Krystal Hotels and Timeshares / Sand too hot

1 Mexico Review updated:

My daughter aged 3 burned her feet on the sand when we were on vacation at Krystal Hotels and Timeshare resorts last month.
They should have signs up to warn parents about the dangers the hot sand has on little tender feet.

As a parent of two young children, I do think that the Krystal Hotels could do more about warning concerned parents about the temperature of the sand. Parents be warned about the hot sand when you're at the Krystal Hotel in Puerto Vallarta.

Comments

• Co
    Best Best Advice

That's too funny. The sand is hot there, but for them to put up signs? Ya right.

• Ga
      26th of Apr, 2012

News Flash: The sand is hot on Mexico's beaches.

• Ga
      26th of Apr, 2012

The Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico tend to get wet too.

• Ro
      28th of Apr, 2012

Do you expect the Krystal Timeshare people to inform you if the drinks they serve are too strong too??

• Er
      2nd of May, 2012

This is the problem with the soccermom mentality - that somehow their kids are too fragile and precious to survive the same activities that we all managed to survive - like hot sand, or jungle-gyms .. Your kids will be FINE with the same sand that everyone else walks on. No, Krystal Timeshares do not need to inform their guests and members that the sand is too hot. Maybe get some $2 sandals before you go to the beach if you're that worried about your kids feet.

3rd of May, 2012

I agree with Erica's comment: sand hot is not going to kill your coddled kids.. and the resort does not need to waste $ on signs to alert other parents. In fact, I would guess that most parents know about sand being hot from the Mexican sun .. I've been to Cancun before and that white sand can get quite hot in the afternoon but its not going to cause harm to anyone.
    Its time to let your kids be kids and god forbid, scrape their knees.

• Lo
      4th of May, 2012

I dont see the reason for Krystal Timeshare people to put up signs - reminds me of the Simpsons episode when the city of Springfield went sign crazy. I dont want to see that on my vacation.

21st of May, 2012

HA! Would the signs on the beach make you any better of a mother? Common sense should've told you to pack footwear for your kids, like $2 flip-flops.

• Do
      30th of May, 2012

A good mother would pack the right supplies for their kids..

• Do
      30th of May, 2012

Sorry if that is rude to say.. but it is true.

• Re
      30th of May, 2012

No one told your kids to walk on the sand. This is your fault. The sand was there minding its own business and here your kids go walking all over it. Your kids feet should have fell off. You gone learn from this.

• Ca
      12th of Jul, 2012

Who would actually think that a resort needs to warn about the temperature of the sand at their beach??!!

• Is
      23rd of Oct, 2013

Timeshare scams are HUGE problem in Mexico. We purchased a Royal Elite Timeshare last year. We were promised all kinds of opportunity, while they kept serving us cold Coronas. Between HSI, RCI, and Royal Elite it seems that this is all a scam. We initially made three payments of $800, and now after Royal Elite has made a mistake with their collections back in the end of 2008, Monterey Financial has been threatening to send me to court to recover the unpaid portion ever since. Royal Elite is almost impossible to contact. This has become a huge pain, and a troubling financial burden. These are more complaints made on the Royal Elite timeshare resorts:

We will not go down without a fight. We are working now with PROFECO and will continue to haunt them