ICFAI / Want 1.6 lacs even though i don't want to join the MBA course!
I applied for ICFAI Executive program by submitting my application to their Kochi, Kerala office. I paid Rs 20,000/- as initial payment and gave them 15 post dated cheques worth Rs 9750/- each. This was on 18th of Dec 07. I was told that confirmation of my admission would be sent to me only by Jan 08.
After two days, I got an offer due to which I was sure that I could not complete the course as it included mandatory visit to ICFAI campus in Hyderabad. I sent an email to SSD requesting withdrawal of my application, but the email kept bouncing back saying the mail box was full. Then I submitted a hardcopy of request for withdrawal with the Kochi office, and got a copy signed by the branch manager accepting the withdrawal. She assured me that she would take care and get the money back. I had mentioned in the letter that I have asked my bank to block the cheque. All this happened, before my application was accepted by ICFAI.
I didn't accept any study material from ICFAI, but now they are threatening to take me to court because I had blocked the 15 cheques which I had given to them.
Now either I have to pay 1.4 lacs for nothing or have to take legal help. I am not sure what I should do. I have already lost Rs 20000/- which I am ready to forego.
More ICFAI Complaints & Reviews
- ICFAI - Fraud and cheating! 
- Mba In Icfai - cheating and arrogant 
- ICFAI - Exam Registration Scam 
- ICFAI - Beware of them! 
- ICFAI - complaint of ICFAI institute 
- Icfai fraud - Icfai
- ICFAI University - Not complaining ICFAI is having UGC DEB approval
- ICFAI University - CIMBAG Fees - Last minute request to pay 5000 Rs
- [Resolved] ICFAI University - Bad behaviour by icfai marketing executive sonali chaurasia
- ICFAI University - Unprofessional behavior from course counsellor