Kindercare / Employment

1 Reading, PA, United States

I am a former employee of kindercare and I had an awful experience. After only a week my hours had already been cut without my knowledge and approval after being promised at enployment a full time position of 8 hours a day. The only change in time I was told about was me having to work overtime some days. After my first week I became sick with the flu and when I called in sick I got a rude response from my director about how she now needed to figure things out because I was not reliable even though I was sick. Along with this the way they treated the children appalled me. The teacher would grab the children's arms and rip them towards the floor or themselves when they misbehaved and screamed and yelled to get the children's attention. The teacher I worked with would mimic and make fun of the children in the preschool room and threaten to call parents just to make the children cry. There were multiple teachers there that used their phones and did not care along with bringing coffee into the rooms with children in the knowledge of the director and nothing was done. The children were forced to sleep even if they did not want to and I was told not to give them a quite activity if they did not want to sleep which went against what I learned in training. I was also never given directions on how to finish my training. Since then I received an offer to be a sub within a district and I had to accept due to the opportunity of a future teaching position, due to this I was unable to give notice because i had to start immediately. Since then my new employer has sent the act 168 to my kindercare employer and I received an email saying they will be waiting till the last moment to fill out this document so that I am unable to work due to the lack of notice. I realize it was not the best situation for the center, but I also believe it is not right for a company to wait to fill out government paperwork due to this. Overall, I am disappointed in my experience with this employer. I do not plan to recommend this job to anyone or this term of childcare to anyone either.

Dr