Kaplan University / drug use

United States, California, Sacramento Review updated:
Kaplan University
my fiance goes to Kaplan University in north sacramento for nursing and all i see there is drug addicts and thugs. I don't see hoe how they let these girls there get away with coming into class high, getting high at lunch on the property, or the bathroom. I mean you would think that they would want someone who will have other peoples lives in their hands to be sober right? and they all seem to be passing, although it also seems like all they require to pass is show up. I think attendance is most of their grade. My fiance can't read or write or do math but she holds a 4.0 because she shows up everyday. are they just in it for the money or what? I mean they just fired a TEACHER there for coming to work spun out on meth. i guess if your a drug addict looking for a quick degree in something, kaplan university on Watt Ave. and I-80 in sacramento is the place for you. it scares me to think if i go to the hospital I my nurse might be on something or trying to steal something from me while I'm under.

N  19th of Aug, 2009 by
I checked the California Board of Nursing RN exam results and the last year recorded, 75% of students at Kaplan Nursing passed the boards. This is a OK result I think since many other community colleges and universities scored the near the same or worse (although many scored much higher). I agree the college is most likely not as rigorous in education as "real" colleges as it is for profit. However as a RN myself who has taken the board exams I can assure you anyone who passes them has the appropriate knowledge to practice nursing. Any nurse can have bad character which is usually not tolerated in the work environment, even with the nursing shortage.

Chico, California
N  9th of Sep, 2009 by
I hope you also took the time to post about the High School or GED program that graduated your fiancee or granted her a certificate of completion before teaching her to read and write. They gave her the tools to gain admission into college and bring down the level of education that the thugs and drug addicts are working so diligently to receive.

Who took her admissions assessment test for her? They are the real criminal.

With any luck, maybe your fiancee won't be doubling as your nurse in the near future.
N  18th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You're at Kaplan University, what is the complaint? Drugs are to be expected. ###, drugs are everywhere. You can't get away from it. And if he can read, write, or even count, the government should pay him for being mildly ###ed. A 4.0, that's ridiculous.
N  8th of Sep, 2010 by
i go there and we are drug tested each quarter (in texas) they are very strict here
D  23rd of Mar, 2011 by
If your fiance can't read or write then she shouldn't even be in college...Hell, he/she should go back to the first grade. Drugs are expected everywhere so that is no surprise and I agree with the comment before...did you post about the institution that dispersed the GED or HS diploma cuz them dumba**es should be fired. R U kidding me...this is ridiculous. I think you are [censor]ed.

Kaplan University Logo Kaplan University