Ideeli.com / I will never do business with them again

On December 11th of 2009, I ordered a Nautica coat with an expected ship date of December 28th - January 4th. On January 6th, I hadn't received any shipping notification so I sent an e-mail to their support and was told that the coat would ship in the next 24 to 48 hours and they'd be happy to apply a shipping waiver. I waited another 3 days and sent them another e-mail to which I received a reply that said, "Our warehouse team informs us that this item from your order is unavailable from the manufacturer." Did they not this two days prior when I first inquired? It had practically been one month since I placed my order. They gave me a one-year $25 credit as a "courtesy".

Ideeli fails at the very basic level of a business: supplying products that they advertise.

What upsets me so much is that the coat was a present for my future sister-in-law. How terrible does it look; I say it's coming between x and y dates, oh no wait another 2 days, and oh no, it's not in stock?

I will never do business with them again. A $25 credit does not put a coat in my future sister-in-law's hands.

Ak

Comments

• Jb
      12th of Dec, 2010

Terrible. just terrible. We bought a necklace which arrived in PIECES. unbelievable how it even passed the packing/shipping stage. Nonetheless, it did and when we requested a replacement we were told none was available. Yet they refused to refund our money. They sent us a faulty product and would not return our money!!! They forced us to take a store credit -- which is doubly bad service as the business model itself means that who knows when i'll see something i want. Just fundamentally terrible customer service...DO NOT EVER BUY FROM THIS SIDE

• Ve
      19th of Jan, 2011

I totally agree on the horrible customer service of Ideeli... they are ridiculous!! I have the worst experience with them too...

Hi Akrobat,

Thank you for your message, and for sharing your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear of this experience, and would like to look into your account to find out what occurred, and further address your concerns. Would you be so kind as to share your order number? Please know that we take questions of accurate representation of our merchandise very seriously, and can absolutely assure you that all of the items listed in our sales are available when our events go live. All of our items come directly from the manufacturer or a licensed third party. In the case of an unforeseen incident with an order, we always work to make this right for our members. We, again, apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced, and encourage you to provide your order number or reach out to us at [email protected] so that we may further assist.

Hi jbb12345,

Thanks for your message on this forum. We're deeply sorry about any inconvenience you experienced with your order. Please know that in the unforeseen event of a defective or damaged with an item, we will certainly provide a refund in the manner the member chooses (either directly to their credit card or in store credit). That said, would you be so kind as to share your order number, or reach out to us at [email protected] so we can look into what occurred? We thank you, again, for your feedback as we continually strive to enhance the ideeli experience.

Hi Veronica,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're so sorry to hear you feel this way, and would very much like to look into the experience you've noted. Can you please reach out to us at [email protected] so that we may further assist? We look forward to hearing from you.

• Ki
      24th of Feb, 2011
    Ideeli.com - One of the worst company's ever
    Ideeli.com
    ideeli.com

24th of Feb, 2011

Hi Kinchine,

We're deeply sorry to hear that you feel this way, but do thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Can you please provide your order number so that we may look into what's occurring? We're, again, very sorry for any trouble, and look forward to hearing from you so we can further assist.

9th of Mar, 2011

Ideeli is a horrible merchant. They have so little customer service commitment that even the agents working for their company expressed disgust with them. I will not nor do I recommend any further business with them. I issue a "TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK" with this company. Providing documentation did NOT help with this company and they do not answer any except selected requests/correspondences sent to [email protected]

Hi Bad Merchant,

We're so sorry you feel this way, and very much want to address your concerns. Would you be able to share your ideeli user ID or an order number so that we may contact you directly? Please know that Customer Service is our top priority. We respond to all member inquiries through our Live Chat portal, social media forums, and via e-mail within a 24-hour period (often sooner). As such, we'd like to learn what occurred in the incidents you've noted. Please respond to us here or e-mail us at [email protected] so that we can assist you right away. We look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for sharing your feedback.

9th of Mar, 2011

I no longer have an IDEELI id, I decided it best to cancel it. I really wish your company worked as hard at answering emails as it does monitoring these review sites. Multiple repeated emails were NOT replied to (I will not try again). Multiple repeated phone calls were NOT answered (I will not try again). Repeated chat sessions were uneventful (except that it was apparent that the sad, powerless agents disagreed with IDEELI's position). Shocked that my post got such a quick reply, guess "damage control" is more of a priority than customer satisfaction.

9th of Mar, 2011

"Do not buy from. One of the worst company's ever. I placed an order over a month ago and still don't know what is going on with it. I sent 2 emails to customer service with no response. HORRIBLE!!!" quote from Kinchine

AGREED!!! -bad merchant

Dear Bad Merchant,

We're, again, truly sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. Although you are no longer a member of ideeli, would you still be so kind as to share your former user ID or e-mail address associated with your account? If your experience is as you describe, we'd very much like to look into the customer service issues you've noted and address anything that needs to be improved. As we mentioned in our previous reply, Customer Service is extremely important to us, and we do our best to reply to inquiries from various channels in a timely manner. We thank you again for your message, and hope to hear from you.

Dear Bad Merchant,

Thank you for your various posts via Complaints Board. We are sincerely sorry that you're feeling this way about your ideeli experience, and would very much like to learn what occurred in the incidents you've noted. Would you kindly share your former user ID or the e-mail address that was associated with your account? We thank you again for your messages, and hope to hear from you.

9th of Mar, 2011

The only "kind and understanding" people I communicated with was a couple of chat agent(s) who expressed distaste with how IDEELI was handling this situation. I sent 5-6 unanswered emails to support @ideeli.com. I called and left messages on 3 different numbers. I chatted with agents on at least 5 occasions. I no longer desire to conduct business with your company. FOR THE SAKE OF THE AGENT(s) WHO EXPRESSED DISDAIN and REMORSE I WILL NOT DIVULGE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (they probably really need a job to work for such a company). I ONLY believe that you are truly sorry that I was forced to vent my frustrations on this public forum. Many, many missed opportunities if you "truly" have your customers interests at heart, even your agents see it!

9th of Mar, 2011

If you had checked your voice mails (multiple #'s) e-mails (multiple addresses) from a few weeks ago that would have avoided this posting. I'm really shocked you monitor this better than your own e-mail address, telephone numbers. Ideeli, this type of damage control is not a substitute for Customer Service.

• Un
      9th of Mar, 2011

I have heard again and again people who never received porduct ordered from ideeli.com. And their system of ordering the product from the maker of the product and having it shipped to ideeli and THEN shipping it to customer (when they actually do ship items) takes up to a month sometimes. Why don't they do what other companies do and "drop ship" it (have the maker of the item ship it directly to the customer, and use ideeli's return addres)?
    How they stay in business is beyone me.
    I saw on discussion boards dozens upon dozens of people lose a promotional $25 credit on their account because they set up the promotion incorrectly and didn't prepare for all scenarios.

10th of Mar, 2011

U got that right "unhappy with ideeli". We may need to watch for the "going out of business sale" for the real deals

Dear Bad Merchant,

Thank you for being in touch with us via private message on another forum. We've responded to you privately there, and our Customer Service Manager has also provided his phone number to be of further assistance. We're always available if and when you need help, and look forward to speaking to you to address your specific concerns.

10th of Mar, 2011

Very competitive, so much so they cancel your order whenever they decide, and keep you hanging for days on end requesting additional emails and phone calls (at their convenience) before they finally tell you sorry we ended up selling your item to someone else. No longer in the mood thanks to IDEELI

done but no resolve