IntlMove

Intlmove
16600 NW 54th Ave, #25 Miami Gardens, Florida 33014
Miami, Florida
Phone: +44 7944069988
Intl Move are trying to charge me extra charges from the agreed contract to ship my furniture from Miami to the UK.
The claim the pick up agent has had to pack furniture for shipment and they sent me the pick up receipt signed by the pick agent and myself. Unfortunatley the document they have scanned me, has been doctored and faulsified after it was signed. I have the orignal copy (without the additions) in my possesion.

They have also asked for overflow (may be ligitimate) and also a fuel surcharge for shipping company?

They are asking an extra $1200 and have now ask for a further $300 for hold time when they have been looking into my questions 'why?'

Surley this is fraud to alter documentation after signing? The company say they will not remove the charges and will not ship my furniture with out full payment of the extra charges? I paid the full amount of original shipping quote of $2087.

If I dont pay by wednesday they will add more charges for storage?

When I email the compay I get rude replies with out a name of who is replying.

Ian Foster
ifoster@rocketmail.com
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Furniture

Comments

N  6th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
We had the same problem. We emailed them our copy. Then they came back with the claim that our packing was inadequate and they had to do it. Then they threatened to charge for storage. We paid everything and eventually got our stuff. Unfortunately, on this end, we questioned an x-ray bill from the destination agent and he cancelled it. We received our stuff, took pictures showing they did not add any additional packing and the driver took pictures and signed a statement to the effect. He said he would show it to his boss (destination agent). We emailed IntlMove and they said they would get back to us in a week. Three weeks later, we asked about it. They replied that the pickup agent still maintained their position and the destination agent could not confirm ours, so they ignored it. We went to complain on moving scams and someone suggested contacting the FCC. We did and now are going through the ombuds process because we have doubts that we can reclaim any money. However, they also gave us the number to call the Bureau of Investigations. I have also contacted the BBB with a complaint. Our problems occurred around the same time as everyone else. Everyone who has had a problem needs to contact these different authorities and report their issues.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree