KitchenAid / garbage

1 United States

I spent $129.00 to buy a Kitchenaide 7 quart slow cooker, the one with a removable crock bowl. The first time I used it, the crock insert cracked. It cracked while "inside" the heating unit. I contacted Kitchenaide and they sent me a new crock insert. I used the new insert even more carefully, started the cooking process on LOW heat thinking a slow heat up might prevent it from cracking. NOPE! Again, the crock bowl cracked. I contacted Kitchenaide a 2d time and again, they sent me a new crock bowl. Guess what, that one cracked too! The inserts are made in Mexico. Kitchenaide probably paid 50 cents a piece to have Mexico make the crock bowls, and then they turn around and sell them to Americans for $129.00!!! This would, more likely than not, NEVER been an issue if Kitchenaide had manufactured the crock bowls in the U.S. When are companies in the U.S. going to realize that sending U.S. jobs to third-world countries means you have NO control over quality? SHAME ON KITCHENAIDE FOR SENDING U.S. JOBS TO FOREIGNERS AND, FURTHER, FOR BRINGING THAT CRAP BACK INTO THE U.S. TO SELL IT TO UNSUSPECTING AMERICANS.