Just Energy / not disclosing all information on contract or bill

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

For starters they do not disclosing all the information on bill. My wife signed a 5 year agreement which cannot be terminated, but during my conversation on the phone with an agent, she told me that i would have to move out of province to terminate my contract. When i mentioned to that agent that i am newly divorced and may need to sell my house and move, well she said that my contract would be reinstated at my new address. I just don't understand why i have to continue a contract that i was not explained all the proper information from the get go. Now all of a sudden there is new rules . There explanation of the extra charge is that they have purchased last year an approximated amount of hydro for me and that if i go over my yearly usage ewhich was never disclosed, then i have to pay a penalty for the amount that i use as extra, and if i use less then they credit me. Ho ya like that will happen. They will always make sure that there approximation is less that what you actually use. I have never seen a credited charge on my bill. If they miss calculate this yearly amount then to bad for you man. At the time during my phone conversation with the agent my question to her was " I am lock in a set price for five year and what happen if the rate goes down " She agreed that the 7.99 kW/h rate does not have any limitation to how much i use and that i can basically renew after one year at a lower rate if the price came down and this creates a new 5 year contract at that time. What a scheme. What a rip off. That was not the deal. On top of that there is monthly administration fees. Which was never mentioned. I bet you that when the five years is up if you don't call to cancel they might just renew without any problem with out you concernt.

Boy I would definitely like to be part of a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT as i am sure i am not the only one in this mess.

Comments

• Bi
      31st of Aug, 2011

Just Energy uses old time con artist tactics. They will always arrive at your door, at night, and will try and pressure you to renew your contract. The salesman- con artist is trained to not take no for an answer. I asked for a written explanation on what he was selling, no such literature is available, they said they had already sent it. Surprisingly he didn't have a copy that was sent me or anyone else, a little odd I think. He than goes in a circle conversation, basically trying to confuse me totally. What he didn't tell me is that Just Energy does not post their pricing on the government website like the rest of their competitors. The reason they don't post their rates is that they are higher. The lesson I learned is do not sign anything from a clown at your door trying to pressure you to sign something that is going to cost you hundreds to thousands of dollars more over your five year term.

3rd of Sep, 2011

We signed a just energy contract 5 years ago. We were conned. The rate we were paying at the end of the contract was almost 50¢/kwh. We were assured we were going to save money but as it turns out we lost over $4, 000. I don't have the energy (no pun intended) to go over all the bills to see how they increased it so much over the years. They should be shut down, there are enough BBB complaints against them it's a shame that the powers that be keep turning a blind eye.