Intex 530 pool pool filter pump / Broken impeller
The Intex 530 pump stopped working after the second season. Seems that the impeller malfunctioned, a very common complaint I understand. The impeller appears to be a replaceable part and has easy access. The impeller, however, is not available. I refuse to buy another pump from Intex, they should have that common wearable part available.
HERE IS A SOLUTION:
I bought a Clear Water Pump from Harbor Freight for $39.00. It has 1 inch inlet and outlets. The impeller is made out of brass and the pump instructions include a replacement parts list, this is the way to go.
Buy one inch pipe nipples, attach to the pump and route them to your Intex filter pump, via your existing pool hoses… you may need an extra hose or hose extension to run from the Intex filter pump to the Clear water Pump inlet. Remove the impeller from the Intex pump and throw it away! Be sure to put the two plastic retainer parts back on though, the ones that would have held the impeller in there. Anyway, cut the cord off of the Intex filter pump and install it on the Harbor Freight Clear Water Pump, per the enclosed instructions, follow the other instructions as well for priming the pump.
The pump is VERY, VERY quiet and heavy duty too, I’m sure it will out last the pool. This is a much better option than buying another Intex pump that will no doubt fail in one or two seasons.
More Intex 530 pool pool filter pump Complaints & Reviews
- Intex - Problem with pool pump size! 
- Intex - impeller 
- Intex Air Mattress - air mattress defect 
- Intex 18' X 48& pool - replacement hoses 
- Intex - Poor Product and Customer service 
- Intex Recreation Corporation - loungers
- Intex Recreation Corporation - pump
- Intex Recreation Corporation - poor customer service
- Intex Recreation Corporation - intex 10' easy set pool
- Intex - dura beam dream lux airbed premium pillow top