Infinity Dish / wrongfully charged
I initially called Dish Network on 4/23/2009 to establish service. The sales rep explained that I would be charged an installation fee of 59.95 today once we finalize the order. He then proceeded to let me listen to some disclosures. I was overwhelmed by all the fees and he stated that is standard procedures and I didn't have anything to worry about. Once the recording ended I was very skeptical about setting up service with them so I hesitated to complete the order. He then began to explain the different packages available and the fees for 6 months along with other services and benefits I was eligible for. At this point, I knew I didn't want to deal with this company. I explained to the salesman I needed to speak to my husband. He then put another person on the phone to reassure me of their services and offers were the best in the business. I understood very well but they did not want to lose the sale. I informed the salesman that I would call back once I had the opportunity to think about it. I did not call back that day. I called the next morning when the technician came out to establish the service. The customer service rep after several 800 calls explained that the service had been cancelled and I would not be charged. The explaination in the notes was "unable to get a line of site at location". I was okay and ended the call. Upon checking my account today, I noticed that I was in fact charged the 59.95 and 1.40 for magazines that I do not want. I called Dish Network and they stated there is nothing they can do. I had to call several 800 numbers and finally got the Infinity Dish sales group customer service. They stated that they would have to pull the tape and determine whether I could be refunded. This would take at least ten days. I received a follow-up call after lunch stating that they in fact listened to the tape and I would not be receiving a refund. I was livid. I did not receive service nor have any equipment and am still be charged 59.95. This is very bad business for this company and I don't physically reside at the address I was trying to establish service.
More Infinity Dish Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - Credit report mark from Dish Network
- Dish Network / Dish.com - Service call / upgrade
- Dish Network / Dish.com - customer service/ fraud dept
- Dish Network / Dish.com - dish unilaterally canceled my account
- Dish Network / Dish.com - not having a simple channel like nbc!