HSN / christmas gift stolen at ups while in transit for delivery

1 United States

I ordered Beats X Bluetooth Wireless Earphones from HSN to be delivered by 12/22/17 as a Christmas gift for my son-in-law. I placed my order on 12/15/17 with the belief that it would be delivered by the stated date of 12/22/17. When I checked my phone to track my order, I noticed that it arrived at the Landover Maryland UPS on 12/20/17. I thought, "great", the gift/order would certainly arrive to my daughter's home in time for Christmas. I checked again to see that the gift was scheduled to arrive to her home on 12/22/17. I arrived in Maryland (to visit for Christmas and present the gift on Christmas day) on the 23rd and discovered that gift had not been delivered. I contacted UPS and was told the gift would arrive by the end of the day. It did not arrive. On 12/24/17, I contacted HSN and was told that the gift would not be delivered and in fact since UPS would not be delivering until the 26th. I expressed my frustration since I had assumed that placing the order at least 10 prior would be more that adequate to insure delivery would be on time. On the 26th, I spent the whole day calling UPS to find out if the gift would be delivered upon which time I was assured it was on the list to be delivered by 7pm. When it did not arrive at 7, I called again and was told the delivery would be there by 10pm. I called UPS again after it was not delivered after 10, and at that time a customer service rep at UPS informed me that they could not locate my package. She stated that although it was scanned on 12/20th, it had never left their facility. I then stated to her that her information indicated that it was stolen on their property. She stated she did not know what happened and would be contacting HSN and prompting an investigation. I was very frustrated with the nonchalant attitude of the rep as though this was an everyday occurrence. I, of course contacted HSN on the 27th, and after speaking with 3 customer service reps who wanted to offer me a $10 gift certificate for my worry, I insisted that I speak with a supervisor. I shared my ordeal with Supervisor Nick, who stated that he could send out another order and have it to me in 3 days. I stated that I was not only extremely frustrated, but now continuously disappointed in the response of unaccountability from HSN as well as their Vendor (UPS Landover, MD). He then offered to send it in 2 days, but quickly told me that I would have to pay for shipping (which I had already paid for). I insisted that either they deliver it to me in 1 day at their expense or refund/cancel my order. My order was cancelled. I am so disappointed in the unprofessionalism, non-caring comments I received during my experience. The term "Customer Service" does not seem to exist here. There was a time, when the customer was always right, and every attempt was made to insure the customer loyalty and satisfaction stayed intact. Their Vendor/UPS should be responsible to reimburse the customer when an item is stolen on their property. I have no doubt they have insurance to cover those situations. The worst for me was primarily depending on that expensive item to be there on time as a Christmas gift. At this point, I do not intend to do business with HSN again and will now spend my money with QVC. I usually am not one who will write a complaint, but I felt this one was worth making other customers of HSN aware of the irresponsible and non-caring attitude of a highly profitable company that always "expresses the guarantee of their delivery to the customer".

Vc