Saveology Complaints & Reviews

Saveologytechnical receiver problem money refund denied

On March the 6th, 2017 around 1:17 p.m., I was contacted by saveology, telling me that they needed to update my DISH boxes; there was a technical problem with my DISH receiver. They said that it would cost me $169.90 to do it, but that it would be refunded within 6 months. I talked and allowed them to take it from my account. Then I called DISH to see if they were legitimate. Dish neither confirmed nor denied it. I proceeded to call this number back and tell them that I thought that they were scamming me. The lady replied, "Don't talk that way because the Better Business Bureau is monitoring us." Her name was Jessica She turned me over to another guy. (The company members were another nationality by voice recognition.) He proceeded to say that he could send me some remotes that we needed for our receiver and cut our bill down by $10.00 for doing this and being a long time customer with DISH. We received the 2 remotes (confirmation # 633133) and our bill did go down by about $10.00 and has remained that way. So I proceeded to mark on the calendar when my money was due back. I taught for 31 years in the public school systems and have recently retired. I try to be wise with my money and I don't like to be cheated out of it. Then on September 226 or 27, 2017, I called to find out about my refund. They gave me DISH's #[protected]. I called and recognized what they had done. I call the number given to me [protected]) when I gave the money. The guy on the other line was difficult to understand and his line cut in and out a lot. I told him that the number he gave me was for DISH not where I gave the money.I told him that I was calling him about my refund. He then said he would get it sent back to me in 3-4 business days. I waited and call the number again on October 3, 2017. He repeated the same thing and gave me DISH's # again. I told him that I had no choice but to call the Better Business Bureau and he replied, "You do what you need to do." I called DISH and told them about this and the person told me that the company was in Florida and that you all had been looking into it already. That's when I called the hotline. I'd like to prevent someone else from being taken by these people. I have always worked hard and tried to help others with what God gives me, but I don't like being taken advantage of. Any way that you can help will be greatly appreciated. If I can be of any other assistance, please call and I'll try to help. Thank you again for getting back with me.

Saveologyrebate

I ordered Comcast service through saveology which they did not even tell me they were not comcast until the very end of the order process They misrepresented the Comcast service and attempted to tack on hidden fees until I called them on it. I ordered a cable modem and WiFi router because they promised 100% rebate of the cost of the equipment. This was Dec 2012, now its July 2013 and I am still fighting with them to send me my rebate checks. I filed a BBB complaint and got no where. This company is a SCAM I have no doubt it will fold by 2014 and probably hundreds of thousands will be out money they paid them.

• Lu
    lucinda8888 Jul 30, 2013

I also signed p for the Comcast deal in oct. 2012 and am getting the run around on processing my rebate of around $170.00. I suggest lthe state of fla. attourney generals office and file a complaint. start at the top and if enough people do this they will fine them. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED THAT THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS?

SaveologySaveology represents themselves as Authroized Time Warner Cable Representatives and Sales

Saveology in on the Internet representing themselves as Official Time Warner Authorized Representatives and Selling Services. Sells services. They have ful customer service when you call. But, when you call and order, they cannot and will not deliver. You place an order for Cable Internet and TV, they try to sell you hardware. YOu find out when appontment time comes you have been scammed and Time Warner has no record of any transactions. YOu may also have puchased hardware which is sold for twice what the stores sell it for, with or without rebate. The rebate may or maynot be valid. Time Wrner Cable told me they are fully aware of Saveology, but insists they cannot do anything to stop them because Saveology is located in another country. (I know I can get deleted or botted, but suffice to say I know what could be done to that country, , and it ends in BOOM!)

Saveologywireless router and modem - free with comcast subscription

The rebate was offered almost a year ago (April 2012) the deal was if you purchased their equipment, then had carrier hook everything up, after 30 days you would get a rebate for the equipment. (199.00) I just called the number and it's going to take 10 week to find out if and when the cheque was mailed to me. After that waiting period, I will have to wait another time period for the cheque. This is a scam...I don't think I will get my cheque!

The other address they use is: PO Box 101420, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33310

• Us
    User1366065143 Apr 15, 2013

Saveology pointed me at Techzilla saying I needed a new router for the new phone from Time Warner wireless cable phone. They said they have a deal for one at Techzilla. I called them the modem selling company in Folorida Techzilla because they said on the form they charged 2x the orignal cost. That company said that was a mistake, and the Mastercard bill was correct after all I checked my MasrterCard bill). Then I talked to the rebate people and they told me what was required, a photocopy of the upc. I already contacted Time Warner about the scam. They are not helping, they said the company that pushes the Cable services, claiming to represent Time Warner is in another country and TW can't help.
    Time Warner never received my order. The modem is only $30 at the store, yet before rebate they charge $70.00 plus shipping. The rebate is for $69.99. I am worried because the guy at the company who sells the modems at the Florida address said a photcopy, yet the rebate form says original. Time Warner could stop these people in court, it doesn't matter which country. IMHO.
    Techzilla is either a pawn or complicit. They must know something. I didn't argue witht hem, I have to see about sending the papers and see what they do.

Saveology — Misrepresents as Time Warner

Saveology owns and operates what appears as a non-profit website internetproviders.org Utilizing...

SaveologyFraud

I thougt i was calling AT&T but i was calling these scam artist. I called to get a quote only to find out that due to my credit I had to pay a 400 deposit for at&t service. I can't afford that as I am a single mother and declined. A day later I receive an email confirmation from AT&T confirming my install date. I checked my bank and sure enough they took 400 for a deposit 100 for equipment and a 9.99 hold for something called my tech help . They gave me the run around about getting my money back and my rent check bounced. I now have over draft fees bounced check fees a crapy router and I'm still waiting for my money back. Fast forward 4 months they gave me my money back but have been charging me 10 bucks a month for no reason. WTH?!?! Don't ever use this company. If you call AT&T ask right away if they're Saveology

• Ge
    Gemsall Mar 05, 2013

I was ripped off from saveology also and they will not refund me for an item I never got

SaveologyCustomer Service

I ordered some chocolate brown egyptian cotton sheets as a Mother's Day present for my mother. First complaint--they sent me a voucher for the wrong color (purple). I contacted them via e-mail to correct the problem, and was told not to redeem the voucher, that they would correct it. (this was on 5-2-12) today is 5-24-12. It's been more than 3 weeks since I placed the order and they received their money--Mother's Day has come and gone--and I still have not had this issue resolved. I have contacted them several more times, and was told the first 3 times that the manager was working on it. They have not even bothered to reply to my last few e-mails. The vouchers they give you are generated from their site--how hard can it be to change the color on one? I should also say that my last e-mail asked that the problem be resolved or that I receive a refund---no reply.

shoulof known better May 23, 2012

Queen Sheet Set - was supposed to be 1200 thread count - they are so flimsy i can actually see thru them. This was $30.00 thrown away. I should have known better. Ended up throwing in garbage.

SaveologyPoor Customer Service

I contacted the company to give them feedback on a company who used them for a promotion, movie tickets.com. In reply I got a canned response - obviously the support person either didn't read my email or didn't understand it.

My email:
Issue: Some feedback on MovieTickets.com
I purchased a voucher in Feb that expired 4/30. I tried to use the tickets however of the many theaters in Atlanta only a very small number of them were available on MovieTickets.com - and of them most were the discount-style theater (watch-and-dine - which usually offers movies around $7 to $7.50 a ticket so the savings wasn't there at $12 a pair). When I tried to use the voucher the only ticket times that were available were non-weekend matinees and non-weekend late night (10 PM or later). This was a bogus deal that I let expire without using.

Saveology Response:
Thank you for contacting Saveology.com. We understand that sometimes you can forget to use a deal before the expiration date. This deal expired on April 30, 2012 and any vouchers not redeemed by that time are lost. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

K. Joseph

Note that I didn't mention anything about wanting a refund, etc as I understood that that Saveology is/was acting as a third party. Personally I would pass on this coupon/deal company, especially with the market so full of others.

Sheilacc Jun 15, 2012

A similar situation happened to me. I ordered some sheets (valued at 179.99, deal was for 29.99) from saveology and upon receiving them they were terrible quality, thin, pilled and snagged after washing directly out of the package. I stated my complaint, asked for it to be sent to the merchant or that they would allow me the merchant's contact info, and acknowledged their "All sales are final" policy. I did not ask for a refund, but they came back with "I am sorry because the sheets are used we cannot offer a refund." I do not use this company any more as they use merchants that I feel are false advertising. Not only are some of their merchants operating in a shady manner, but their customer service is lacking tremendously.

Shelle67 Dec 31, 2012

I purchased the Gillette razors deal. Took 2 months to arrive. When My husband went to use them the blue strip that tells you when you should replace came off with the first swipe and the razor was so dull it would not shave. I have contacted them 4 times with NO REPLY and no now phone number on their web page. It is obvious that these are counterfeit as they shipped from China and are worthless. Going to fight it thru my CC! Spread the work NOT to use this company!!

• Ks
    KSAdams Jun 03, 2016

I placed an order on December 3 and still haven't received it (it is now January 19).
    Saveology no longer has a person who answers the phone, it just directs you to send an email if you have a problem. Then they don't reply to your email. I am telling everyone I know not to order from them.

• Jh
    jhfff Jun 03, 2016

well, keep on waiting, I've been waiting for 4 months. saveology doesn't do nothing to resolve the issues we have. I 've been fighting for 4 months to get my magazines ordered with saveology dollars vouchers. magazineco screwed up the order and than penalized me by not giving me my three magazines. people need to think before they deal with companies who WILL NOT HELP YOU RESOLVE ISSUES THEY ARE HAVING WITH THEM.

• Jh
    jhfff Jun 03, 2016

well, keep on waiting, I've been waiting over 4 months. savelogy doesn't do nothing to resolve the issues we have. I 've been fighting for 4 months to get my magazines ordered with SAVEOLOGY DOLLARS, thru MAGAZINECO. MAGAZINECO screwed up the order and then penalized me by not giving me my three magazines. people need to think before they deal with companies who WILL NOT HELP YOU RESOLVE ISSUES YOU ARE HAVING WITH THEM.

SaveologyMisrepresentation, Scam and Fraud

I had called Comcast several times to set up service at a residence we are relocating to, but because there are still residents there they told me to call back as they couldn't set up service until the current residents closed their account.

I was contacted by a company representing themselves wholly as Comcast employees, and knew that I was seeking Comcast services in Texas (where we are relocating). They called "regarding my inquiry about Comcast services" and stated that they could place my order. After explaining that there were still people at the address and I was told I needed to wait, I was informed that it's not a problem, I can place the order and can just call back for installation once the residents vacate.

I placed the order after giving out all of my personal information (no charges or credit card info was given though) and thought this was great, finally Comcast is taken care of. 20 minutes later, I got an email from a company called "Saveology" which I had never heard of with all of my order details.

Never once did the representative say she was from this company, and both I and my Wife asked directly "Is this Comcast?" and she answered "Yes". At the end of the call, she tried persistently to get me to buy a cable modem or router and ADT Security services, as well as a Technical Support contract.

I called Comcast immediately after receiving the email, and they said whatever confirmation number Saveology gave me was "useless" (and they gave me a better package at a cheaper rate than what Saveology had quoted).

Clearly, this was a scam and misrepresentation. It's a scam because in fact they sold me nothing related to Comcast (4 Comcast employees in the span of 3 weeks told me it was IMPOSSIBLE to set up my service at all until the residents left the house we were relocating to and I would have to call back) and the goal for Saveology was to get me to buy related products and services thinking it was from Comcast. It was misrepresentation because I was told clearly I was dealing with a Comcast representative. This cannot be allowed.

I did contact Saveology and explained the situation, and the sales rep said that since I paid for nothing there was no harm done, at which point she hung up on me.

If the original CSR from Saveology had simply said who she was and what they were offering, I would have understood but politely refused to give them personal information. I was lied to and scammed.

This company is a scam, stay as far away from them as you can. It is a bait and switch gig to get you to buy related products and services under the guise of being Comcast.

• Al
    also.scammed Apr 10, 2012

I had EXACTLY the same experience, except that I did buy services. I accepted the router and refused ADT services as well as "mytechhelp" services, and was STILL set up for "mytechhelp". I then received several confirmation emails about the router, and it was the crappiest router available (TP Link Wireless Router 150MPbs) for $60 PLUS tax and PLUS $14.99 shipping although you can buy 300MPbs routers for half that price at a local store (no shipping charges.) I called saveologoy and to my surprise I had a very nice and helpful representative on the line who promised to cancel everything. Let's see if she really did...

martha tablewight Jul 18, 2012

Absolutely! I had a very similar experience

• Ss
    ssuussaannmm Aug 02, 2012

I have the exact story only I was trying to set up service with Time Warner in California. the sales person represented himself as Time Warner and was setting up a new service ( mind you after speaking with "the real TW" I too was informed its impossible to set up new service because my unit is still occupied by the old renters) so I couldnt have been speaking with a TW representative. My bank account was charged the "one time service fee" of $9.99 and with a router charge of $84.94 get this~ by saveology ! I received an email from them and the rebate I was supposed to enjoy making my purchase free?? Well...it was EXPIRED LOL !! Just keeps getting better.TW has NOTHING in their system regarding my name or confirmation number I was given for my start of services. I was routed to an installation department in NY not in CA where I live and was on phone for 50 minutes on hold finally I hung up and called the REAL Time Warner people who informed me no.. I dont have a new account with them sono... we cant make an installation date !. They know nothing about this fake transaction. To complicate matters...I receive a call from a local private installation company who says he installs service for TW and that I called him to set up the appointment !!! I cancelled my debit card and am making a claim with my bank. I also wrote a formal complaint with the better business bureau against this fraudulent company. Yes I did finally get in touch with saveology after another 50 mins on the phone on hold only to be told they are putting in an email to stop payment and shipment but of course they cant give me a confirmation number on THAT...Im sure thats a lie.I have no reason to think they are reputable as nothing adds up here. I think a class action is in order along with a news station doing a crackdown bust on these snakes...Real the real slim shady( time warner ) please stand up please stand up !! GRRRR

• Da
    darbar123 Aug 07, 2012

I just had the same experience with a TP-Link Wireless Router "from Comcast". I received it in the mail today and yes, it's a piece of junk. It was sent and billed to me by a company DBA Buy DGS which I have tracked down as being linked to Foxcomm out of Taiwan. Foxcomm is a mega-company but obviously has their hand in some shady stuff as well. I cannot get Comcast to refund the money so i am going to dispute through American Express. I am sure Amex will take care of me but i just wasted a couple hours of my time trying to figure this out.

• Ha
    Hamicarion Mar 25, 2013

I would have to say that the "complaint" comments left were created by ###s that have NEVER heard of affiliate marketing before, or do any research. Comcast markets PRIMARILY through 3rd party affiliates, except in specific metro areas. If you have ever had a rep knock on your door, they were more than likely CONTRACTED through a 3rd party affiliate. They are SUPPOSED to, by contract IDENTIFY themselves as Comcast reps. The additional contacts, emails, and such will come from the affiliate

Often times Comcast will have different deals: you may find offers that will be different door to door, online, or when you contact Comcast directly. Comcast also has a BAD habit of poaching deals from their affiliates. So it is no surprise that when someone calls in the rep (that gets paid on commission) will tell the customer to forget the previous offer and get them a better deal. THAT is where the REAL scam is...not from the affiliate.

Affiliates can also offer other deals from other companies...so long as there isn't a conflict of interest. This is why ADT was pushed by the reps.

So quit whining and badmouthing an affiliate marketer. Saveology has been around for a while, and has a great relationship with Comcast. I am in no way affiliated with them...they don't pay enough.

SaveologyFalse advertising, poor customer service

I ordered a docking station from saveology.com because their add stated it would arrive between 3-5 business days (just in time for xmas) On the 4th day I called for a tracking number, which could not be provided because the item had not shipped. Since tomorrow was day 5 I asked if it would be overnighted. They said no, so I requested a refund and sent the e-mail they requested with my order number, reason for refund, etc. I received an e-mail stating that my refund would go through in 7-10 business days. I called the 7th and the customer service rep submitted my request again. Today was the 10th day, no refund, and again they have submitted my request stating "its been moved to the top of the stack."

SaveologyFraud! Scam! Beware !

I called Saveology to sign up for Dish Network based on a promotion that was advertised in a mailer. Upon calling, several things are clarified that are extremely misleading ("No setup fees and no installation fees!" Oh, but there's a $50 processing fee! But we forgot to put that on the ad!). They force you to sign up for a "free trial" of some service called "Support Squad" - supposedly a tech support service. I aggressively tried to decline the "free trial", but was told that I needed to cancel it after it was processed instead. Whatever. The call goes on and more shady practices are uncovered and I tell the guy on the phone I changed my mind; I don't want to sign any kind of contract with a company that's this crooked. He convinces me to let the tech come by the next day and I can read the contract, if I still don't want to sign it, all charges will be reversed and I won't be penalised at all... fine. I finish the call and hang up. An hour later, I'm still thinking about it, and still mad, so I call Saveology back and cancel. I check the next day, and the $57 or whatever has been credited back to my account.

Fast forward three months - I notice a charge on my credit card that I don't recognise - "Support Squad - $9.[protected]". I search my email for "support squad" and see the initial email from Saveology. So, I call the phone number and explain that the service was cancelled, I never wanted it in the first place, I don't have Dish Network, and I never got any bills, receipts, confirmations or even account info from "Support Squad" to even be able to use their services. They say that they can only reverse 1 month's worth of charges. They say that they can't reverse anything more than that because I purchased the service through a 3rd party reseller (Saveology), but the CSR also says that Saveology couldn't reverse the charges either. After arguing with them for about 20 minutes, she offers to pull the recording of the initial call - if I didn't authorise the charges, then she could reverse them. Well, the problem is, even IF I authorised the charges, I called back an hour later and cancelled! "Well, sir, they wouldn't be able to cancel the charges then because they're only a 3rd party reseller." "Whatever, pull the call. While I'm waiting the 3 weeks it takes to do that, I'll call them, and maybe I'll call my credit card company and report the charges as fraudulent." I hang up.

Next, I call Saveology and start at the beginning of the story. They say they can't reverse the changes because they're only a 3rd party reseller.

Me:"Whatever. You guys are the ones that sold me the service. You guys are the ones that cancelled the Dish Network service. You guys are the ones that should have told me how to cancel the Support Squad service. Now, let me talk to your manager and voice my complaint before I call my credit card company and dispute the charge with them."

So, that CSR tells me that I should have called and cancelled the first time I was charged the $10 (a month after this was supposed to be CANCELLED), after all, "that's why they provide their phone number on the credit card charge." So, apparently, that's it, when you sign up for this "totally legitimate tech support company", they don't send you any emails, no snail mail, no account information, no introduction, no list of services, no welcome letter... nothing. They just bill you, and if you have any questions, you're expected to get the phone number from that line of your credit card statement. That's not shady at all! Soooo... the CSR gets her manager and they decide to "make an exception and refund all the charges".

Me: "Wait... I thought Saveology was just a 3rd party reseller and they couldn't refund the charges?!?!"

Saveology: "Sir, I said that we are a reseller for Dish Network, and I couldn't refund any charges from them."
Me: "Who said anything about charges from Dish Network? I didn't ask you ANYTHING about Dish Network! This is the first time anybody mentioned Dish Network during this call! So, you are affiliated with Support Squad then?"
Saveology: "Yes, sir, that's what I said..."
Me: "Whatever. You should hurry up and process my refund before I lose it."
Saveology: "You should see the refund on you credit card statement within 14 business days"

What a friggin' scam!! Beware of Saveology and Support Squad! If these people get a hold of your credit card number, make sure you check your statements! And keep checking your statements!!

SaveologyFraudf and Identity Theft

My wife and I were looking into moving to a new address, in March 2011. I called two companies

where I am a long-standing customer (Comcast and Dish Network) to ask about services at the new

address. I used my land-line phone. The following day I received a call from a Saveology

representative, about "my recent enquiry into Dish Services".

(1) Comcast and Dish do not provide this type of information to third parties. Therefore,

either Saveology hacked into my land-line, or they have a mole in the Dish Network organization

who provides this information to them.

(2) The representative did not know that I am a long-standing customer at Dish Network. He

did not ask for the A/C phone number. Representatives of Dish would have had that information.

(3) The representative talked real fast and avoided answering my questions directly.

(4) The representative had to look up details of the offers that Dish makes, and did not

have them in front of him. He was clearly using the Dish website to give details of the

packages that Dish offers.

(5) He tried to get me to sign up for Saveology services. Not Dish services, but Saveology

products. A classic bait and switch gig.

(6) The following day I received an email from Saveology " THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER". I

emailed them back asserting my legal right to cancel any order within 72 hours, and informing

them that they would hear from my attorney if I ever heard from them again.

(7) Two days later I received a call from a woman who was "following up on my recent order

with Dish Network"

(8) I told her I had not ordered any services from Dish Network. She tried to continue with

her script, but I stopped her. I asked her who she works for. She said " We are the scheduling

department". I repeated the question several times, with similarly evasive answers.

(9) I asked her point-blank if she worked for Saveology. SHe responded with the same answer

"we are the scheduling department..."

(10) I asked who she works for. Same evasive answer.

(11) I asked her which company signs her paycheck. I became aggressive and demanded an

answer, not letting her finish any sentence that was not a direct answer to this direct

question.

(12) Finally she just hung up on me.

(13) I called Comast and Dish and confirmed with them that they had no outstanding orders

chargeable to me. If they had, the Attorney General's office would have been alerted for

possible criminal prosecution for felony fraud, pretexting, and identity theft, as well as

violation of interstate commerce regulations, and illegal wire-tapping.

CONCLUSIONS:

Saveology is an identity theft scam. They acquire your phone number by illegal means and call

you. They misrepresent the company they work for. They try to get you to give them personal

information, such as phone numbers and credit cards. If anyone calls you saying "in regard to

your recent enquiry at Dish or Comcast", do not give them ANY personal information at all. Not

even a phone number. If you like call your provider directly to discuss your accounts with

them. Then call the Better Business Bureau, the State Attorney General, and your

Congressperson. Don't put up with this abuse.

Saveologystealing money

This company has people that has some how managed to basicaly hack into satelite companys and cable companys to steal your money . They managed to steal over $100 from my mother who is disabled and dying. If this is not bad enough she still has to fork over the money for her satelite bill.this is where the money was suppose to go!And since they needed my card as well they also took $108.70 from my account .And when you try to get anything back you get the run around, yelled at, or hung up on .My money is not that bad, but my mother does not have much we help pay her bills. This is a horrible thing they are doing to people and needs to be stopped . They should be made to repay all the money they have stolen ! If you are told they have to redirect your call or connect you to another part of sales DO NOT do so .We found out the woman we spoke to DOES not even work for the satelite company!!

SaveologyFraud, scam, ripoff!

Saveology: "Yes, sir, that's what I said..."
Me: "Whatever. You should hurry up and process my refund before I lose it."

• Re
    retiredat44 Apr 16, 2013

I called a Time Warner website, it said authorized Time Warner Cable services.. I wanted to have the Cable package changed etc, , and went through an order process, they said my old router will not work with the digital phone service being added, so I agreed (stupidly) to get another through another part of their scam through Techzilla... they have a rebate on an overpriced pos Zyxel router. They setup a date and time for Time Warner to install the new services.. I had to call everbody back wehn they constantly kept calling us trying to sell more stuff.. so I called them at least 2x more, , and still thought I Had a legit order.. when the day came to install, no one showed, I called Time Warner, local the the national, and they said that website and number is a scam, , and I asked if they knew, why don't they prosecute, they told me it's overseas, which is a total lie, they are in Florida. I didn't know there exact location until a couple hours later. I called Time Warner management back and told them the company using websites with Time Warner logos and exquipment, really look real as authorized sellers.. and that the sellers are in Florida and why don't they proecute, the mangement at Time Warner didn't have a god answer at all, it was like you got screwed deal with it... I had to order services all over again through Time Warner. I have had an account with TW for 15 years.

Techzilla refuses to deal with me and keeps trying to transfer me to someone else when I told them I was scammed into buying their router and want to return it, it was just dleivered a couple days ago. The lady just argued, she told me they are part of the same company, Saveology, and they are not a scam..and I kept telling her Timew Warner told me they never recieved any orders for me and they are a scam. and put me on hold with music, and after 10 minutes I gave up.. I went to MasterCard and filled out the forms for a reverse in charges for being scammed by Saveology and Techzilla, and all the other names they go by...

SaveologySaveology Does Not Honor Deals

I decided to order Dish Network through the Armed Forces Exchange Service (aafes.com) mostly because they were offering a $50 rebate. The company that AAFES had contracted with to take the orders was named "Exchange Home Services". The order went fine and we agreed on a price ($37.99 plus tax) for America's Top 120, DVR service, Free HD DVR upgrade, HD for Life, 3 months free HBO/Showtime, 6 months free Protection Plan, free actinvation/install and three receivers. The web site clearly stated that I would receive "Free HD Receivers for Up to 3 rooms". The representative explained to me that I would only be charged for one receiver (my third) but not the first two. At the time, I thought 3 free receivers was referring to the monthly charge but I guess they mean there is no charge to lease the first three receivers (and I would pay $99 if I wanted a 4th one). Either way, it was explained to me that I would only incur a $7 charge for all three receivers. This matched the flyer I had received in the mail that stated "2nd TV tuner included". I received an email from saveology.com that same day showing my order and it clearly stated the DVR and one solo receiver were "included" in the price. This was the first time I realized I was dealing with saveology and not someone from AAFES. Imagine my surprise a few days later when I got my Dish Network bill and was charged an extra $7 for the second receiver ($14 total for receivers 2-3 even though all the ads I have state "2nd tuner included" or "2nd room service free for life"). I called Dish Network and they told me they could not modify my bill and suggested I contact Exchange Home Services. I called them and they suggested calling saveology. When I called saveology they kept insisting that "Free HD receivers for up to 3 rooms" only meant not paying for them upfront. I will even conceed that it can be taken that way to but I had a recorded phone conversation and a handful of flyers that state the second receiver is free also. I sent them a copy of their own email showing the two receives were included in the price AND the agreement from Exchange Home Services and right now they are going to have their employees pull the tapes and see what agreement was reached on the phone. They asked that I call back in 7-10 business days and that they would not be calling me with the results. If they do honor their original agreement i will update this complaint. If they do not, I will contact AAFES and let them know their contractor is changing the agreements after they are made. I will also contact my bank and dispute the charges since I never authorized that amount.

• Ba
    bartlett135 Jan 03, 2011

Update: I received a call on 3 Jan 11 from "Customer Care" at Saveology. They confirmed that I was quoted a price different than I was being charged. They offered to send me a check for the extra $7 (plus tax, times 24 months) that Dish Network will charge me and I agreed. In addition, they offered to expedite the $50 rebate that came with the offer and send it all in one check. I am very pleased with the service I received from Saveology once they agreed to have their people listen to the tape and am satisfied with the final outcome. As a side note, I also received correspondence regarding this complaint from the AAFES business manager over Exchange Home Services and was pleased that they also take customer satisfaction seriously. That is professionalism.

SaveologyFalse Advertising

When you go to buyverizon.com or google verizon fios you may get this company. They market themselves as verizon and will even tell you that they are verizon. They took all my personal information to include credit card. When it came time for installation and noone showed up I called verizon and they never had an order for me. I finally found out I ordered through a company called saveology. When I called them to complain they repeatedly hung up on them. They are currently being investigated by the FBI and the Better Business Bureau.

• Gi
    Giovanni LaGioconda Jan 20, 2011

FBI, huh? These must be some bad dudes. I guess they're implementing some nefarious plot to undermine the U.S. Government. If this were just a consumer complaint it would be handled by the FTC, Bureau of Consumer Affairs, BBB, etc.

SaveologyEmployment Procedure

This is my actual response to the email Saveology sent me regarding my recent application:

Dear HR Support,

This email is actually quite amusing! I waited 2 hours and left because no one had assisted me and my interview time had come and gone.

I arrived at my scheduled 2:30pm interview at 2:00pm, passing up other opportunities to interview to make sure I attended your interview as I had already confirmed my meeting with Susan. I arrived early and no one even acknowledged my existence. I was one of 4 individuals sitting there while NO ONE attended the front desk, and simply waited.

After about 45 minutes of waiting I decided to call the 866 number I was directed to call for an interview initially. Finally someone came out, pointed to a stack of applications, advised me to wait for my interviewer and walked away. I left the office at 4pm after having been in the waiting room for almost 2 hours without so much as an "I do apologize, we are running a bit behind."

I PASS on the idea of working for a company that shows such a lack of respect for a person's time or the courtesy of rescheduling for a time when you can ACTUALLY meet with a potential employee. I will pass this information on to others who may consider your company for employment.

I am appalled by your company's interviewing process. I could only imagine the horrific attitude that must be experienced by your employees.

--- On Tue, 3/23/10, hrsupport <[protected]@saveology.com> wrote:

From: hrsupport <[protected]@saveology.com>
Subject: Saveology.com Interview
To:
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 3:32 PM

Hello:

It was a pleasure meeting with you to discuss our Inbound Sales Rep opportunities.

I regret to inform you that we have decided not to extend you an offer of employment at this time. We met with many qualified people and the decision was not easy.

I wish you much success in your future endeavors.

• Sm
    smoothglidder Dec 08, 2012

Be glad, be very glad you did not get the job with them. SaveologyTech is a big rip off company that needs to be closed down ASAP. They are *&#$!! scam artist. Hope you have found a good job.

Saveologypretend to be verizon

I went online to get info to bundle my internet and phone with Verizon's new fios service. A search brought me to www.buyverizon.com and a website that appeared to be a Verizon website. I called the toll free number and spoke to a "verizon representitive". After almost an hour and "Gary" getting a lot of personal iofo from me such as ss# (for credit check), liscense #, bank name, work address and phone number, I had an installation date, with a fee of course. I was told fios was not available in my area but they could give me a package with dish network. I was happy to be saving money on my bills so stupidly did not question much. They called back while I was out and left a message that Verizon had called and they would call me back later. I called verizon only to find out that they have no connection to the company I was talking to and they do not bundle with dish network. I called Saveology (verizon imposters) and demanded they cancel my order. They said they canceled on their end but I would need to speak to verizon to complete the cancelation. The number they gave me does not work. I then canceled the credit card I gave them.

SaveologyComcast Rebate

I signed up for Comcast (Internet and Cable) through this company, who promised a $150 cash card as a rebate. I know that rebates are very specific so I followed the instructions VERY CAREFULLY. Months went by and I never received the cash card. I know they probably bank on the fact that many will forget and not follow up with them. I called them and they told me that I didn't fill out my paperwork correctly...I KNEW that was not correct. I had copies of my paperwork and asked them to tell me what I filled out wrong. They told me my forms specified that I signed up for Internet and Cable, but that the records from Comcast showed that I signed up for a "Triple Play". Of course, I never signed up for Triple Play, my Comcast bill and installation papers showed that was not the case. So I called Comcast and they said my account never showed anything about Triple Play. So Saveology was completely lying. They told me it would be a few weeks and they would send me my cash card.

Basically, I have now called 11 times over the past year (the $150 rebate is now 1 year late and still not here!), about every two weeks for the past 3 months. Each call I receive the same line, "Your rebate is in final approval and you should have it in less than 2 weeks." Well how can that be the case for a year???? After 11 calls and 1 year without receiving anything (after being assured it is coming on EVERY SINGLE phone call), I am convinced they don't send any rebate/cash cards. IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM!

DON'T SIGN UP FOR COMCAST (or others) THROUGH A THIRD PARTY REBATE CENTER!!!

• Mo
    mouse55 Feb 15, 2012

I had a rebate offer, too. These aassholes won't send my rebate either. it's been almost 4 months. It was only supposed to take 8-10 weeks. ###

• Mo
    mouse55 Feb 15, 2012

WHY YOU PEOPLE RIP US OFF. I GUESS I'M NOT THE ONLY SUCKER. YOU NEED TO GET MY REBATE HERE, NOW! IT'S BEEN 4 MONTHS NOW. GIVE IT UP, ###S!

Saveology — Took $ without authorization

I recently relocated to Boulder Co- in efforts to make an appointment with COMCAST for my cable TV- I called...

SaveologyScam charges

Saveology promised $300 rebate if you get Verizon Triple Play through them. After 3 months, it sent a certificate to register to www.claimyourgroceries.com. After asking for personal information (in a very shady and an unsecured website), it asks for your checking account to pay a hidden $10 fee to complete the registration.

Saveology — $ 200 rebate scam COMCAST

I was told when I got the triple play services with comcast that i was going to get a $ 200 mail in rebate, I...

Saveology — Misrepresentation and fraud in advertising of Dish network

Dish network satellite ad in savvy saver dated april 2009 clearly states in the tiny, nearly illegible white...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices