KLM / stewardess

1 Philippines Review updated:

Dear KLM Authority,
For the past 15 years, I have had the opportunity to travel abroad to attend medical conventions or to have vacations. I have used the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines quite a number of times. Your airline services are satisfactory to good. I have had no reason to complain before.

Let me relate an incident which happened during our last flight abroad. Last October 9, 2008, my other medical colleagues and I left Tegel Airport, Berlin, Germany to return to the Philippines. The first leg of our journey was Berlin, Germany to Amsterdam. We were on the KLM Flight 1822 which left Tegel at 1020am. My handcarry was a knapsack which was a laptop case. It had my laptop, notebook cooler and other important computer accessories in it. This handcarry was placed in a safe position in the luggage bin. It follows that this can only be removed by the owner or upon permission of the owner. It is not removed to give way to other larger handcarried items of other passengers who are late. What happened was that my knapsack/laptop bag was removed by a KLM stewardess who wanted to place a larger piece of luggage in it's former location. She carelessly placed it in front of another handcarried bag because the luggage bin was quite full. As a result of this thoughtless action, my handcarry containing my laptop and other accessories fell. It would have fallen to the floor if it did not fall against the arm of the chair and later caught by a fellow passenger. It contained a very sensitive machine which could have been irreparably damaged. I told the stewardess to give my handcarry back to me if she could not put it in a safe place.

I tried to get the name of that stewardess but she was never visible after this incident. All I know is that she is a brunette who rarely smiles.

This complaint is being submitted inorder to avoid similar accident. Please reply at the soonest possible time.

Comments

• Rj
      7th of Feb, 2010

why is KLMcustomer service, only open from 12 -4 pm if you can get through, & get some one to answer the phone ?, why does whoever answers say KLM CUSTOMER SERVICE - but never give their name ?
    before, they would only say customer service, not mentioning you were talking to KLM
    if you write the reply is a form letter no name just a scribble, they used to better, and at one time flying dutchman had a uk office run by awonderful woman called sarah pawsey (nee imms) who would acknowledge your letter, call ask you to be patien as she would deal with it .
    she would run rings around the present agents and loose the managers who are supposed to be in charge of this departmant .
    customer (dis) service