Korean Cupid.com / Scam and fraud

1 Australia Review updated:

This company asked me to go through an externally frustrating debit card authentication's/verification process that my bank won't participate in for some reason with a reputable company. I am puzzled and frustrated with this byzantine process. Its like "The Trial"

by Franzs Kafka. By their own admission the company Koreancupid.com says it is selective about who they put this through. Someone please take a close look at them!

Va

Comments

• Ne
      15th of Mar, 2012

In addition, trying to sign up as a woman seeking to meet a man is impossible. Profile gets "terminated" at their "discretion" within minutes of trying to sign up, even if she agrees to the verification process providing ID etc.

If women can't sign up no matter what, then I wonder where they got all the lovely girls from that they claim to have in their database. Are they real? I think not.

• Au
      15th of Apr, 2013

I tried to sign up last night to take advantage of Korea cupid, I'm a woman seeking a male. They gave me membership details, and even approved my picture! Today I log in and my profile was terminated with this message "Profile Terminated

Your profile has been terminated and cannot be reactivated."

Umm shouldn't you send an email if you're terminating someone's profile, or point out how the profile violates their terms of agreement? They didn't do neither. I send them an email asking them why my profile was terminated, but they're keeping quiet about it.

• Tr
      27th of Aug, 2013

Same story here. I believe that guys who develop a grudge against you can make up a false story and file a false complaint, saying you violated the Terms, without any concrete proof, just their word against yours. This website is definitely biased towards males. I wasn't warned or anything through an e-mail or message; I just went on the website, tried to sign in and got the termination message. I reported a guy's profile because he had his full real name and skype name, and they allowed him to stay on the website as long as he removed the violations.

18th of Feb, 2014

I am a Korean male and signed up as a 3-month paying member of the site to send messages to these so called beautiful female members. Come to find out that all of these profiles of beautiful women are fake. They also have many members that try to get you to join a translation site called gagamatch which is a scam site.

Buyer beware! This site uses unethical business practices and is a fraud!

2nd of Mar, 2014

My file was also terminated after putting on my profile that I was NOT looking for an affair. Many of the men I met online were married. I also have asked why my profile was terminated with no luck on a response. I will certainly be voicing my opinion if anyone asks about this website.

• Di
      24th of Sep, 2014

Everything about it smells "just put through your credit card once to check out these hot women." And then you'll be the idiot that does, realizing that most of these profiles are empty and that there are lots of automated messages prompting you to just do it, so you do.

• Sm
      10th of Aug, 2015

I tried to sign up to this site, being an attractive girl that is looking for a serious relationship I thought they would welcome me, but no, my profile was terminated within an hour, before I could even contact anyone. I even submitted my ID for verification, and a photo of myself, but apparently they don't allow real girls looking for a serious relationship on the site. I emailed support but no response. They should at least tell me why it was terminated since I see no reason. To keep my ID information without telling me why my profile was terminated should be illegal. I do not recommend this site.

2nd of Sep, 2015

Kind of scam weird I don't trust this Website

• Gl
      11th of Jan, 2016

This company is still taking money out ov my account afteri told them i wanted to cansel my membership due to only geting 2 likes in first month. So now i wont to cancell all payments to all cupid medeor dating sitesits a rippoff/scam and ive contacted my solicitors also ime complaining to micrasoft and google about cupids medeot dating sites and i will put your ripoffs on facebook if this doesnt stop now

• Da
      6th of Apr, 2016

raise a complaint through
    www.bullman.co.kr

• Mi
      10th of Apr, 2017

Korean Cupids membership payment page conveniently puts the automatic renewal option below the payment button. When choosing a membership you choose 1 month 3 month or 1 year, so why is it revolving? They should have to put the automatic renewal notice above the Payment button.

• Cu
      23rd of Apr, 2017

@mikellee49 For your convenience, we will automatically renew your membership shortly before it expires so you can continue to use all your premium membership features without interruption.

You may opt-out of auto-renewal at any time through your Billing settings. However, to ensure your choice is processed correctly by our system, we recommend you make any changes to your auto renew settings at least 48 hours before your membership is due to expire.

Please contact team@koreancupid.com if you have any further questions.