Jared Galleria Of Jewelers / Custom ring setting

1 Towson Town CenterJacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:

I got a beautiful promise ring from my then-boyfriend, and I absolutely love it. So when the time came to custom design an engagement ring, Jared's was the first name that popped into our heads, for sentimental reasons and practical. It turns out that the 'craftsmanship' that we loved about Jared's is only for ready-made pieces. We ordered a white gold band and bought four little diamonds, .1. We had the store replace the head of the ring to fit my 1 carat sapphire and put the diamonds in. When I went to pick it up, all the diamonds were crooked. Even after looking at them under the microscope, the sales woman had the nerve to tell me they were fine. I finally called for another sales person who took one look with her naked eye and said, "wow, those are crooked!" So they agreed to fix their defective craftsmanship, and I was to pick it up the next day. I went in to pick it up, and not only was one of the diamonds still extremely crooked, but there was a visible gouge in the gold AND there is no "14K" stamp on the band. I didn't notice if it was there before, but I am assuming not. They had the nerve to tell me that it was a custom job, and no custom ring will ever be perfect. We are still in the process of trying to sort it out, almost two weeks since ordering it. They take no returns on custom work so we may have to take the loss, even though their work is what is at issue. I will never buy another piece of jewelry from there as long as I live! Buyer Beware! I had another jeweler look at it and it is going to cost several hundred dollars to fix it, and they noticed scratches on the prongs as well.

Na

Comments

2nd of Apr, 2009

Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i was reading your complaint here, and let me first say that CUSTOM JEWELRY is a NON-REFUNDABLE line of jewelry due to the fact that CUSTOM JEWELRY is your own design or vision of what you'd like to wear that no one else has. What i don't like is how Jared's treated you when it came down to giving you the ring you thought you'd be paying for, and i will tell you Jared's could've handled your matter MUCH BETTER than they did.

In the future get it in writing that regardless of whether you're getting jewelry CUSTOM DESIGNED or not that any defects of the jewelry you're paying to have made will be repaired IN A TIMELY MANNER at the jeweler's expense not yours, and if any jeweler can't give you that warranty leave their jewelry store. A WARRANTY is an IRON - CLAD way to assure you're not going to be scammed, and you can use this WARRANTY in court if you should have to take a jeweler to court.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, and you can also visit my jewelry blogs at http://jamesisajeweler.blogspot.com

3rd of Apr, 2009

ATTENTION: HERE'S SOME ADDITIONAL HELP FOR YOU AND I'VE PASTED THE LINK BELOW FOR YOU TO VISIT, THIS ORGANIZATION IS CALLED "THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEE" AND THEY WILL WORK WITH YOU ON THE PROBLEM YOU'VE HAD WITH THIS SHADY JEWELRY STORE.

VISIT http://www.jvclegal.org/Consumers/index.php

• Bu
      9th of Apr, 2009

Stay away. Company sells itself as one thing but definately is not what it portrays. Jared is owned by Sterling Inc. they own Jb Robinson and Kaye also. Their MO is to trap potential buyers in the malls. Those who have more money buy at Jared. Jared prides themselves on offering jewelry to a higher brow customer than their ugly cousins. If you think they treat the customers bad, do a little inquiring on their staffs, you'll find they move thier management teams and associates around like a baseball order. Demotes and Promotes strickly based on how much credit they can suck out of you, and sales #'s. Look at your local stores you'll find 4-5 management changes in just the last 5 years. I as a former DM even sat in on a meeting where I was told put the time into your stores, it doesnt matter that little Timmy has a game or Mary has a recital, GET THE SALES. We were also told the recession and homeloss has nothing to do with jewelry sales. Meaning those poor souls never had the money to spend anyways. Jared is happy when they get a $20000 credit approval than a $10000 sale. I guess all I am saying is they dont treat their (family) employees very well, why should a customer expect more? My concience is now clear so make your own decision!!!

9th of Apr, 2009

@ "BUZTER" LOL, LOL! you have me crying laughing at your comment! i truly hope Jared's is not doing business in this manner? if so POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS OF JARED'S BE WARNED!

• Em
      16th of Jun, 2009

I am in the same boat as the person writing the original complaint here. My husband has spent $1000's at Jared/Mark's & Morgan/Kay (all the same) and every time I send my stuff in for repair it comes back worse. I'm in the middle of that right now AGAIN. I'm looking online for how to contact management. If you have any pointers I'd love to hear them at emharper@fastmail.fm.

• Ni
      9th of Oct, 2009

I have had the worst experience with Jareds. My husband bought a promise ring for me 4 years ago. He bought the warranty just to be safe. Within a year 2 diamonds fell out. The first time we had to pay for it because they did not record my first 6 month inspection. The second time they replaced it for free because it was covered under their warranty. About 2 months later another diamond fell out. At this point we wanted a new ring or our money back. After many complaints to 3 managers they finally let us exchange the ring for a different setting. Several months down the road, a diamond fell out of this ring. I was furious, 4 diamonds in two rings, what is wrong with their quality? Again, they replaced the diamond free of charge. I have gone back every 6 months for a check up and the past 2 times they have noticed a loose diamond. 2 weeks ago I went in for my 6 month check up and low and behold, another diamond fell out. This time, I did not have my warranty paperwork on me. They pulled up my maiden name and married name and was unable to locate our records. They are not going to replace my diamond because I do not have my paperwork (which was misplaced). Their customer service is terrible. When they say they are going to follow up with you, I never receive a call, I have to call them and stay on top of the situation. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT JAREDS. THIS IS A TERRIBLE ESTABLISHMENT!!!

• Hm
      31st of Oct, 2009

VERY SIMILAR STORY!
    Please don't buy from Jared's. It all started back in January 2009. I bought a new setting for my engagement ring and I also bought our wedding bands. We were married in February. By April the engagement ring began to turn yellow and by May a diamond had fallen out of the wedding band. I went to the store to complain...thankfully I had purchased the insurance. So they told me that white gold can turn yellow and that they could rhodium dip it (Not sure how it could turn yellow in just three months.) So they dipped the ring and repaired the wedding band. I got both back in about two weeks. Within a week two more diamonds fell out of the wedding band. I decided to e-mail customer service. The customer service person responded that when a ring is sized under a 5, it compromises the setting. She stated that she spoke to them at Jared's in Lake Grove, NY and that they put an order in for a new ring. This ring would be custom ordered in a 4 ½. That was June 23rd. I went to the store to confirm the order. I called them August 23 and stated that I was upset that it was taking so long. The woman looked up my file and then asked if she could call me back. When she did she stated that it could take up to 16 weeks for an overseas order. I have never heard of anything close to 16 weeks for a delivery. Needless to say I was upset. I emailed customer service to ask if this statement was correct and surely it was...special overseas orders could take 16 weeks. Amazingly!
    So the ring comes in, in the beginning of September and I go and pick it up. When I looked over the paperwork I noticed the order date…August 23rd. Wow….the day I called. When I asked the saleswoman if this was correct she said yes. I couldn’t even argue anymore with the salespeople at Jared’s so I took my ring and left. Today is October 30th and as I'm driving to work I notice a diamond has fallen out of the band once again.
    I can't explain my feelings of dissatisfaction and regret. I plan to visit the store tomorrow and ask for a full refund.
    Oh, before I forget, the engagement ring has turned yellow again.
    PLEASE DON'T SHOP AT JARED'S. VERY POOR CRAFTSMANSHIP!

• I0
      20th of Oct, 2010

"You get what you pay for", now that is true, but how about asking all the right questions, before you purchase. All retail is the same, from jewelry to furniture. You have to do your homework and expect that services rendered after the fact, is only as good as you give instruction for what you expect the outcome to be. If you want apples, you imply that is what you want, not oranges. You all sound like you care more about someone hearing your views, and less about what injustice, you think you've received. Buy where you will, but this country and all that it's about, comes with no guarantee. Stop crying about things you can't change and get-a-life.

:Intent on living, instead of complaining

• Da
      6th of Jan, 2011

UGGG! Im having problems with Jared too! (the one in Waldorf, MD)My boyfriend bought my ring and diamond band from there. When I took them in to be sized and put together they chipped one of my diamonds! I am so mad. They are ordering a new one but what would they had done if it wasnt something that they could just order. Then I notice a scratch on the inside of the band!

• Dr
      26th of Apr, 2011

My boyfriend bought me a very expensive LeVian diamond necklace from Jareds to wear for my daughters wedding. I wore it that day, then once or twice again in the next two years. It is a very unusual piece and not something that you would wear everyday. I took it to Las Vegas with me last summer and when I took it out of the bubble wrap bag I had it placed in, it was in pieces! Needless to say, I was totally in shock that it had broken since I had only wore it a total of maybe 3 times! We took it back to Jareds and they only offered to fix it where it had broken apart. We had them do so and we only had it for a few months, never took it out of the bag that Jareds had put it in since we left the store. When I did try and where it to a friends wedding a month ago I went to put it on and it was broke again! I never got to wear it once since the repair that Jareds did! Now Jareds is telling us, once again, that they will repair it. We want a replacement piece being that this piece of jewelry has been so unreliable. They refused, told us they would get in touch with LeVian and get back in touch with us and then never did. When my boyfriend contacted them asking if LeVian was going to allow us to exchange it the manager said "you can forget getting your money back or another piece to replace this one. The necklace had a 30 day guarantee, that's it!" We are talking about a $13, 000.00 piece of crap now because who wants to wear a necklace that is constantly breaking and take the chance of losing it? They are so nice to you when you are in their store to buy something and the minute you come back in with a problem, which is their fault not mine, they treat you like a second class citizen. I will never, ever buy another piece of jewelry from them!!! My boyfriend has bought many items from this store in Houston, Texas on FM 1960. They should roll out the red carpet for him when he enters the store! He alone has kept this store from going under in a terrible economy! Idiots!!!

22nd of Nov, 2011

Jared's credit is a rip off!! My young son was approved about 2 years ago for a credit card from Jareds. He never used it until about 6 months ago. Between the time he received it and the time he used it he had lost his job and suffered some set backs on other accounts he had with another retail store and a bank visa card. He ended up losing both of those accounts. Luckily he found another job and was back on his feet. He went to use his Jareds card for the first time in May 2011 with no problem. He made a few other small purchases over the next 6 months, and always, always paid his bill on time. His balance was never over $500.00 as he was being careful about not getting in over his head. He was working very hard to rebuild his credit and protected this account by never charging a lot and always paying it on time. Well to his horror, he went to purchase a $40.00 Pandora charm for his sister for Christmas yesterday and his card was declined. Not only was it declined but they had closed his account! They told him that they periodically review credit reports and because he had delinquency from those other account (all of which are from over a year ago and none of which were affliated with Jared's) they closed his account even though his account was and always has been in good standing with them. I called to discuss this with them (I'm authorized to discuss his account with them) and was told the same thing. I guess Jared's could care less about their customers. When next month's bill comes (there is $373.00 on the balance) we will send it back to them with a note that they can wipe their ### with it. Had they kept his account open they would have been getting a check like they always did.

• Pa
      13th of Mar, 2012

Seems like the stores are staffed with incompetent help. Recently went in for a watch band replacement on a Tag Heuer which I purchased at Jaded. This simple task was bungled in every way possible. No one followed up as promised. Deadlines were missed and phone calls unreturned. Long story made short; I had to wait over a month for the band (sent to Towson, MD from New Jersey) and continuously hound the store for answers. There is no sense of accountability. However, each trip I made to the store to have the band replaced seemed to be an ideal opportunity for some sales clown to try to sell me something else.

• Dr
      25th of Mar, 2012

I've been to Jared's in Cincinnati a couple of times, and the sales staff has been friendly. However, when I wanted something that I purchased there repaired, the manager (owner?) became abrupt and abrasive. I love diamonds. I won't buy from them again. - Dr. C

• Nj
      29th of Aug, 2012

I've got the best "horrific" story about Jared Jewelers. I had a mens custom wedding ring ordered. Pictures, stone sizing, stone clarity, stone color, gold type and turnaround time were all negotiated at the store with more than one person one being the manager. I was asked to pay an additional $300.00 to insure that I get my ring before my wedding date. I did in fact get the ring but the stones were not what was ordered and it wasn't even polished nicely. Jared Jewelers attemped to scam me with some garbage diamonds which weren't the correct color nor clarity. When I came back from the wedding I gave Jared the ring so that they could correct the situation. Two weeks went by and I was told come pick up the completed ring. I drove another hour to get my ring "again" to find out that they had the incorrect stones and had to re-order. Two more weeks went by, I was told to pick up the ring again. When I arrived I was given the ring, observed the stones under the microscope and realized the same old, incorrect stones were still in place? The new stones that came in were too small this time but yet I was told everything was corrected? Two more weeks have gone by and I still don't have a ring and nobody knows anything at all. I've called customer service and the merchandise department and all they do is contact the same idiots who know nothing about custom jewelry nor do they know how to manage. What a scam!

16th of Jan, 2013

WOW!!! after reading ALL these posts, I realize I am NOT alone and probably NOT going to be Satisfied. THIS is very upsetting...I guess, we got sucked in by their commercials. :( I've been waiting over THREE months for my ring that is less than TWO years old, to be repaired! I've had AND reported SEVERAL times about the white gold turning yellow and I got the SAME replies reported in previous complaints. I had TWO chipped diamonds and a lifted prong..(I work in an OFFICE!!!) I can't recollect hitting my hand on anything hard enough to chip two diamonds AND lift a prong...but I thought I must have. I've made several call to corporate as I was initially told 6 weeks...I've been told THREE times that it was being shipped to the store where I bought it...well, I'm STILL without my ring!! Has anyone reported this to their Attorney Generals office. I'm told I should do that. FYI Jared's is NOT affiliated with the Better Business Bureau...hmmmmm, I wonder why?? AD from New Hampshire

• Nj
      16th of Jan, 2013

What I think we should all do is make some money of these; I'm have law firms that I work with all over the United States and if we get enough of us we could generate a Class Action law suit against them. I'd recommend calling either Kristen @ x.3640 800-877-8169 or heather 800-877-3616 x.5816

• Kk
      1st of Jun, 2013

Min's the worst...My fiance bought my ring in March and proposed to me in March. I noticed over the next couple of weeks that my "diamond" had cz written on it. I didn't know what this meant so I asked somebody and they told me cubic zirconia. I almost hit the floor in shock. So my fiance calls Jared and they have no idea where my diamond is that he purchased. They wanted to give me 300-500 compensation in Pandora. I said hell no I have pandora I want my ring! Then we went to another jared store I told the manager the whole story she told me #1 your ring now is a 61/2 in size and you ordered a 5 and when jared orders rings and diamonds together they come back together. So the lady let my fiance walk out of the store with the show case (model) band instead of the one he ordered. I have been walking around for 3 months with a fake ring and my fiance is comepletely ripped off. Trying to fix it now but of course they are a bunch off ###s. So I WILL be writing to their attorney and taking this further.

• Sc
      14th of Apr, 2014
    Jared Gallery Of Jewelry - Credit fraud
    pittsburgh
    Pennsylvania

i am employed at a jared store in Pittsburgh were i have noticed several sales assos and managers commit fraud when filling entering credit apps in store computer they would increase the monthly income to get more line of credit which only hurts customer. Also i have witnessed sales asso and managers looking thru computer to see other customers line of credit so they can use there line of credit to help the customer in store buy his ring and then hope they bring money in so they can change the charge so the unknow cutomer wont se it on a bill. Also i have witnessed from managemt to sale asso. looking thru computer using other people reward points that they earned on purchases and using themfor there customer.Then when u come in store to use your points you are told there non available or they hurry up and try to takes points from someone else. I have reported to hr several times they do not care since i was never contacted bewarenow im just being harrased and discriminated against was told today i should just leave

• 2n
      9th of Jul, 2014

Jared's is supposedly creating a custom ring for me and have been doing so for over 4 months and they can't seem to understand a very simple design or finish one of the two wedding bands. I was ready to pay cash ($4k) but they talked me into an interest free for 12 months loan so I went with it. Turned out, it did have associated fees, which they stated it wouldn't. So far I have $1500 into the project and no sign of jewelry. I know their refund policy but I haven't even received merchandise. How would it apply?

• Fr
      20th of Oct, 2014

I bought my wife a bracelet, didn't last 6months and broke. Took in and they repaired it. It broke3 more times. I went to take it back, they said I would have to upgrade to something of greater value. So, I bought a gold diamond bracelet had it less than a year and it broke. Had them repair it, didn't last a week and broke again. Went into the store to return it. They said that I would have to purchase something of equal value. The manager talked to the corporate office and they told him I could buy any pieces in the store to add up to the purchase amount. Went today, that manager wasn't ther, when they called corporate found out if I didn't purchase diamonds I would lose 150.00. I am contacting corporate office myself. Not right! Also bought a diamond ring, had it less than a year. Took in for inspection they found a couple diamonds missing. After 2 weeks I had to contact them on the status. Found out the ring I had bought about 6 months was no longer available. They woul not refund me, I had to purchase different jewelry. Do not recommend thi place to anyone! They are rip offs and customers after they purchase do not come first!