Kay Jewelers / lieing sold us sterling sliver thinking we purchased white gold

1 Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:

My fiance purchased my engagment ring for me at Kay Jewelers in Regency mall. He paid over a grand for a white gold wedding set and put it on Kay's credit. This past Feb. we purchased my fiance's ring at the Avenues Kay's. We went in there looking for just a regular 14carat 6mm gold band. The girl working there showed us some 2 toned rings with "white gold" and yellow gold with diamonds. She said she could do a better deal on the two toned ring saying it was a 550$ ring that she could for $360. We said OK and put it on our credit.
Not even a year of us being engaged I noticed my ring started turning yellow on the back. I had the lifetime warranty on my ring so I decided to take it to Kay's to have it looked at and see why is was doing this. My fiance's ring had been in the box since we purchased it (which was hardly 3 months) and I decided to look at it to see if it looked like that. Not only was the gold turning a "fake yellow" look but the "white gold" was TARNISHING! I was sooo pissed! Went to the Kay's at the Regency where my ring was purchased and complained. They said they could redip my ring and that all white gold no matter if its from Kay's or anywhere else is dipped in uranium which they NEVER mentioned with the purchase and would have to be dipped at least once a year. WTF?? THENNN my fiance's ring is the worst. They pulled up the receipt which read "SSl26 Men's wedding band" The lady told me that it was STERLING SLIVER with 10k gold accent! I said excuse me?? Sterling sliver?!? I was told I purchased White gold. And she said sorry it must have been a mistake. And I said ohhh no there was no mistake I never mentioned anything about wanting any other metal than all gold. I asked to speak to the manager who was not in at the time and they went on to tell me I could get a refund or replace the ring with another equal or lesser value. I told them no and I would go to the store where I purchased it. I called the manager at the Avenues store and she told me she is "sorry" about the mistake but there is nothing she can do about it. She said it "clearly" says on your receipt sterling sliver. I said NO IT DOES NOT. It says a code of ss something. HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?!?! It could mean stainless steel or even stupid ###!! Then she told me another couple had the same experience with there sterling sliver turning and all she needs to do is clean it. BS! She then fed me some more fukin ### and said that the turning of the ring is due to the chemical reaction from sitting in the box with the glue. I said why the hell would you put your jewelry in boxes that ruin it?!?! I told her that she has made getting an engagement ring a horrible experience and that I was lied to and there is nothing she can do to fix this fraud of a deal I got talked into? She said I could purchased the original ring I wanted which was 6mm 14carat but have to pay an additional 50$. I said you can't eat that 50 for all this hell. She said she couldn't do that and basically said ### you. ### KAY JEWELERS THEY ARE ### FAKE SALES AND JEWELRY!!!

Comments

• Jd
      18th of Nov, 2015

I paid 3800 for my wife's engagement ring told them she was allergic to yellow gold and was insured that the white gold will not break her finger out and it has we went to trade the rings in and they told me I had to buy double the value of the original purchase price this place is b*******