Hyatt / purse stolen from hotel room

1 St Louis, United States Review updated:

I am writing to bring to your attention a serious issue with the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, this Hyatt lacks the proper security, safety and customer service, that customers should be receiving from a Hyatt property. On the 18th of April my wife and I stayed at The Arch were her purse was stolen by one of the associates.
Upon checkout we requested the Bell-hop station for assistance with our luggage. I trusted the Bell-hop to load all our luggage, he either intentionally or unintentionally failed to load my wife's other purse onto the cart. We did not notice the purse was missing until we arrived home. We immediately called the Hyatt to attempt to retrieve the purse and was routed to house cleaning. The house cleaning associate informed us that no purse has been returned to lost and found and then they preceded to have the room check to see if the purse was still in the room, which it wasn't. At that time, I asked if I should file a police report for the stolen purse and the associate said no, call tomorrow and speak with security, the purse might be returned by then and if not they will assist you. I called the following day and spoke to an associate and learned that the purse hadn't been returned and that they were going to do an investigation, I asked again should I file a police report and the answer was no, it may take a couple days for the purse to be turned in and in the meantime we will investigate. I was finally able to get in contact with director of security and I learned that I was the main focus of the investigation, as if I was the criminal, instead of the bell-hop, cleaning staff or another associates that may have access to the hotel room, at that time I filed the police report, which basically has gone nowhere as well.
From the very beginning of this incident I have been misguided by Hyatt associates, delayed by Hyatt associates, and even lied to by Hyatt associates. The first associate should have said, please file a police report right away. I even started to think that the security director is intentionally trying to delay the process, as for being lied to, I called the Consumer Affairs phone number to get your mailing address to mail this letter and they provide me the Consumer Affairs Omaha mailing address.

I am a frequent travel domestically and internationally for work and pleasure and I have never had any problems in the past, I thought it was a fluke, until I recently learned that my wife's uncle has a lawsuit against a Hyatt in NY for items stolen from his room, after that I did some investigation online and it appears that the Hyatt has issues with associates stealing from their customers.
I am asking for your assistance in helping me resolve this issue, I hope to hear back from you and/or your staff about this incident. I can be reached by phone at (443) ###-#### at any time or by email at #####@msn.com . If you can not provide assistance, you leave me with no other choice but to escalate this issue, which would be unfortunate, because I am certain this can be resolved at The Arch.

Sincerely,
Jason
&
Agustina

Jh
Jul 10, 2015

Comments

• Mk
      11th of Jul, 2015

#1- I don't think filing a police report for a stolen item that your wife & you lost because you could not be bothered to check if you had it is appropriate. That said, I agree COMPLETELY that you should never again stay at that hotel because if it was left in the room and the staff decided to keep it rather than turn it in is NOT acceptable.