Ironwood Communications / No show and lies

1 Corona, CA, United States Review updated:

I had an appt for 12-4 today to fix a console that doesn't work. I received a phone call from someone stating a bunch of technicians called in; please call and unrecognizable number to reschedule. I called DirectTV at 4:30 and they conference called the installation company, Ironwood Communications. The notes the "operator" for Ironwood read from a work order states no one was home. I told DirecTV that was not true, I have not left my home at all today, then they told the DirecTV customer service that my second contact number was busy and they couldn't get a hold of me... I never gave them a second number. The operator was unable to get a hold of dispatch to find out what was going on and I asked that they call me back. I called back at 4:55pm and now at 5:30 I am still on hold waiting to speak with the dispatch supervisor and have no answers. The operator keeps getting back on the line trying to get me to reschedule and take a day off work and have me pay $100 for them to come fix their equipment that is not working!! To top it off, they can not give me the number to dispatch because it is private!

I have seen six web sites with complaints regarding Ironwood for DirecTV installations, doesn't seem like DirecTV cares much, they have already billed me and marked my order as completed!

Ap

Comments

• Vj
      22nd of Aug, 2008

NOTE TO DIRECTV:
    Incompetence is hurting your business. I googles Ironwood Install No Show. You try it. I was amazed at the amount of people who have the same story of no shows. You cost me $250 today. You insulate yourselves by hiring out contractors. I am contacting the local news stations with my story of a wasted day and 2 hours on the phone afterwards with zero results.

DirecTV is sorry this happened, but no offer to set up an install with a reputable company and get reimbursed.

The above link was my exact story. This is normal for Directv/Ironwood Communications.

• Ll
      6th of Oct, 2008
    Ironwood Communications - failure of service
    Direct TV
    Benicia
    California

Ironwoods Communications has had so many complaints, over such a long time, that DirectTV must not care. Ironwood did to me yesterday (on 10.05.008) the same things I 've just read others' complaints about. Ironwood failed to show up during the 4-hour window I was told (by DirectTV) that they would be at my house to work on my DirectTV dish; then failed to show up during the subsequent 2-hour window, a DirecTV person had assured me they would certainly show up; then, an hour and a half after that second appointment time had passed, when it was too dark to work on the dish, a man banged on my door and was standing on my porch, apparently drunk (this man - Hugo - had a DirecTV identification badge on his shirt); and when I verbally expressed my extreme anger at Hugo's incompetence, he shrugged, said that he knew I was upset, that he'd done everything he could do, and left.

"Ironwood Communications" should not be allowed to be a fake, dummy entity-ruse-and-runaround for DirectTV. "Hugo", his supervisor "Isiah", and Isiah's supervisor "Dave" -- all employees of DirecTV -- should be fired. And/or DirecTV should be reported to the Federal Communications Commission.

But any remedy aimed at DirecTV or Ironwood is meaningless. DirecTV is an international corporation and considers itself above the law in the United States -- that is, above the criminal law, the civil law, and administrative law, in the United States. So I just say, if you live in Benicia, California, and need your DirecTV dish worked on, GOOD LUCK. And get used to calling DirecTV and rescheduling the work on your dish, until you GET LUCKY, and your schedule fits in with the schedules of the most incompetent and least responsive individuals working for DirecTV.