Kellogg's / Live, little bugs inside!

I am thoroughly disgusted as I just opened a brand new package of Kellogg's Raisin Bran Crunch cereal only to find there were live, little bugs not only in the box, but in the cereal bag as well. An unopened bag of cereal should NOT have ANYTHING but the cereal in it. This USED to be my favorite cereal, but not if this continues. It makes you wonder what's going on at the factory. I know for a fact it didn't come from my home because I opened another brand new, unopened box of Life cereal and no bugs were present and both boxes were in the same cabinet.

Va

Comments

• La
      29th of Mar, 2008
    Kellogg's Raisin Bran - Ants in cereal
    Kellogg's

W found tiny red ants crawling inside the plastic bag of a newly opened box. There were no ants in the box, or in the cabinet. The ants were INSIDE THE BAG!!! WE ATE THEM!!! NEVER AGAIN ON THIS PRODUCT! BEWARE!!!

• Si
      22nd of Apr, 2009

sad

• Bu
      13th of Sep, 2009

I had the same problem with Kellog's Raisin Bran Extra they had dead small insects or bugs slightly smaller than a piece of rice... I sent Kelloggs a message through there website and still waiting for reply.

• We
      24th of Sep, 2009

Yeah, I am eating a bowl of Kellog's Raisin Bran Crunch and I just noticed that it is full of little tiny dead bugs...Something must be done about this. It's not the first time that I've experienced this. I thought that the bugs were entering the bag after we had opened it; We bought a new box and decided to put the cereal in a sealed container. that wasn't it... Still there were bugs, however I wasn't noticing the bugs until pouring milk in the bowl of cereal...

• Ju
      30th of Sep, 2009

Just ate a bowl of Kellog's Raisin Bran Crunch and found a dead tiny bug on my spoon. It was a brand new bag purchased twenty minutes before eating. I will no longer eat Raisin Bran.

• As
      13th of Oct, 2009

I had the same issue! It was disgusting!

• Ge
      11th of Dec, 2009

just bought a big box RBCrunch to find out there's no raisins not one drop!

• Tr
      9th of Jul, 2011

Fisrt thing I do this morning is go straight to the kitchen, pour my delicious bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch and begin settling down to watch some good ol' American television when all of a sudden, I notice dead little critters floating around in my cereal! Of course this upsets me so I throw it down the drain and go to inspect the OTHER box of Raisin Bran Crunch. I pour the cereal into a bowl and what do I find? MORE BUGS (only this time they were alive)! What the hell is wrong with you Kellogg!? Don't you know in America there are HEALTH CODES!? Now I know the bugs are really nothing more than a little extra protein, but this is still the last thing I want to wake up to.
    I don't care how many scoops of raisins you throw into your cereal. As long as there are LIVE bugs in the cereal your selling, I'm not buying! I would advise anyone who reads these comments to do the same, that is, unless you enjoy scooping live animals into your mouth.

30th of Jul, 2011

I am tired of thinking that I am eating raisins in my bran when instead it turns out to be insects. It happened several times and I believed that I had an infestation in my pantry. I called the exterminator and began to put my cereal in plastic containers. Lo and behold I just finished having a partial bowl of raisin bran and once more discovered insects. That is it. No more Kellogg Raisin Bran in this household. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

13th of Aug, 2012

I just found several dead ants in a freshly opened box of Frosted Mini wheats. That was my last Kelloggs cereal.

13th of Aug, 2012

Just found several dead ants in a just opened container of frosted mini wheats. THis will be my last kelloggs purchase.

15th of Sep, 2012

I got up this morning and sat down with my bowl of Raisin Bran to watch TV. After eating almost all that I poured, I sat the bowl down. I soon got up to go clean out my bowl and looked down at little off white bugs with tiny brown stripes in them! I could no believe I ate that tanted, buggy stuff. I have cancer and just finished radiation and was just sick to my stomach. I still feel terrible. Never again will I eat that stufff.

Carol Fox
    Sandstone, MN

• Yu
      29th of Oct, 2012

mine also, found a few dead bugs also! lost my business! never has enough raisins anyhow, no loss!

• Yu
      29th of Oct, 2012

mine also, a few dead bugs also! lost my business! never has enough raisins anyhow, no loss!

• Aj
      19th of May, 2013

I am thoroughly disgusted as I opened a brand new package of Kellogg's Special Crunch cereal only to find there were live, little bugs in the cereal bag as well. . Kellogg's USED to be my favorite cereal, but not if this continues. It makes you wonder what's going on at the factory.

• Ju
      6th of Jun, 2013

Is it any wonder there are bugs/insects in cereal when they are being delivered by TNT to distributors across the country and stored outside. The property across the road from us are storing them next to the filthy black wheelie bin.

3rd of Nov, 2013

I just opened a brand new box of raisin bran and bugs literally flew out of it. I took a glance inside the box and there are many more where that one came from dead and alive. The SEALED bag is actually full of even more disgusting dead bugs surrounded by some white webbing maybe from their decomposition or whatever that could be. I have never been more concerned about the food I eat in my life. This is a serious health safety issue.

• Jc
      6th of Jun, 2014

I have found little brown bugs in Raisin Bran cereal each time I buy a box and so I have stopped eating that brand. The earliest was in November 2012 and the latest discovery was last week (May 2014.). Evidently Kellog's has done nothing about the problem. At one point I checked the bag and found no insects and sealed it and a week later opened it only two find an infestation in it. I used to think they could come from the shelves in the kitchen but now I am sure they are in the cereal itself. J C Orange

22nd of Jul, 2014

Same experience. Black bugs living inside the bag itself. Like nasty unevolved flat looking ants. Great job Kellogg.

• Za
      28th of Sep, 2014

Post raisin bran September 2014
    Opened up a box, poured it in bowl, added milk, started to notice black mini rice shaped bugs surfacing on spoon & milk! Disgusting!