Huntington Bank / refinance/

1 1241 E. Beltline StreetGrand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6167716295

I applied for a refinance loan at The Huntington National Bank in Canton, Michigan. The mortgage representative was Debra Heardman which quoted a 6.99 interested rate. I provided the necessary paperwork and accepted the terms and agreed for the appraisal of the investment property. I had and appraial May 2008 ($131, 000.00) thru another bank. The city of Inkster appraisal $130, 000.00. Huntington Bank appraisal $82, 000.00 in August 2008. During the process of the loan, Ms. Debra Heardman was very kind. After appraisal she had no time for me nor answered any of my questions regarding appraisor different. Ms. Heardman's supervisor contacted regarding matter. Ms. Laura Zazakis reported that the Appraisor followed the Fannie Mae guideline that required a property search over a 6 month period in the areas of homes being sold. Ms. Zazakis stated the other appraisor did not follow Fannie Mae guidelines by during one year search in area. I informed Ms. Zazakis that the home at the corner of our block sold for $128, 000.00 at a reduced rate to sale the home. I contacted Fannie Mae regarding their appraisal policies. I was informed that the above policy do not exsist. Fannie Mae do not know where Ms. Zazakis is receiving her information. I contacted Ms. Zazaki regarding the non exsiting policy and Huntington Bank decline my loan. Please help correct this matter. Huntington Bank should keep their word and provide me with this refinance.

Comments

16th of Dec, 2008

I just refied my house in 6/08 through my local bank the home was appraised at value the mortgage was approved and sold to citi bank. the loan had a cash out option wich gave me an interest rate alittle above prime so when citi sent me an OFFER to lower my rate I called. the rep told me it wouldnt be a problem he would send out an appraiser.
    the next thing i know I get a letter saying my house is not worth the refi charges evidently as this was the only reason given.I think these banks are desperate pigs who have sunk to a new low in ### need less to say I think that is $500 I will never see again . jp

• Ka
      2nd of Apr, 2009

Talk about Huntington Bank ( or was Sky
    Bank prior ) being crooks...
    I reeived a CD from my Dad's estate in 2000
    I was unemployed and went to the bank and
    asked to take a early withdraw... they said
    no. I would have to burrow my own money...
    This was about 2003.
    In 2006 I suddenly found they had filed a
    lawsuit against me for a loan of $5, 435.00
    that I never signed for...
    I was unemployed and could not afford a
    lawyer and they won by default... Last
    month they filed a writ of excution and got
    $5580.00 ( plus interests and other court
    costs... but the same thing is I learn that
    in Febuary of 2008 Huntington closed the
    CD and applied the amount to the suppose
    loan so I acturally only owed $4, 532.00 I have over paid them $1, 000.00 ... Their
    lawyer in this town is a ### and the
    bank is refusing to answer my phone calls.
    never trust Huntington Bank

• Th
      12th of Oct, 2009

I spent 8 months going back and forth with a Margaret Hunt of Huntington bank. I've been trying to get a refi since I have become disabled.
    She has continually lost, forgotten, or ignored my paperwork. The end result is they won't do anything with my refi.
    They have suggested that I send them money, but will not attach paperwork for any reduced rates.
    Not good people to do business with I'm afraid.