IKEA

Posted: Dec 5, 2017 by

delivery

I ordered a complete kitchen from Ikea on 10-29-17 after meeting with one of their kitchen planners at my home. I loved the floor plan so I ordered everything and set up delivery for 11-28-17. About a week prior to this date, I received a delivery date confirmation email from Ikea. So far so good, or so I thought.

My order was not delivered on 11-28 as promised. I waited all day. I called the delivery service listed in my confirmation email from Ikea at 6 pm. I got ahold of a man in dispatch who blamed Ikea for my missed delivery. He said that Ikea sends them way too much stuff and they can't deliver it that fast.

I rescheduled delivery for Monday 12-4-17 between 9-1. The time frame came and went with no delivery. At 2pm I contacted the delivery company again. I was told to call a number in New York. I called and spoke to Lacey. She contacted the local deliver office that I had spoken to before, they offered NO explanation on what happened. Lacey told me that he Operations Manager from the local office would call me by 6pm. NO call. I called Ikea customer service at this point and sat on hold for 2 hours. I finally hung up and went to bed.

This morning I called the office in New York at 7:30am CST. I was told that I needed to talk to Lacey who would be in at between 12-1pm.

I called Ikea customer service again and sat on hold for almost an hour. I reached a female employee who mumbled her name. I told her my story, which took a few minutes because I was constantly interrupted by the employee. I finally finished and she put me on hold to contact the local delivery office. After being on hold for 35 minutes, she came back on the line and said that my delivery would come on Thurs 12-7-17 between 9-1. No conversation with me, she just set it up. I asked her to contact them again to have my items delivered today (Tuesday 12-5-17). She told me that was not possible and ended the conversation.

I called the New York office again at 12pm CST, which was 1pm EST. I was transferred to Lacey and again explained my problem and told her that no one had called me despite her assurances that they would contact me. I asked if she would please contact the local delivery office to have my items delivered today, Tuesday 12-5-17. She said she would try. After 12 minutes on hold, Lacey came back on the line. She said that there was nothing she could do and that I should have called them earlier that day. At that point, I gave up. I had already taken 2 days off from work and lost 2 days of income. Now I had to take a 3rd day off.

I am not in the least convinced that my delivery will show up on Thursday. More to follow on Thursday.

The customer service levels at both Ikea customer service and the New York office of the delivery company that Ikea uses was pathetic at best. I spent thousands there on my kitchen plan and this is what I received.

I
Updated by Barb Miller5960, Dec 08, 2017
I was scheduled for delivery yesterday 12/7 between 9-1. At 1:30 I called dispatch again. I was put on hold while they called the driver. She came back on the line to say that they were parked in front of my building, had been there a while and were ready to leave. I asked her to call them back, I was at home waiting. I ran to the front of my building and managed to get the drivers attention. They got out of the truck and came to the building door. I asked them why they didn’t come in to the building and ring my unit buzzer. They said that they weren’t allowed to enter, they had to wait outside. I was lucky that I called dispatch at the right time. What a comedy of errors, poor communication and ridiculous excuses. At least I finally got my delivery.
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Contractors

Comments

N  5th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
You're willing to put up with more than I would. I'd have said early on that they didn't seem to be able to handle the order and went somewhere else.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree