Kirby Vacuum / Inexplicable company

US Review updated:

Kirby Vacuum is very inexplicable. The first time I had received my vacuum cleaner from them, it worked great. I had no problems with it whatsoever. I couldn't ask for anything more than that. It was the best quality ever absolutely first-rate. They even sent accessories to last me years. After a couple of months, it started giving me some problem. I called the original number of Kirby and I wouldn't get through. Then I had to give it to a local repair shop and they said that the part that was giving problem was not an original part. I was so annoyed and felt I was cheated by Kirby. I don't know if they are still in business because I never get through their number and do not get any replies. I will see that I warn all my friends about them if at all they are still in business.

Sa

Comments

Jun 03, 2010

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience with Kirby. I had a salesman come to my home and he was courteous and very polite. I purchased the Kirby Sentria and after a few days I had forgotten a few things to do and the same salesman came to my home to show me again at no cost. The Kirby Sentria is a great vacuum and I have never had a problem with it. I know that Kirby salesmen often get a bad reputation but they are not all bad. Do not hold a bad salesman against Kirby itself.

• Pj
      Jun 02, 2011

I had a visit as well from a Kirby Sales Lady, she was the most polite person I have ever met, respectable and everything, so i went ahead and purchased the Kirby, the next day, something occurred and i could not keep the vacuum, i sent in the cancellation in due time, and they refused to pick it up, they stated they came to my house at 11:30am, on 3 different occasions, and I stated to them, why wouldn't you let me know, because i WORK everyday except weekends, then they told the finance company that i wanted to keep the Kirby, i called like daily, and left dozens of messages, and they actually did not pick it up until 40 days after i sent them the cancellation form, they threatened to go into my account, garnish me, it was ridiculous, enjoyed the Saleslady, but the Company it self is very unprofessional, I have told all of my 30 references not to purchase one, I mean, come on now, I shop at Boston Store weekly and never have a problem returning anything.