KLM / klm lack of respect and bad service

1 Netherlands Review updated:

On March 25 I travelled through KLM from Sandefjord (Norway) to Amsterdam where I was supposed to catch the connection flight to Lisbon. The flight numbers were: KL1218 at 17h30 from Sandefjord to Amsterdam and KL1697 at 21h from Amsterdam to Lisbon.

The plane that should depart from Sandefjord at 17h30 only arrived at 19h, which by itself made it impossible for me to catch the connection flight. We got on the plane at 19h30 but only departed 2 hours later. After 1 hour waiting on board of the plane the captain announced as an explanation that we were overweight (shouldn't they have noticed that during the check in of all passengers more than 3 hours before?) and that they had to take off fuel and also due to bad weather planes were not departing (we could see through our windows planes landing and departing at that exact time) and that Denmark had closed their airspace to our plane (strange...). Finally we got to Amsterdam and arrived there at 23h. Having lost my connection I went to the transfer desk. The only alternative I was given was the next day flight to Lisbon at 12h20 and although I asked for accommodation for the night (we were missing 13 hours for the departure I was told it was not possible and I could have a 10€ voucher de 10€ to use at some (not all) restaurants of the airport and a 5 minutes call from a single phone that in fact did not work properly as you could hear the person you were talking to. Despite explaining to them it was not correct to just leave me like that especially since the cause of the delay was a delay from KLM departing from Amsterdam to Sandefjord (this flight arrived over 2 hours late) that caused me to lose the connection flight to Lisbon they did no more. I stayed 13 hours at the airport by myself without any support from the company that caused it. Also they didn't agree in finding an earlier flight (even from another company) and when I asked for a note to present at work as I was going to lose a day's work explaining the reason they denied to give such note. I already knew that delays at this company are constant, always putting at risk connections, but I find this kind of treatment and lack of respect unacceptable.

Comments

• Pe
      26th of Aug, 2008

I've had a similar experiance as you. KLM managed to totally ruin me and my family's holiday in Paris. We were supposed to be there for 4 days.. due to KLM it ended up in only being in Paris for 1 full day. They denied us any kind of reimbursement for the expenses we had with our hotel in Paris which we could not use due to KLM. I for one will never travel with this air-line company ever again and I advice you all to not do it neither.

• Pa
      3rd of Oct, 2008

i mean, if we pay high fees and or penalties when we change our flight and or when we change our date, or and when we get sick and we cant travel and or when one of our family members is sick ..WHY WHY WHY AIRLINES DOESNT PAY ANYTHING WHEN THEY BRAKE OUR PLANS ???
    I MEAN IF THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO PAY EUROS 100 PER EACH PERSON FOR A DELAY FLIGHT, OR 100 EUROS PER DAY FOR DELAYEd BAG ..SURELY COMPLAINTS AS SEEN IN THIS PAGE WOULD NEVER HAPPENED ...WHO WILL HELP PASSENGERS ?? ...HUMAN RIGHTS ..??