KARACHI ELECTRIC SUPPLY CORP LTD / complain for facing un-correct bills by KESC as punishment

1 Pakistan Review updated:

AS/0109/MISC/09
April 21, 2009

WAFAQI MOHTASIB SECRETARIAT
Karachi-Islamabad

Meter No. B 80074 Consumer No AL888067 A/c No.[protected]
Sub complain for facing un-correct bills by KESC as punishment

Dear Sir

AS A PROTEST I DONOT SETTLE THE BILL TILL SEEK JUSTICE BUT GOD KNOWS HOW LONG I HAVE TO FIGHT FOR GENUINE RIGHTS.

Please refer to my online complain registered and seek quick solve of my problem from root levels

1. online complain to Governor of Sind PRB-5569-09 Dtd 21.04.09
2. online complain Wafaqi Mohtasib, Karachi, ONL/0000115/09 dated 21.04.2009

First I reach the office of WAFAQI MOHTASIB KARACHI to seek immediate justice and support of MR. MUHAMMAD MEMBOOB ALAM, ADVISER but their staffs shows lack of interest and even I shared my problems with them. Wait more than ½ hours later left office and decided to place order and fight for my rights and never accept the wrong billings.

I am more surprised, regret and shocked to face second time un-correct billing by KESC for the month of Apr-09 and more interesting to share after attending the hearing in WAFAQI MOHTASIB KARACHI under the justice of MR. MUHAMMAD MEMBOOB ALAM, ADVISER.

In the CLOSURE FINDINGS it is clearly mentioned and forward to KESC regarding meter showing in-correct reading and need agency attention yet no one yet came us for replacement.
Our complain lodge previous were as follows
H/6140/08-MMA-957
ONL/00035/09-MMA/1230

Further instructed KESC REPRESENTATIVE ( MR. FAROOQ QURESHI of Legal Dept) to send normal billing but why they people include arrears which adjusted in our previous bills. Secondly there KESC representative also claimed that they send adjusted bill to give me rebate.

Month Unit Bill Amounts
Nov-08 254 1, 043
Oct-08 419 3, 300
Aug-08 256 1, 204
Jul-08 311 1, 200

We observed that those billing LESS THAN Rs.1, 000 to be consider but still we face high billing as compare to OLD METER, Since the day first I regularly complaining but my first complain take more than 20 months to reach a decision level but still my problems stand at the beginning.

Sindh Governor House - Press ReleaseKESC CEO calls on Sindh Governor KARACHI, October 16: Members of the new ... abreast with the problems being faced by the power consumers in residential and ... Ebad also took note of complaints regarding overcharging in power bills ( why not my complain handle in proper ways)

When my problems will be over and now decided to claim for rebate on accounts of my July 08 to Apr – 09 billing I claimed that KESC over charged by Rs.5, 000 and asked to give me C R E D I T on next billing and adjust my April – 09 bills plus removed the arrears and asking me to pay as punishment for using KESC consumer’s in honest way.

Do not pro-longed my issue and want to solved from the root level and asked KESC if they missed any hearing than charged fined of Rs.1, 000 fine so they people donot skip any hearing for any reasons.

My struggle again begins and seeks justice why not take history from the old meter and compare with new meter than you will realized the difference which we are facing but never KESC feel pain for honest and sincere consumers.

If not willing to solve our genuine problem than humble request to source us good quality of poisons so our entire family dies at once instead of killing us every month close our chapter at once.

Why KESC forget the un-announced load shedding on daily basis in Karachi city which occurs at least 3 to 5 times and duration of load shedding 5 to 8 hours. I don’t sale electricity to any consumers for which KESC taking revenge or punishment. Why treat me a second citizen of Pakistan.

Thanking You

4. Governor of Sind
5. FPCCI - consumer's utility bills problems
6. Minister of Water and Power Islamabad
7. All concern those can support my issue

Comments

• Qa
      2nd of Feb, 2011

I fully endorse the plight of Ashfaq Sharif, since I am a similar victim, and have lodged numerous complaints for overcharging KESC billing to Nepra, Sindh Electric Inspector, PRO KESC etc but all in vain, inspite of written undertaken by KESC legal and RPD Officials of "NO DUES' and correction of arrears still I am having the same problem and have to run from post to pillar to get the bill corrected each and every month since July 2010 till Jan 2011.
    It seems as if KESC and its Management is imune from all Laws of the Land any Eithics and code of conduct
    it is alleged that a very influential person of Pakistan has acquired 'INTEREST' in KESC with instructions to Squeeze innocent people of Karachi no matter what and openly defai each and every Court of Law, Authority, Diginatary or whatever to acheive the selfish end of minting Money, I strongly URGE the people of Karachi to raise their voice collectively against the Nazism of KESC and thwart its aim to becomE a HITLER

• Kw
      24th of Feb, 2011

PEOPLE FORGET THAT KESC HAS POLITICAL SUPPORT FROM THE HIGHEST ORDER. THATS WHY THEY ARE FLOUTING HIGH COURT ORDERS, ELECTRIC INSPECTOR ORDERS AND EVEN IGNORE SINDH GOVT. MINISTERS ORDERS. KESC IS BUSY MINTING MONEY AND FLEECING THE POOR CONSUMERS. NOBODY IS CONDONING POWER THEFTS OR KUNDA CONNECTIONS BUT KESC SHOULD ABIDE BY NEPRA LAWA. WHICH THEY ARE NOT. BY LAW IF ANY DEFECT IS FOUND IN ELECTRIOC METERS THEN KESC SHOULD INSTALL A CHECK METER TO ASSESS THE ACTUAL LOAD AND THEN THEY CAN CHARGE A MAXIMUM OF SIX MONTHS DIFFERENCE . THIS IS ACOORDING TO NEPRA LEGISLATION CODES 9.1(c) .

I BLAME THE MAJORITY PARTY IN KARACHI WHO WAS IN POWER WHEN KESC WAS PRIVATIZED. THEY SHOULD OPEN A CELL AT 90 TO HEAR OUR COMPLAINTS AND THEN LODGE CASES AGAINST KESC IN COURTS. WE ALONE CAN NOT FIGHT SUCH GIANTS LIKE KESC.