iYogi / Danger! Danger! Know where your tech support comes from!

1 WI, United States Review updated:

Shortly after installing CA internet security, my computer was showing signs of performance issues so based on the high regard the Geek Squad had for CA due to their free tech support I called CA. They took remote session for about 1hr and said they were changing up some settings to improve speed and compatiblity. The next day I come to my computer to find it's been really jacked, operating system wasn't working normal, it had a Trojan virus!! They left my computer open to be hacked somehow so I called back only to be told they could not provide further assstance that I must spend $160 for 1 yrs to iyogi. I couldn't even comprehend what I was hearing at the time. Then they tried selling 3yr package, I resisted, finally 1 yr. for $139. Does this sound familiar? According to many other posts I see it is very common. I didn't feel I had a choice but now look back will know better for next time my int security renews it won't be with company that outsources to iyogi. Anyway, after loosing my computer and my life for 2 full days, they got it operational. I did try then to cancel, they would not allow so I proceeded with a charge back dispute from my cc Bank of America who in the end would not allow saying I DID receive services! Yeah, they killed my computer then revived it but is that just??? When CA shouldn't have hassled me into buying anyway which then I found out it was iyogi all along disguised behind the company name CA trying to get more than the $80 I just paid for the program and another $35 for pc tuneup (another waste). I have always received kind personnel but am still trying to get partial refund for $80 that 4 times now they say and have emailed was processed over a month ago but haven't seen a penny. They keep lying everytime I call and getting my address each time when of course they had it all along but keep playing this sick game. I found Support trix and they are the official tech support now for me and aren't crooked!! iyogi in India can go t H$&L! Can you tell how displeased and upset they got me? The companies that are using them are surely hurting theirselves as well (DAaaaa!) I won't use them again either! Danger! Beware of your supposed virus protection tech support-

Ma

Comments

• Iy
      11th of Jan, 2011

Hello,
    Thank you for bringing this incident to our notice. We are sorry you had such a bad experience and iYogi takes feedback from customers very seriously as we constantly endeavor to improve our services.
    In order to investigate this incident and provide coaching to the representatives involved we request you to provide us the date of the incident and your full name or the Subscriber Account ID that was generated for you. We would also like to trace the refund that you have not yet received so if you can give us the date of your last interaction with Customer Service regarding processing your refund we can check to see where the problem is.
    We assure you that we can delve into the matter in detail once we have this information and we will keep you informed of our findings and actions taken.
    Regards