Infinity Dish / wrongfully charged

1 SC, United States Review updated:

I initially called Dish Network on 4/23/2009 to establish service. The sales rep explained that I would be charged an installation fee of 59.95 today once we finalize the order. He then proceeded to let me listen to some disclosures. I was overwhelmed by all the fees and he stated that is standard procedures and I didn't have anything to worry about. Once the recording ended I was very skeptical about setting up service with them so I hesitated to complete the order. He then began to explain the different packages available and the fees for 6 months along with other services and benefits I was eligible for. At this point, I knew I didn't want to deal with this company. I explained to the salesman I needed to speak to my husband. He then put another person on the phone to reassure me of their services and offers were the best in the business. I understood very well but they did not want to lose the sale. I informed the salesman that I would call back once I had the opportunity to think about it. I did not call back that day. I called the next morning when the technician came out to establish the service. The customer service rep after several 800 calls explained that the service had been cancelled and I would not be charged. The explaination in the notes was "unable to get a line of site at location". I was okay and ended the call. Upon checking my account today, I noticed that I was in fact charged the 59.95 and 1.40 for magazines that I do not want. I called Dish Network and they stated there is nothing they can do. I had to call several 800 numbers and finally got the Infinity Dish sales group customer service. They stated that they would have to pull the tape and determine whether I could be refunded. This would take at least ten days. I received a follow-up call after lunch stating that they in fact listened to the tape and I would not be receiving a refund. I was livid. I did not receive service nor have any equipment and am still be charged 59.95. This is very bad business for this company and I don't physically reside at the address I was trying to establish service.

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2009

I sold and installed Dish Network in a small town in Central Kentucky for 10 years and have been put out of business by all the fancy advertisements from companies like Infinity. I usally receive calls from angry customers after they fell for their scams and when I asked them why they didn't call their LOCAL, Dish company was told they fell for the "FREE" offers. I remind them that nothing is "Free" and explain to them the scam and usually end up with a service call to go out and install the Dish equipment correctly. I asked Dish Network about this company but like consumers get the same old, "we can't tell them how to run their business" treatment. Now if I were to pull a con like that being a small mom and pop I'd be shut down tomorrow. The only thing I can suggest is that customers call their local BBB "Better Business Bureau". They have been able to help more than one customer that I've referred to them. The most important thing to remember is that there is no such thing as "FREE".

• Ms
      2nd of Jul, 2009

Yes, there is nothing that is free but if you cancel the same night you call for someone to not come and install their equipment, and they are quick to charge you immedialtely, who are they? Scam artists! I am a student not working. I was desperate to save some cash. Their ads are a hoax to get you to fall for them with the $300 grocery card, or the other gifts you choose. Honestly, I am now certainly proud to stick with DirecTV cause in the long run, there is nothing much saved (according to the channels I insist on having) and I am not committed to a bunch of theives. I proudly called my credit card company to close it and send me a card with a new number to protect myself. While that happened, they found that 85.95 was charged instead of 59.99. Nothing that I can think of adds up to that amount bearing in mind that I chose the Bronze package with locals. We'll see how it goes. or else, they'll be following me on a trip to the county courtroom!!!