and I am keeping paying $500 every month for nothing. I am extremely angry about what happened today in LAFITNESS. If the problem cannot be solved, I have to go to the training every day from now, and not only me, LA FITNESS should also bare the risk of bad consequent which would happen. Also you should take action to improve the customer services, the customer experience now is horrible. People who work there should at least be friendly and helpful. The attitude of the manager hurts me, and make my day sucks.

Si