Hydra Skin Sciences

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 by

unauthorized credit card charges

Early january, 2017, I ordered a free trial and was to pay only shipping charges of $4.95. Ordered allegro cream and day and night serum. Two weeks later they charged my credit card for $103 and $109. I called them from the number on the credit card site. They said they would cancel my account but I still owed them the money. After much deliberation and one hour later, they wanted me to return the products for a $10 each restocking fee. Hydra skin sciences, 14925 heritage crest way, bluffdale, ut 84065. I told them that I would not agree to anything and they were to stop billing me. I also told them that I disputed the charges with my credit card company. Citi told me not to return the products and they would take care of it.
Updated by Marge in Florida, Jan 25, 2017
Citi Master Card said that I had already paid the shipping to get the free product and did not need to send it back. It would also create a restocking fee which would be charged to my card. They kept on trying to get me to say that I agreed to pay a $20 each restocking fee and send it back. I told them I hoped the conversation was being recorded and I would not pay them one penny. I also put in a complaint on-line with the Utah Better Business Bureau. The address they gave me to send it back was in Utah. I am sorry that I did not save the packaging that came with it. Since I never intended to ever do business with these people again, I just threw it away. I cannot believe that someone would actually pay $103 for a 1 oz. jar of face cream or $109 for the two little serum bottles. The internet is full of complaints about this company. Hope your grandmother doesn't pay any more money. Just dispute the charges and file a complaint with the Utah Better Business Bureau.
Updated by Marge in Florida, Feb 11, 2017
I reported them to the Better Business Bureau and also challenged the charge on my credit card. The credit card company said not to send it back and wait for them to investigate. So far the merchant has not responded to my challenging their charges. They have a deadline in March to do so.
Updated by Marge in Florida, Mar 01, 2017
I finally sent the product back for $10 postage. I argued on the phone with them for about 30 minutes. The man had to put me on hold many times to go to his supervisor. I refused to pay the $20 per item (I ordered two trials, one face cream and the other day and night serum both suppose to be $4.95 each which I paid). I refused to pay the $20 per item "restocking fee". How could you re-sell used face cream? Finally we agreed on $10 each and I mailed the used products back just to get them off my back. I included a letter telling them that they could charge my card a total of $20 but they must reverse the $103 and $109 charges first. I also sent a copy of the letter to my credit card company. So it ended up cost me about $40 to use this 1 oz. jar of cream and a few pumps of the gel in the day and night creams for a few days. I learned my lesson.
Updated by Marge in Florida, Jul 05, 2017
Totally a scam. There was NO mention that you were joining a club and had to by the items every month for the rest of your life and will be automatically charged to your card.
Complaint comments Comments (10) Complaint country United States Complaint category Cosmetics

Comments

A  25th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
This just happened to my grandmother earlier today. Same exact charges and re-stocking fees. They also told her that if she sent the products back they would refund her. I see you said your bank said they would handle it. She contacted Huntington but they did not say anything about shipping the products back. What is your opinion?
N  26th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
I had the same problems with this company. It was suppose to be a free sample if I paid the shipping charge which I did.. When I received my credit card bill, I had the charge of $103 on my bill. I called the number of the merchant & they told me, the information was on the website and it said that I would be billed in 3 weeks. I told them there was no directions on the site I was on & I thought I was receiving a free sample. I did not authorize this company to charge my credit card for the product. I would be charged the restocking fee when I returned the product. I said, it was suppose to be free with no other charges. I called my credit car company and they blocked the merchant for any future charges, but she did say to return the product, so the company would have no further complaints from me. If they charge the restocking fee, it would be blocked, as well, but she did say to watch my credit card, because these type of merchants are very tricky and they can use other ways to recharge. I learned my lesson the hard way, so I'll never order from a company I don't know, not matter how good the product seems to be..
N  27th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Aliekin I don't know who their right mind would pay $103 for a 1 oz. jar of face cream. It certainly wasn't on their web site or order form. I am waiting to hear from my credit card company to see what happens. They said not to send it back, but they may change their minds. What could they possibly do with a half used product if I were to pay the postage to send it back anyway. Also I would have to pay $20 restocking fee. How could they restock a used product? I did register my complaint on-line with the Utah Better Business Bureau. The address they gave me to send it back us in Utah.
A  11th of Feb, 2017 by    -1 Votes
Total scam.
A  11th of Feb, 2017 by    -1 Votes
I just went through the same thing. Will return all products, hopefully receive full refund and pay the $40 restocking fee.
A  13th of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
Represented themselves as a free Clinique product. After receiving a tracking number that they shipped out, I sent in my cancel for future purchases immediately. They don't even give you a chance to try the product when you receive it before they are helping themselves to my money.
N  1st of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
I'm a victim of this scam also! Saw the ad on Facebook for a 'free sample' and ordered it. Two weeks later, I have a $103.00 charge on my bank card. I called the company and got the run around about how all the details were in an email they sent me. I kept complaining and was finally given a 'refund' of 40%. Do not order from them!
N  1st of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Elaine A. Jacobs I never received any e-mail from them. I did not know that if you wanted to actually "keep" the product you had to pay $103. Very shady outfit. I just sent it back and they agreed after much haggling to only charge $10 restocking fee. You should have not agreed to 40%. I kept on telling them no and they kept on lowering the fee until they got to $10. I just sent it back to get rid of them. Very shady business practices. I also reported them to the Utah Better Business Bureau.
A  20th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
I to have a very big problem with this company for 1 its suppose to be free as in free, am i right just pay shipping and handling fees, well i have used these products accordingly .woke up on the second day and to my surprise covered in a bad rash from my forehead to my Decollete, now something that is supposed to be good for your skin and reverse the signs of aging, supposed to be Dermatologist tested, Allergy tested, and non- Comeedognic have this type of reaction, then there is the diet factor really ???? what 2 stay away from, hello really ???? for instance and i quote fast foods, processed grains white bread white pasta white rice, Direct sun exposure, smoking and lastly lack of sleep ok so no sun not food, so in other words become a recluse, wow
N  5th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
Total Scam. My story the same as the others. Free gift turned out to be charges of 109 and 103. My bank called company.
Company employees are from India and at times impossible to understand. Beware unethical fraudulent company.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree