ICFAI / Want 1.6 lacs even though i don't want to join the MBA course!

India Review updated:
4.55

I applied for ICFAI Executive program by submitting my application to their Kochi, Kerala office. I paid Rs 20,000/- as initial payment and gave them 15 post dated cheques worth Rs 9750/- each. This was on 18th of Dec 07. I was told that confirmation of my admission would be sent to me only by Jan 08.

After two days, I got an offer due to which I was sure that I could not complete the course as it included mandatory visit to ICFAI campus in Hyderabad. I sent an email to SSD requesting withdrawal of my application, but the email kept bouncing back saying the mail box was full. Then I submitted a hardcopy of request for withdrawal with the Kochi office, and got a copy signed by the branch manager accepting the withdrawal. She assured me that she would take care and get the money back. I had mentioned in the letter that I have asked my bank to block the cheque. All this happened, before my application was accepted by ICFAI.

I didn't accept any study material from ICFAI, but now they are threatening to take me to court because I had blocked the 15 cheques which I had given to them.

Now either I have to pay 1.4 lacs for nothing or have to take legal help. I am not sure what I should do. I have already lost Rs 20000/- which I am ready to forego.

Comments

La
  11th of Mar, 2008
Same issue with me too, got cheated by icfai.
i guess we all should unite together...
regards
lavin
Ma
  14th of May, 2008
If you have a copy of acceptance of your course, dont take any action. Simply block your cheques. Let them file a lawsuit and you can easily win the case. I dont think it makes sense to file a lawsuit from your side.
Ro
  2nd of Apr, 2009
you are nothing but a fool

ICFAI University Group Logo ICFAI University Group