J2 Global Communications / eFax credit card fraud

A transaction from EFAX appeared on my credit card account that occurred on 02/22/2010. The transaction was with EFAX in the amount of $16.95. I did not authorize this transaction. I do not have an account with EFAX and had never heard of them until this transaction occurred.

I contacted EFAX via telephone on 02/23/10 and was told by the EFAX representative that they closed the EFAX account for fraudulent activity, and that they would credit my card within 3 to 5 business days. No credit was made on to my card within that time period. I called back to EFAX on 03/02/2010, and was told this time, that it would take 5-15 business days for the credit to appear on my card. No credit from EFAX was ever posted to my card. On 03/09/2010, I sent them an e-mail requesting that they credit my card immediately. They never responded. I filed a dispute on 03/10/10 with my credit card company. I also contacted a law firm that posted contact info on this website to share with them my story. I hope EFAX gets prosecuted for credit card fraud! I'm so glad I did a search online to see if there were any complaints about this company and so glad I could post my story here! Thank you!!

Fr

Comments

• Va
      8th of Oct, 2008

As a user of evoice plus' product, my company had grown to the point where i needed to upgrade to evoice receptionist. The website makes it appear that upgrading is an easy process with a 30 day free trial.

What they don't tell you is that you'll have to change all your marketing and advertising because they choose not to port numbers from within their own services.

When talking to customer support, the woman was rude, interrupted several times, and refused to listen to my questions regarding why it could not be done.

An email was sent apologizing for the poor customer support, but claimed that because they get the numbers from two different "pools, " it is impossible for them to port the numbers over, and because they are not a true communications provider, but a reseller, the fcc laws do not apply to them.

I am currently discussing matters with an attorney. I would have never signed up for evoice receptionist - - indeed, i would have never signed up for evoice plus - - had i known that it would be impossible to port telephone numbers. Their website implies they can port any number over to their service, yet they refuse to do so with me. I even offered to pay whatever costs were involved in the number porting up to $1000 to facilitate the transfer, but j2 appears to hold firmly to their conviction that they do not have to follow laws which require telecommunication companies to allow numbers to be ported over from one service to another.

Another thing: beware of any "telecommunications company" that does not have the infrastructure to transfer calls within the company, instead placing the burden on you to write down and / or remember a new number or email to contact.

J2 is such a company. I am ashamed and embarrassed to have ever even thought they were an ethical and reputable company.

• Le
      12th of Jun, 2017

@Valerie I just signed up for the MyFax and something was telling me it was a fraud. I should have looked it up. Well I couldn't log in. I had to cancel my credit card, they charged me $1.38 for what. Now I am going to have to change all of my accounts, it is only $10.00 USD, but who knows if they really cancelled it as I asked. I cancelled it without even looking this up. Serves me right for not listening to my gut. I am in Canada and it would have cost me more than $10.00 and I can't access the site.

• Ed
      27th of Nov, 2008

I've never heard of the company, but had a bill from them on my credit card!

• Ke
      27th of Feb, 2011

eBay Motors V.P.P. Payment Invoice #2748229528
    this is a fraud from becki stillman, robert gonzales and michael antonio boston,
    This mail is confirmation that you were successfully registered as buyer in transaction # 2748229528. Your
    transaction supervisor is Michael Boston. You are about to participate in a fast, efficient and secure transaction. eBay
    Purchase Protection Program is the independent third party that will be overseeing the inspection, ownership transfer,
    securing and disbursing the funds. Please follow our instructions in order to complete the transaction safely.
    Primary Vehicle Information:
    * Type: SUV
    * Make: GMC
    * VIN: 1GKFK66UX4J326474
    * Milage: 101, 547 miles
    * Buyer Inspection: Yes (per agreement with seller, 5 days test and inspection)
    * Condition: Used
    * Shipping/Transit 4 business days
    * Inspection: Inspected
    Payment Information:
    As a protective measure for the parties involved in this transaction the funds will be held in a escrow account managed by an assigned
    Payment Supervisor, until you receive the item(s) ordered.
    All the details required to successfully transfer the funds to the established account are found bellow.
    Invoice # Item Title Qty.
    Total
    * Name: Kell Brown
    * Address: 233 het
    * City/State/Zip Code: Atlanta, GA 30007
    * Country: United States
    * Shipping Company: Mega Freight PVT (LTD)
    Get your Item: Pay Now!
    Account Address: 3900 Elati St #1509, Denver, CO 80216
    Account Number: 103678263122
    Routing Number: 102000021
    Important Usage Guidelines:
    After the inspection period is over, you must either accept or refuse the object of this contract.
    You will do that by sending us an email with one of the following subjects:
     "Approved - Transaction ID# 2748229528" (eBay Motors will contact you to complete the transaction)
     "Refund - Transaction ID# 2748229528" (eBay Motors will refund your deposit in 48 hours)
    Copyright © 1995-2010 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their
    respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy

• Ke
      1st of May, 2018

In case you want to know where they may have got your card number.
    2 Global, Inc. provides Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media. Business Cloud Services brands include eFax, Onebox, eVoice, Fusemail, Campaigner, KeepITsafe, VaultLogix, Callstream, Yotta280, Mailout Interactive, GDV, BackUp Solutions, SugarSync, Nuvotera, UnityFax, Firstway Digital, Excel Micro, Web24 Group, MXSweep, City Numbers, LiveDrive, MetroFax, FoneBox, TrustFax, RapidFax, Send2Fax and Fax.com. The Digital Media division delivers various content through its digital properties, including Ziff Davis (Including PC Magazine, ComputerShopper, ExtremeTech, Toolbox.com and Geek.com) IGN Entertainment (including AskMen, 1UP.com and UGO.com), Offers.com, and NetShelter (including AndroidCentral.com, MacRumors.com, Neoseeker.com, SlashGear.com and TechSpot.com).[16] Also listed on WIkipedia are Mashable.com and HumbleBumble, Ookla.com, Speedtest.net, Offers.com, emedia, TechBargans.com, GameSpy, ExtremeTech, GearLog, GoodCleanTech, DLtv, AppScout, CrankyGeeks, Smart Device Central and TechSaver.com