Kool Smiles / staff at kool smiles
After seeing many commercials on tv about how wonderful Kool Smiles is, I had to take some action. My 4 yr old granddaughter was seen at Kool Smiles for a check up. At her 2nd visit, we were under the impression that she was to have some cavities filled, since she had been there previously for an evaluation. A mask was placed on her face with the nitrous oxide to relax her prior to having dental work completed. After the mask had been on her face, and she had been placed in a reclining position for quite awhile, the staff left the room to discuss with other staff her appropriate dental treatment. They came back into the room, and realized that they had no idea and no records of what she was to have done. The gas was turned off at this point, but the mask was left on. After another 30 minutes of waiting and talking with other staff, they decided to start treatment, which was to include fillings of cavities. At this point, my granddaughter had already been waiting patiently with the mask on for quite awhile. She became upset and started crying. The staff became very irritated with her, and told me that she needs to leave and is not allowed to return to that office. Of course, I had no intention of returning to that office with any children. I was horrified with the treatment my granddaughter received. My daughter has another pediatric dentist that she could have taken her to, but made this appointment since she was able to get her in immediately. Believe me, there is a reason you are able to get into that office quickly. My granddaughter and I both left in tears. Please don't subject any children to this torture. There are many many other dentists that are wonderful and will treat your children with the respect and kindness they deserve. My granddaughter was seen by anther dentist, who stated that she absolutely did not need any fillings. Her checkup and cleaning were completed without any difficulty whatsoever. I hope this helps someone else avoid a terrible experience.
More Kool Smiles Complaints & Reviews
- Kool Smiles Children's Dentist - children treated badly-child abuse! 
- Kool Smiles - unethical treatment and misleading 
- Kool Smiles Dentistry - waiting time and leaving children unattended 
- Kool Smiles - concern citizen former employee
- Kool Smiles - my child 
- Kool Smiles - the ridiculous wait time just to see a dentist
- Kool Smiles - crown procedure refund
- Kool Smiles - staff at louisville, kentucky kool smiles location on broadway
- Kool Smiles - unnecessary dental procedures
- Kool Smiles Of Amarillo TX - no advance notice needing a medical release letter from primary dr.