IVY CAPITALCancellation of Service

1 Review updated:

After I gave up the limits on my credit cards I was told for a investment of 4800 I could start my online business and be making money in no time. I was told I could cancel within 3 days, the next morning my car broke down and I needed the money on my cc to pay for repairs. I called them to cancel with in 24 hours they ask how much if was going to cost to get my car fixed and they could lower my investment to 3800 I told him no I had reconsidered and I did not want to sign up. He then put me thru to his boss that told me she could take my investment down to 2200, again I said no. After she got really upset that I still wouldn't agree she told me she would have to talk to her Vice Pres. No return phone call after this. I emailed them that I was not signing the agreement to charge my card. I also faxed them the agreement back with cancelled written all over it. A few days later I received a call from my coach and I again explained that I had cancelled she told me to call or email customer service I did both. Customer service told me that they would set up a call for me to talk to someone else to resolve the matter. I told her there was nothing to resolve I had cancelled but they could call me on my cellphone at 5:00 the next day. No call and I have again emailed them that I want the pending charge off of my card so I can get my car out of the shop.
I cancelled by phone, email and fax it been 10days and they still haven't taken the pending charge off my card.

Do

Comments

• Pb
      Dec 12, 2008

Have you called your credit card company and explained what is going on with this company? They may can help you. I did the same 3 day deal and dropped out the next day and called my credit card company and advised them of what was going on. They could not dispute it until they charged my card.

• Pb
      Dec 24, 2008

Ivy capital is still trying to get me to pay 15% for dropping out in the first 3 days! I have an attorney! They want me to sign a form and I am not signing anything without my attorney advising me to. I would advise anyone to be very careful when dealing with Ivy Capital, Inc. I do not trust them. My credit card company dropped the pending charge after 5 days! I cancelled the card and called my attorney!

• Eh
      Jan 28, 2009

AGREE these guys think thier goood and wil pressure you into being motivated and turn you around in your own words... thanks to the web and rip off .com for sheeding the light on these soldiers of darkness... they need to get hurt to quit preying on the innocent (hint hint)

• Tr
      Feb 09, 2009

I have experienced this same treatment by Ivy Capital. Tried to communicate with them and no return phone calls. Very frustrating -this has been going on since November of 2008 and I still have no resolution. I have called my credit card company and neither one of us can obtain a cancellation agreement from this company. I just called today and the lady told me she would email the policy to me in 10 minutes - that was an hour and a half ago.

• Ra
      Jun 10, 2009

ya i have the same kind of thing going on right now with this outfit.they are crooks thieves or what ever you want to call them.my name is randy hamel and i sign up one year ago for this coaching ### and what ever and ya got some help building a website and i know now there is a lot more to it then they showed me and the most important part of it is the marketing and i got no help from them with this.i run ads with yahoo and google and tryed other thing and never made a penny on it so i'm throwing in the towel on the whole thing.i got a call from this out fit from nevada the other day now cause my so called lisence is up for renewal now and they want 710.00 to renew or 250.00 to cancel so dont know what im going to do cause i dont have either one.my credit cards are maxed because of this garbage so dont know but just want to tell my story of this so call company and would like to see some go to jail over this

Jul 11, 2009

As a company we have always vigilantly worked to satisfy our customers and support the services that we provide. We stand by our commitment to any new entrepreneur’s success and realize that with or with out help it can be a frustrating and tough process to start a new business. If you are our client and have an unresolved issue we are happy to speak with you and resolve it. Please contact us by sending an email to customer [protected]@icisuccess.com. Thank You.

Jul 11, 2009

personally, I think your program is fantastic.!!! I never believed i could do so much on a computer let alone create and publish /launch a web site. you people are fantastic at both training and mentoring. I have my site live and am still working on it and with your guidance it will become a great money making opportunity to expand my income...THANK YOU FOR ACCEPTING ME INTO YOUR PROGRAM, IT IS MORE THAN I REALLY EXPECTED. - Raymond

Jul 16, 2009

Anyone else find it amusing that the last posts were made BY Ivy Capital - an employee masquarading as a client? Just look at the person's screen name. Just PROVES they are liars. I also think it's funny that the customer service notices got +1 and +2 votes, whereas the consumers who are complaining on here got -1 and -2 votes. Makes me laugh out loud.

I'm also in the middle of figuring things out with Ivy Capital. After reading their online reviews, I decided to cancel my investment within the 3 day window. They did not properly explain to me, when I first signed up, about the 15% of my investment that they intended to KEEP if I cancelled within that period of time. So I'm sticking to my guns on this one. I've informed my credit card company, and if Ivy Capital refuses to see the light, I will nail my story to every complaint board out there...including the BBB and Attorney General.

As for [redacted], they are appartently garnishing a nice fee from Ivy Capital, as they now are stating on all complaints that Ivy Capital is COMMITTED TO EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. If that was the case, there wouldn't be as many complaints out there in the first place. The person who signed me up originally tried to tell me that there is only ONE complaint listed on [redacted]. I found at least 30. They talk a good talk, but they are ultimately lying to get your cash.

• Ri
      Jul 19, 2009

LOL glad the employee of Ivy had so much success with the program ...too bad everyone else got robbed...

Jul 20, 2009

I am in the middle of this nightmare too! I tried to call the guy who signed me up (sales of course) and of course he wouldn't return my calls...he knew I wanted to cancel, I am sure!! I dont' know how they sleep at night! I am sick to my stomach all day long. It has been almost 6 months and I haven't made a penny and did everything my coach said to do! Not to mention I talked with a couple other coaches and they contradicted what my first coach said. I am at a loss, I just don't know what to do, but I need to may my $8000 back or I am going to run my family into the ditch! I told him, I am a normal mom that works...oh, you can do it, if you remain teachable, you will have no problems and be making $1000's a month! I just want to make the $8000 I dropped to these horrible people. i don't know how they sleep at night knowing what they are doing to people. If anyone can help me, I will willing to try anything to get my money back.

Jul 22, 2009

Everyone, I was on another website where people were complaining about Ivy Capital, go to the FTC website and file a claim! it takes only about 5 minutes and if we all do it, who knows, maybe this company will go under and will get our money back! please go out and file, it can't hurt!!

• Iv
      Jul 23, 2009

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE THAT IS NOT RESOLVED PLEASE EMAIL US AT [protected]@ICISUCESS.COM PLEASE USE THE TITLE UNRESLOVED COMPLAINT AND YOUR FULL NAME SO WE CAN QUICKLY CONTACT YOU AND RESOLVE IT. wE ARE COMMITTED TO MAKING SURE EACH PERSON WHO WE DEAL WITH IS TAKEN CARE OF AND CAN BE SUCCESSFUL WITH OR WITHOUT US.

CUSTOMER CARE

• In
      Jul 23, 2009

Anyone that asks for your money to make you rich is full of it. discipline and and hard work is the key to financial freedom

Jul 27, 2009

That is very true, . but they promised to help with that part of it! Has anyone tried to email the customer service email that they keep saying on her to email our unresolved complaint to?? I have and it failed! Has anyone gotten through or had an answer from them??

• Dj
      Jul 29, 2009

My story is much the same as Teddy's with one exception. ICI offerred to finance my $3800, or most of it. I had to pay $1000 up front, they financed the balance at 18% interest for 36 months. I've been paying $99.96 a month since January 09. Luckily I didn't have enough credit available to pay them the whole $3800 up front! The contract I signed gave me the option to cancel within 3 days, in writing, but gave me no address to send a cancellation notice to. I tried to work their program, but kept getting more and more confused by all the different people who were calling from different companies associated with ICI telling me what I needed to do and how much more money I needed to pay. These companies often contradicted each other as to what I should do and in what order. I sent emails to the company that got me into all this, Underground Cash Secret (which I've not seen mentioned on this site), trying to find out who these companies were, what their realstionship was & who I should actually be dealing with first, but of course that was never explained to me.
    Some of the companies were Universal Accounting, Ivy Capitol, Success Team Coaching, Michael Vincent's Online Wealth Course, Vianet Coaching &/or Training, and Triad WebZone. I finally found a legitimate company to work with; one where you really get paid. I know I will never get the money back that I've spent with these lowlifes, but I did contact my credit card company and have them refuse to take any more charges from them. At least that has cut my losses to $1700 plus what I've spent on other "extras" they've said I needed.

I urge everyone who has been scammed by these folks to file complaints with the BBB, the FTC, any related website that will let you post a comment, any related blog where you can p0st a comment, and any other place you can think of. I hope there is a class action lawsuit, and I will definitely join it if there is. The more I realized about these companies, the more I realized that even if I had achieved the success they promised, I wouldn't want to be associated with cutthroat people like this anyway. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, which makes me wonder how they do!

djc

• Dj
      Jul 29, 2009

I forgot:

Did anybody notice that they give you at least 3 different email addresses to send your complaints to?

[protected]@icicoaching
    [protected]@icisuccess
    [protected]@icisuccess

djc

• Pe
      Aug 27, 2009

Thanks for the feedback people. Sorry to hear of your sad experiences. I live in Sydney and was contacted by one of their impressive Coaches yesterday. He has arranged for is boss is due to call me back anytime now!!! I was just doing some due dilligence on Ivy Capital Inc and found this lot...very concerning. Thank you all one again. Hope you get your respective situations sorted out asap.

• Ca
      Sep 04, 2009

Thank you for all the info! I have been on the phone with these people for the last 2 hours! While on the phone with the boss...somehow the CSR (customer service rep) went and talked to this guy real quick, name was Tim Stahura, and said he would call me back about 20 minutes later. Well..Tim gets on the phone with me and we start talking. All in all, they were going to finance me and I would've paid $998 after I told him that I haven't established my credit(which is a load of crap anyway). So...we sit and talk on the phone and this whole time, I was doing research. While on the phone, he told me that his company was accredited with the Better Business Bureau and so I brought up the website while he was talking and typed in his phone number. [protected]. That company is not accredited with the BBB. It's a load of crap. Thank you internet once again for allowing me to research while on the phone before I give out any credit info. I did tell them about my debts. Not acct #'s or anything. Just round-a-bout numbers and such. Is that ok or is there anything else I need to do to protect myself? All they have is my email, phone number, apprx numbers on debt.

• Iv
      Sep 14, 2009

As a company, we vigilantly support and help our clients as they work in their new businesses. Starting a new business can be very difficult and because of that we work with our students through their frustrations. We stand behind our commitment to work with each client and resolve any frustrations. We look forward to speaking and working together to resolve any outstanding complaints. Please contact us by sending an email to [protected]@icicoaching.com and putting your name in the title of the email.

Yes and all of these emails go to the same place. Follow the instructions in the paragraph above and we will absolutely make sure your frustration is resolved.

• Ey
      Sep 15, 2009

As a "company" (more like shell front hiding in a chain of tax havens and LLCs) you're full of ###!!! Instead of wasting everyone's time attempting to cover up the negative publicity, why not simply do the right thing to begin with? It's so much easier to do the right thing. BTW, I've sent numerous emails to the customerservice email over the last 2 weeks - I still haven't gotten a reply - NOT a single reply. Stand by your commitment to resolve my frustration? Indeed...

Sep 15, 2009

Eyrie88,

Same here. I have emailed numerous times too, and NEVER a reply back! Frustrations, is an understatement...I wish I would have looked on the internet while talking to these scammers!!! Good job...for anyone looking this up before agreeing to anything these people say!

• Iw
      Sep 16, 2009

I was told by ivy capital inc that I would be able to pay back my credit card of six thousand . The money that I would make before my credit card was due. It is about six months and I haven't made a cent. Also went on line for support while trying to develop this website and all these people were newbies who knew just as much as I did. No one would return my phone calls. I had contact after two months to start my mentoring. I payed all this money for them to tell me to submit blog entries. Also someone from the company phoned me on my cell to find out if I was the one submitting suicide notes. Sarah

• Bu
      Oct 31, 2009

at least all of you recieved a 3 day to cancel. I never recieved anything like that. Matter of fact my understanding was that i had 30 days to cancel and they would make it write. of course with nothing in writing... I tried to call after 2 days and could never get anyone to return a call or and email. i have called several times and emailed different dept with no answer. i have my cc company disputing the charges right now. i signed in May and i didn't hear from anyone until Aug. the person that did call was from the resolution dept and she left a vm for me to call her back, which i did and got their automated service. i left her a detailed message and have heard nothing back since. now i have to prove a bunch of crap to keep them from charging my card over 9000. when i joined i thought it they were going to build me a web site and show me how to maintain it. i told the guy that "sold" me that i was unemployed and a hurricane ike victim. he assured me that i would make my money back with in a month and that since i already knew a lot about web sites already that a couch would be calling me in a few days. the first coach called me in Aug. so this company sucks. i just hope i can gather enough proof of the hidden charges and lies. my next step will be to get a lawyer. good luck to all of you that are still fighting with this company.

• Ry
      Nov 02, 2009

It is November 2, 2009. I'm experiencing the same situation all of you have experienced. It is time to put a stop to this company. My credit card company said, they are investigating the matter. I believe, "Ivy Capitals program is designed to have lots of people contacting the client, so they don't have time to think about what is going on. There were 6 persons who contacted me in one week, I didn't know who was who.
    I think these complaint should be aired on a popular websites and YouTube. If my matter goes to court, I have informed Ivy Capital, I want the matter resolved on a Court TV Show. I don't want to see or hear of anyone else experiencing this. I feel sick to my stomach. Ivy Capital charged me $8, 880 and Corp Tax charged $7, 390 of which $5390 was paid and they financed $2000 with a company in St. Louis. I still have not paid one cent to the loan company, I am unemployed and the finance company came after me for $100 a month. I told the finance company, I am no longer with Corp Taxes/Nevada Business Dev, the person at the loan company said, they have not sent us your drop information. Are you guys listening to what I'm telling you? Please contact the Attorney General in your state? This can't continue! I'm going to file a complaint with the BBB. I checked last week and Ivy Capital was not registered, they were listed as NR (not registered). Good luck to everyone who is suffering from this nightmare. A Class Action seems the way to go, since so many of you and me are dissatisfied. Sorry everyone, I just got mad. Why would anyone want to push their product on you, when you've ask them, to cancel. Is that crazy or what? Well! I've got to sit down and write my CC company and give names, dates and content of conversation. Thank God I can do that, I wrote down every conversation and with whom, date and time. I probably would not have done it, if I hadn't received so many calls.

• Je
      Dec 03, 2009

jbr
    Yes they scamed me too..has anyone gotten this settled? gotten any money back? I find all the webinars and the coaching very confussing and not at all helpful..the company is of no help, as they said they would be, they just say "Keep trying and you'll get it". How they sleep at nite is a good question, but also my salesman asked me if I was a Christian, when I said yes I am, he said a prayer and quoted verses to me, Proverbs 12:22 Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight. Psalms 37:24 If they fall it isn't fatal, for the Lord holds them with his hand. That's what we need to do Pray about it and have faith the Lord will provide for us.

Jan 04, 2010

I've already gotten my money refunded, as I cancelled within the 3 days, but I was lucky. It was a difficult and long battle. BE WARNED PEOPLE! EVEN IF YOU CANCEL WITHIN THE 3 DAYS, THERE IS A 15% RETAINER FEE THAT THEY WILL NOT REFUND TO YOU!!!

Trying to cancel, even in the three days, is a battle. They will fight you on it...and tell you that you are scared. Sometimes it is wise to be fearful when walking into a lion's den without armor. They will blame any complaints posted out there ON THEIR LAZY CUSTOMERS WHO LACKED THE DISCIPLINE TO FOLLOW THROUGH (as this is the primary reason I cancelled with them - too much bad publicity). Given these facts, I feel doing business with this company is a risky endeavor.

Jan 04, 2010

By the way, if any legitimate customers read this and have had success with this company, please give us some details about your experience...

1. how much did you pay upfront as your intial investment?
    2. how much did you make in the first year?
    3. what is your online business' website?
    4. how much time did you have to put in to make your business work?

Thanks!

• Pw
      Jan 05, 2010

I am also in this trap that goes by the name Ivy Capitol, Vianet, Success Team ect. I signed up in April of 09 and was mislead and lied to from the start. However I did try very hard to make a go of this program. I spent over 15-20 hours a week. They did not provide what they promised and the program did not ever work correctly for me. I sent emails, left msgs. and even my coach had to email the company to try and get the web page working. It never did function as it should and after 2 coaches and hours of work on the system it is still not working. They did some changes to my web postings and also sent me over 20 test emails for some reason. They seemed to try to help each time I called but the bottom line is I spent over 8, 000.00 and have not seen one cent in return. I sent them letters and complained and they stated they would repair. Each time it hits a deadend because of the program not functioning as it should. When tech support kept saying with so many issues you need to call and I did, and also took off of work to call and be able to correct the problem. They just told me had to go to the programers. What a waste. I really did try with them to work it out even after all the lies. I have kept very good records of all of the problems and dates and the names of each person and issue. I will be posting this complaint as I belive this is wrong. The things they do are not honest and they use alot of hard sell tactics. I am sorry to have to resort to stating negative things about a company but if it helps someone else avoid this trap it is worth it. I also will be pursuing all of the legal options I have for making this public information.
    Patricia Webster

• St
      Jan 18, 2010

To anybody thinking about investing cash with IVY Capital DONT DO IT !!! scam artists con men call em what you like they will tell you a pack of lies to get your cash im down £3500 pounds but trying to get it back these people want locking up if anyone has managed to get their cash back please let me know how you went about it ...

• Ka
      Aug 13, 2010

I conpletely agree with all the complaints! Only wish I had researched this company before I was fast-talked out of almost 4100.00 I did send a written letter within the three day period and they still keep rescheduling me with a different resolutions person, trying to change my mind. I am very upset by their shady ways and I don't want them to get away with this. They cant! What can we do to get justice? Aren't there laws against these kind of minipulators?
    Karen L.

• Du
      Oct 16, 2010

Same here. This needs to STOP! I'm only 19 years-old and I invested into vianet just so I could help my parents financially. Sadly, I didn't make a dime with vianet and I've lost almost $3000. Money that could be put into my college tuition. They must be stopped. Has anyone filed a lawsuit against them?

• Am
      Nov 09, 2010

I've just become a victim of Ivy Capital and they charged more than 14, 000 dollars from my creidt cards. I've been asking them for refund because I cancelled the agreement before 3 days. According to agreement I can cancel it for full refund within 3 days. But they're using every tactic that we don't get refund. Everytime there's a new numbers they call from. Everytime there's a new person talking and trying to convince us to do the business with them and not to get refund. I agree to every word of all the comments and complaints other people have written about this company. But I've to say one thing, if they don't give me refund, I'll not be silent. I'll follow them every where in the world and bring them into the court for their fraud.

Jan 18, 2011

i was a victim, but i just got of the phone with the resolutions department, i recorded the entire conversation, it took a full hour, and all of it consisted of him trying to persuade me to stay in, even after i voiced all of my complaints, it has him calling me stupid for reading complaints on the internet, it even has statements of him saying i can easily make 200, 000, best of all i have him recorded saying they will refund the money within 3 days, if they don't im thinking of going to the police and submitting the recording and all the other correspondence, if anyone wants to hear the recording to decide whether this company is a scam please leave a comment on this. i will email you the recording. Best of luck to everyone, my advice is to record these [censor] when they call, of course don't tell them, collect as much evidence as possible, it should also help with the credit card dispute when you start that with your credit card company.

God Bless and good luck

Jul 10, 2012

Ivy Capitol is out of business anyone know of any class actions suites or anything going on, or where to find them

Jul 10, 2012

I to lost a lot of money from Ivy Capitol, and tried to do something about it in 2010, just thought I would try again
    Anyone know of any civil law suites etc that I could become a part of? They are of course out of business but I am still trying to find them