Interval Travel / Consumer complaint!

1 9995 North Kendall DriveMiami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-235-4000

My husband and I booked a cruise (exchange) for a 4 night Disney Cruise. We paid $2600 for 5 of us. Upon receipt of our tickets, we completed the online registration form at Disney online. We discovered that we can't take the trip because I'm pregnant and Disney won't allow anyone past 23 weeks to cruise.

Interval neglected to say anything about this and I've been diligently trying to cancel this cruise, without success. Everytime I try calling the main number, it's dead. I tried calling the customer service number, but they only redirect your call... Several attempts of 3 hour holds and I still can't get anyone to answer the phone. After 3 hours, the phone cuts off!

I have never experienced such horrible customer service. I think there is some fraud going on here.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Gi
      10th of Jan, 2008

It is wonderful you find yourself pregnant. I realize it appears unreasonable to expect the cruise to inform each and every customer that books to state, "if you are pregnant you can't travel after 23 weeks" but that is standard for all travel. In life timing is everything, just bad timing. You can't expect a company to change the policy because of your situation, what would prevent someone else from demanding the same.

• Li
      17th of Feb, 2008

We booked a cruise last year prior to finding out that I was pregnant. (Not through Interval). It was an Alaskan Cruise for the entire family. I then found out that they wouldn't allow me on after 24weeks pregnant. I was 29w @ cruise time. Nobody ever asked or said anything about me being pregnant. I wore a big sweatshirt and walked right on the ship.

The reason they do this is because if you were to go into premature labor there would be no medical care. I have a friend that works for Disney and has seen numerous VERY pregnant woman aboard. I think it's a don't ask, don't tell situation.

If you feel comfortable, maybe you should just try to go anyways. BTW - I had a great time on our cruise w/ no problems and it was 7 days :)

3rd of Nov, 2008

Lindsey gives extremely dangerous advise and should count herself quite lucky that she did not go into premature labor. No medical care to a preterm infant is a death sentence for the infant. Hopefully Lindsey is using better judgement raising her child now than when she did carrying her child.