Kodak ESP 7 Printer / Kodak Printer DO NOT WORK!

1 NY, United States Review updated:

DO NOT buy ANY printer from KODAK. Their scam of stating cheap ink as a reason for buying their inferior printers does not make up for the noise, lack of quality, and intermittent operation of this complete piece of %$#@!

I have never been so frustrated by a product or company than when I purchased the KODAK EPS 7 printer.

So fed up by their total lack of commitment towards making quality products and providing quality support that I made my wife take back 2 KODAK cameras she was going to give as gifts. They bait you with low prices or sales only to stick you with inferior products.

I hope this post will save someone from the waste of time and aggravation one gets from using KODAK products!

This truly is a BUYER BEWARE company!

RPB

Comments

• Ri
      14th of Dec, 2009

Have you tried to contact on-line support @ www.Kodak.com/go/aiosupport, Ricky the Kodak guy.

• Ta
      30th of Dec, 2009

I have gone through 8 of these Kodak printers just to try to get one to work properly. The print heads last so long then stop working on everyone of them. I get the run around everytime I try to all customer service & really who wants to waste time & money mailing a huge printer back & forth for warranty...nonsense! I JUST WANT TO PRINT!

• To
      1st of Jan, 2010

I was sucked into this piece of CRAP by their infomerical. I have been on the phone for how many hours trying to get something done to correct (out of ink, replace color cart.) after threating to get a lawyer they finally gave me a rebuilt unit. It's no better than the first one. I kept a record of jobs done and with some color I printed 13 81/2x10 pieces of paper. Mostly black ink and 7 color pic's 4x6 and the ink says replace color. You can't talk to an ENGLISH SPEAKING person, Well, one without a heavy Indian accent. I guess it's going in the trash. I with I had looked at this web site before buying it NEVER KODAK EVER AGAIN
    Bought a cheap Epson $60. Works good so far and has cheap ink 3 colors in 3 cartrages.

• Ko
      20th of Feb, 2010

i too have had a major problem withthe printer...3 times they send one out . I have wasted money on ink to try and print pictures that only come out wet inked and doted and horrible. i WILL NEVER buy another kodak product.

• Fl
      1st of Mar, 2010

I have a kodak printer and it is the worst printer ever, it wont print, It messes about for 10 mins before it decides it wont print, its noisy and frustrating. I've now had enough and going to buy a new printer tomorrow NOT KODAK!

• Bg
      11th of Apr, 2010

I too have purchased a Kodak based upon their 'past' reputation and ads regarding cheaper ink.
    I have spent more on ink and have printed far less than on my previous HP printers.
    The system shuts down when IT thinks the ink is low! Some cartridges do not even print 10 copies before shutting down all printing.
    Another thing is the ability to keep the machine 'online'. Its on and says it's available but one machine can find it.

I will never buy another Kodak product, and I am sorry I bought this on.
    BGL West Michigan

• Ro
      28th of Dec, 2010

The KODAK ESP 7 printer is a piece of xpoiuyyhb they sucker you in with the price of the ink but unless both color and b&w cartridges are full reguardless of what you are printing the printer will not print. It is noisy and slow at startup and very agrivating and useless half the time, I am on my third printhead so far and I have barely used this printer and it is only two years old if that do not buy any printers from KODAK. BOB D. OAK AWN, il.

• Ro
      28th of Dec, 2010

the KODAK ESP 7 printer is a piece of garbage. They sucker you in with the price of the ink but in reality I have never had to change so many cartridges before. I rarely use it and it is only aprox. two years or less old but if it says it is out of ink reguardless of what you are printing both color and b&w cartridges mut be full by the printers standards or it will not print.Also I am on my third printhead as well. Do not buy a KODAK printer unless you are into pain and suffering. BOB D. OAK LAWN, IL.

• Pl
      21st of Feb, 2011

I too was in awe of the ESP 7 infomercials and looked forward to the savings in ink purchases as well as having quality prints. But to my disappointment, I had to contact Kodak several times about the poor quality of prints and the poor ink usage. Several print heads later and one 'complimentary' set of inks, the warrantee ran out and they were free of my complaints. However, thankfully I bought into Staples replacement warrantee which kicked in after the first years and yes, I had to contact Staples which they did indeed replace it...with another ESP 7 ! Guess what? That one failed too within the first month! The same exact thing. The company, Encompass, who took over the contract agreement, wanted to send me another print head but after much groaning about it to Staples tech support, Staples is sending a very decent coupon to replace the worthless unit. I WONT be buying another Kodak...ever! Thank you Drew!
    P. Lipsett Millville, MA

• Ct
      7th of Apr, 2011

I too have an ESP 7 and wish I never purchased it. It works intermittenly, and you cannot get good customer service support. I've spent hours on the phone, gone through several printheads (all at $25 a piece, which coincidentally you can only buy through Kodak). I wish I found this thread before, but didnt' think to even search on a Kodak product. I've never had such an awful printer, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!

11th of Apr, 2011

My Kodak 3 in 1 ESP3250 packed up after one year - just out of it's guarantee. Kodak have not answered any e mails asking for assistance. Like most of the others on here it is the printhead that has packed up. I tried all the maintenance - cleaning etc but no joy. A new printhead here in UK is more than the price of the printer!

• Di
      10th of Apr, 2012

I bought a kodak printer for work, the ad sounded great and I could print from my blackberry no matter where I am. Well... I'm on my 3rd printer (kodak was polite and has sent me 2 replacement printers) so, with this 3rd printer I had a heavy accented person help me install it, from the time it was installed I kept him on the phone to make sure I could print. It didn't.. he told me it was because I was printing PDF files, I explained that I absolutely need to print PDF, it is the format for my leases. So, I followed him anyway and tried printing a new doc from notepad, no print... I was then told that I needed a new print head and I would have one in 3-8 days. Ha Ha, I explained I have over $25, 000 in bills and estimates I may loose if I can't print and mail, he said he would get it to me in 3 days, (the 3rd printer got here over night) and here we are 5 days and no print basket. I have spent more than 3 hours on the phone with problems, and had so many delays in business I am disqusted with them. Of all the unemployed people in America Kodak hires out of country for their call center. I know why now, if I could find that building I would drive 1000 miles to throw it in their parking lot.