Just Brakes / ripped off

My Tacoma needed new brake pads admittedly it had been about 45, 000 miles and I knew it needed done. Wanting to go to a place where they knew what they were doing I called the Toyota dealership the quoted $225.00 for new pads. Seemed high as dealerships are. So I got talking to a neighbor who just took her newer model honda in for a brake job, $149.99 she paid at just brakes with no problems. sounded good I took my truck in this morning. After getting the 149.99 quote I left and went home then the call came telling me the pressure cylindar was shot in the right side uneven wear on the left side and the the price would be a total of 514.54. I asked them to get the truck ready and I would come and get it. They told me that I would have to pay a 90.00 fee for trouble shooting the brake system to get my truck back. So I am out over half the cost of getting my brakes done, and no brake job. After getting over being mad I called and told them to just replace the brake pads for the 149.99. They refused to work on the truck unless I agreed to replace all the parts they said needed replace. Talk about a rock and a hard place. This is a scam business, do not patronize theis type of establishment they take advantage of consumers. Never again.

Jb

Comments

•   Nov 07, 2008

Went to the Just Brakes today to ask about a simple worn pad change. They said it would fall under their $99.88 deal, but as they took the car in the manager stated that the pads would have to be specially ordered from the dealer and that my total went from $99.88 to over $240.00. Of course, I said no way, and had called the local Autozone to see if they carried them.

BTW, Autozone does have my Infiniti brake pads for $22.99.

Don't ever go to Just Brakes unless you enjoy being ripped off.

• Da
      Oct 13, 2011

Mkstitch obviously works for Just Brakes and is probably paid to counter these complaints. Good job Snitch!

Mar 02, 2012

Yes, these guys are CORRUPT and they train the outlets how to defraud customers. They do not look for return business and they hire dishonest crooks without any Auto Industry work experience and train them to deceive by paying commissions and encouraging them to cheat customers brutally and excessively - they do this in every state they operate in!!! ALWAYS REPORT THEM TO THE STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND FEDERAL AND STATE AUTHORITIES. Good Idea to post their activities on the internet.
    They are more like Gangsters than auto repair guys - they give the industry a bad name. They are SCAM Artists and often charge for work they don't even do. NBC Nightline has videos where they charge for brake fluids and use inferior parts; also, expand the job lying to the customer and doing work that doesn't need to be done just to pad the bill and make more money. OFTEN, THEY CHARGE FOR SERVICES AND PARTS THEY NEVER EVEN DO - 100% PROFIT FOR THEM AND BIGGER COMMISSIONS FOR THE CROOKS THEY EMPLOY AS "SALESMEN".

• Ju
      Aug 29, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the delay in responding to your concern. Just Brakes
    was not made aware of this website until just now. We are also under new management. At Just Brakes we strive for 100% customer satisfaction and appreciate feedback that will help us achieve that goal. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied and would like to hear more from you. Please contact our corporate office at [protected] to be connected with the local Market Director. We look forward to serving you.