Illicit Encounters / Online scam

This website gives the impression that they charge a big membership fee (£119 for one months membership for men) because they have a large number of married women on their website who are looking for illicit affairs outside of their marriage. Unfortunately, once you have joined, you discover that it's just like any other dating website. Full of hoaxers and rip-off merchants. The problem is, the website awards gold membership to female members free of charge. This leaves their whole system open to massive abuse. They claim to have a lot of traffic on their website, but most of this comes from the guys who have paid their £119 and a much smaller amount from the hoaxers and cheats who have got onto the website free of charge and are pretending to be the the married women seeking an illicit affair. My advice to any guy thinking of joining is DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Va

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2009

Hi, I'm a very happy customer of illicitencounters.com. I found the balance to be actually more women than men and no hoaxers or scammers at all. In fact they have a guarantee that if you find a hoaxer, you get your membership free. I have met a number of delightful ladies and am having a relationship with one who just swept me off my feet. If you are in the UK and want an affair, there is no other site like it - believe me I have tried them all!

Chris. London.

24th of Jul, 2009

I have to agree With every word and more. There must be something that can be done to a site that says free but when you join you find out its not. Its an overpriced for what you get and quality is debateable.
    How do you measure quality for starters ? My guess is the same people are on multiple sites and therefore its the same everywhere. £119 is alot of money just to chat when alot of places are doing it for free now.
    Im using this free site now loveisthebug and have tried IE, AFF and MA, LL and others. I have to say its a great site. offers the same as everyone else and is free!!!
    My advice is dont pay seek out the free options first

14th of Aug, 2009

Its down to quality. I have tried the free sites and they are full of very undesireable people. I joned illicitenconters and I can vouch for the fact that they have a very high quality of membership, that's what the high fee does for us ladies, and thats why I'm there and not on the other sites. We ladies talk about this and I can assure you many of the other woman on the site agree, that quality matters.

• Cj
      2nd of Dec, 2009

As a woman I have to say I have plenty of choices of going free on lots of sites.
    However I like the idea of being fair to everyone. The fact that men do not pay either,
    makes them less stressed out about getting their moneys worth unlike on some extoritonate sites I won't mention.
    I was pleasently surprised to find like pay sites.
    The site is monitored and profiles vetted and they remove undesirable accounts.
    All in all a good user experience and pretty much offers the same as AFF and IE etc.
    Also I found the guys to be friendly and like on other sites of good quality.!!!
    I would definately recommend loveisthebug to other women and I went on there to meet
    other people who were married and were in a similar situation to myself and not to have an affair like some.
    It's there if you want it as well.

• Sc
      17th of Dec, 2009

This site is a con. A couple of years ago I was talking with a women, who had been approached by the website to facilitate male members joining the site...Whilst it may work for certain geographical areas, where I live there are simply not enought genuine female members to justify the fee. IE should come clean and display membership levels by region... SAVE YOUR MONEY..AVOID

• Re
      28th of Mar, 2010

After two years of heartache and stress, I can tell you that it is a site that you should be wary of, and that you shouldn't take it as read when someone tells you that they have a brain tumour... Yes, on this site. Handing over a substantial amount of money to someone, who manipulated me terribly, was without doubt the most stupid thing I have done in my life... A lying serial fraudster...

Read the name again... 'Illicit Encounters'... it says it all...!!!

If you do go on this site, expect the dregs of humanity, because they are waiting for you... You have been warned.

Oh and BTW, don't expect the adminstrators of the site to do anything about stopping repeat offenders... All they care about is as many profiles they can get, so as to sell it at somepoint... ###

• Mi
      29th of Mar, 2010

Sorry to hear about your experience but mine has been entirely different. I must admit I did initially baulk at the high membership fee, but once I'd bitten the bullet and joined, I found it refreshingly free of the obviously fake profiles to be found on other so called 'free' sites (they all charge you eventually). After conversations with several genuine women, I took the plunge to meet one of them and we ended up having exactly the discreet clandestine affair I'd been after. Unfortunately she recently moved to another part of the country, so I'm now back on Illicit Encounters and hoping to set up another secret tryst (communicating with a couple of possibles as I write this) .

• Re
      30th of Jun, 2010

Have to disagree with this one - I've been on a lot of adult dating sites and found Illicit Encounters to be the best to date. I'm disappointed to hear of your bad experience. I was hoping I had found a totally genuine site, as about 90% of other sites are full of fake profiles and scammers. I recently decided to give IE a go, despite the £119 for 30 days fee, and have to say it's been fun! I'm trying to put together reviews of all the sites I've joined as I want to expose the real fraudsters and promote the good ones. It is solely dedicated to dating sites that are in the UK or have a UK section - http://www.ukadultdatingguide.co.uk - drop by and tell me your own experiences. Nick

• Ho
      5th of Aug, 2010

I found exactly what i was looking for on IE 18mths ago and the fire is still burning, its been magic! but i quess not everyone is as lucky.such a high fee sorts the men out from the boys in my opinion..my mr perfect says its the best £119 hes ever spent..we're not all leeches, scammers, hoaxers, nutters or the dreggs of the earth.some of us are really nice people...So i say try it, life is full of experiences, you might just miss one if you dont.x

• Wa
      19th of Aug, 2010

The simple problem with IE is that because the women dont pay, they dont have to be serious about an affair, and speaking as a man who has been a member on and off for 4 years, that has been entirely my experience. Because there is no time limit to their membership, they can mess you about ad infinitum. Whereas, as a paying member, you only have so long to make a connection, before you cannot access your messages. The thing is with many women on that site, they have dull marriages and they just want their partner to notice them, once you have spent6 time and a lot of money telling them how attractive they are, they bugger off feeling better about themselves. If women had to pay, they wouldn't so that has to tell you something. Take my advice, as someoone who has been on this site many times, DON'T WASTE TOUR MONEY, it is a complete CON!

• Pe
      9th of Sep, 2010

Have to agree with Wavey Davey. A lot of emails going in circles. I have ended up feeling like I am pushing against brick walls. The honest fact is- in 3 months I have sent over 80 messages to London women members. I managed it as an efficient project. Some I included photo pw, some not. All were masterpieces of pleasant, engaging, witty, genuinely nice opening few lines. Didn't write too little, not too much. I am a writer for a living! Received maybe 5 responses? So it can't be the photo's put them off. And of those five, a couple agreed after several emails (and that all takes 3 or 4 weeks- ie, £129) that it might be "a nice idea to meet and see how we get on"- but couldn't actually agree to a time- "next month's looking very busy". One other had a photo agency name in tiny letters across the photo. (Stunning photo, gorgeous girl, said she "liked my photo- do you want to meet up?". Didn't say a lot else though. ) Good thing I spotted that one. Russian scammers?? She exchanged some very curious correspondence. With others, they gave pleasant sounding replies, but then just disappeared when I wrote back. Why??

So what exactly is going on here? Is there some GCHQ- like room where a few grubby individuals are intercepting our traffic, smiling knowingly and intervening just sufficiently to lure us punters back in?? I think there are some genuine people in there- sadly, there are some less than appealing photos- but I am convinced that a good chunk of the site is less than straight-forward. And, as my rant eases off (!!) I guess WD is right- a lot of women just want to get some flirty chat and have no committment to progressing it. I don't know for certain, and never will due to the clandestine and mist-enshrouded nature of the activity. But I will shake off my disillusionment, leave after 3 months and 3 times £129 worse off and attempt to meet more women in the real world, face to face. Wasted some money, but could have been worse. At least it'll make an interesting story to tell down the pub.

• Bb
      16th of Sep, 2010

The site is a con. They boast about quality, but when women can sign up for free it doesn't guarentee quality on that side of the fence. There are more than enough time wasters, as well as the ignorant who won't even respond to a well written message. As for the admin, what a joke they are. When you try and mention that you can't respond to messages in your profile they censor it. And don't even contemplate criticising IE as they will more than likely send the boys round!

Don't waste your money with them.

• Ho
      17th of Sep, 2010

All i can say to you men who have'nt had the good fortune to find a lovely lady to share some special moments with is to "read and re-read each others gripes" your going about things the wrong way!...i quote pete pipe."i managed it as an ifficient progect...not so ifficient was it pete! id give you the sack!! and BBC61 "ignorant women who wont respond to a well written message" un quote...i say those women have had made right choices in not responding to you...its ment to be light hearted and flirty with the hope of some naughty fun if the chemistry kicks in..its.NOT a job interviewn nor do we want to be talked to like your our boss giving us a dressing down because your well written message bored us! women on the site are looking for fun romance, excitment, someone who makes them laugh..LIGHTEN UP AND JUST HAVE FUN! or dare i say! there are those who will listen to your drivel and give you what you want no questions asked for a much smaller fee!

• Ar
      26th of Sep, 2010

I was attracted to the site due to my Circumstances. I joined and browsed, and was sent many Virtual Kisses from numerous ' lovely ladies ' well how flattered I was, so of course joined hastily, not caring about the whopping fee, because I was going to have fun right? WRONG! As soon as I joined, they all vanished, and didn't reply when contacted. yes, I have talked to ' some ' women who have been very pleasant, but to be honest most are scams or looking for meal tickets! Don't bother!!!

• Ba
      29th of Sep, 2010

I'm an average married guy living in the Midlands and I have to say the poster's experience was very unlike mine! I met a few women from the site for a series of encounters before my current lover got in touch with me. The site seems to make quite a big deal out of deleting fakes and scammers (a few slip through the net but I don't think they're employed by the site...I contacted 'Sara Hartley' about one profile I found who seemed a bit dodgy and in a few days it was removed).

The fee is high (I think it's one of the most expensive dating sites ever!) but it's worth it. Seriously. The women are of a completely different calibre. I've tried AshleyMadison in the UK (absolutely awful...and they rebilled me without request), Loveisthebug (seems okay, but quite a lot of escorts and very young girls), and Loving Links (quite good, but the database is much smaller and it costs the same), so I personally think IE is the best option out there.

• Ed
      29th of Sep, 2010

I also had a very different experience. I've been on dozens of other dating sites including the biggest US equivalent, Ashley Madison. All of them are full of fake and scam profiles designed to get guys to part with their cash. AM actually own up to operating fake profiles in their weasly Terms & Conditions, describing them as online hosts engaged in marketing activity. Full on scamming more like!

Illicit Encounters was very different. All of the ladies on there appeared genuine and prepared to engage in real as opposed to automated conversations. I've had real life encounters with two of them now and can vouch for the fact that they were 100% real in every sense of the word!!

In my experience you get what you pay for. IE has been worth every penny

• St
      29th of Sep, 2010

I joined this site and met a couple of ladies, I then let myself lapse as an active paying member for the last 2 years and still receive regular emails an awful lot of them from women either the other side of the country or much younger than me and when you read their profiles you see quite clearly from the definition of what they are interested in that I do not fit.

So why do I get the emails? Quite simply it is identities set up by the operator and sent randomly to people who are not paid up members and who cannot read the emails. This is to entice them to pay to read emails etc.

Yes lots of ladies present, all genuine - I think not!

• Ev
      1st of Oct, 2010

I've been a full member of Illicit Encounters twice and each time I found myself spoilt for choice. A well written profile and message can elicit a huge response from the ladies. I'm happily pursuing an affair with a female member and we're both blissfully happy.

11th of Oct, 2010

THE ILLICIT ENCOUNTERS SITE IS A SCAM. IT IS A RIP OFF AND YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY. THERE MAY BE A FEW GENUINE PEOPLE ON-LINE (ALL SCAMMED INTO BECOMING MEMBERS) BUT YOU WILL GET PULLED INTO BECOMING A MEMBER, ENTICED BY THAT EMAIL FROM A SPECIAL PERSON, ONLY TO FIND THAT THEY DO NOT REALLY EXIST. DO NOT JOIN, IT IS A SCAM!

27th of Mar, 2017

@Markharris To Right!!! And after an initial payment they keep taking your money, & there is no way on their site to stop it!!! Mc Online Tech Interserv £99/month !!!

• Ed
      12th of Oct, 2010

Illicit Encounters offers a better success rate than any other dating site I've been on - including big ones such as match.com. I've been a paid up member on three occasions now and each time met someone with whom I had an affair. Those complaining here must be doing something wrong! I'm not particularly good looking or interesting but have found that a little effort goes a long way on the site. You can't just wait for the ladies to find you. The rules are the same as dating in the real world. Be creative, interesting and fun and you'll get a response.