Hughesnet / Satelite Internet / fair access policy
HughesNet Fair Access Policy is anything but fair. It is not defined, to the user, in any useful way, but may be triggered by the simple act of normal web searches. I can only guess that opening a new web page, before their slow system has opened the current one, is a violation, as that is all that I was doing, this time, when FAP activated. Updating software, viewing a news video, and many other normal everyday web activities activate FAP. Apparently HughesNet is an Email, (no attachments), service only.
Since more of us in rural America are going online, HugesNet’s solution to bandwidth is to reduce service to subscribers. The more subscribers that are made afraid of activating FAP or are essentially at Dialup speed due to activation of FAP, the more subscribers HughesNet can sign up.
More Hughesnet / Satelite Internet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughesnet - internet
- Hughes Network Systems - gen 5
- Hughes Network Systems - service
- Hughesnet - be warned before signing up with hughesnet
- Hughes Network Systems - poor performance of internet service since 2/2018 installation.