JJsHouse / bait and switch. no returns.

I wish I had known about this website before I purchased a dress at jjshouse.com. I searched the web for negative reviews for this company and couldn't find any so I thought they must be a good company to work with. I was wrong. First of all, the dress I ordered looks absolutely nothing like the picture. The "jewels" on the front are actually very cheap-looking sequins. I put in my measurements and got a "custom" dress that absolutely does not fit. The straps are far too long, the bodice is too long and loose and it bunches in the back.
As soon as I received the dress I knew I'd made a mistake. First of all, I found out the dresses come from China. First red flag. UPS charged me a $42 "brokerage fee" just to get the dress. This was on top of the shipping fee I already paid. Then I opened the package and saw the very poor quality of the material and craftsmanship. And then I tried it on. There aren't words for how disappointed and angry I was. As per jjshouse's refund policy, I notified them the day I received the dress that I would be needing to return it for a full refund. I was told that because the dresses are made to order, they can't be returned. I told to have the dress altered by a local seamstress and I was offered a 15% refund which I accepted. It was not even slightly enough to cover the cost of alterations. My seamstress said that the dress was so poorly made it would need to be completely take apart and put back together and it would cost at least $200 in alterations to make the dress wearable. My refund was a measly $24.
Do not to business with this company. It is a bait and switch scheme.

Zm