King Movers / Misleading Advertisement

1 United States

I used King Movers in Edmonton for my last move. I used them because their ad on their web site states that they are fully insured and bonded. They guarantee that your items will be handled in a safe and professional mannor. Before the movers began I asked again if they were insured because I have some expensive items that I want protected. We are fully insured and bonded, was the response. When they arrived at the new location they wouldn't unload until I paid them so I did. Turned out that my most valued piece of furniture, a brand new king poster bed, was put in the truck upside down without protection and literally dragged off. The amount of damage was huge and I was furious. When I spoke to the owner of the company I was told that if I wanted insurance on my things then I should have said so because they offer extra insurance. Unbelievable! When questioned about the insurance they boast about I was told that "Yes, we are fully insured, the truck and the contents but that's in case of an accident. They're crooks, not professional movers. They said they may fix the damage they caused if I give them 3 quotes from reputable repair shops at a cost of $80.00 per quote. I want them to take responsibility for the damage and fix my bedroom suite.

More King Movers Complaints & Reviews