Hoveround / Customer service

1 Sarasota, FL, United States Review updated:

I received my Hoveround October 25, 2012. At that time, I thought I had jumped through all of the hoops in order to comply with their requirements. Apparently I had not. After many, many visits to my physician for repeat information that supposedly was required by Medicare, we sent all information to Hoveround for them to get paid. This was a waste of my time, gasoline to get to town to the doctor which is 15 miles away, time for the doctor and his assistant to do several hands on (sight on) evaluations, filling out mounds of paperwork and sending off to Hoveround. Last August 2013, I was notified by Hoveround that Medicare had approved my chair and it was mine. I specifically asked if Medicare had paid for the chair and they said that yes, it was paid for. I could not have been happier. Hoveround even came to the house and put in brand new batteries, which actually were not needed, but who was I to complain about free batteries.
About a month ago, I received a letter from Medicare stating that they were denying the claim and that quote, " Since the supplier has been determined to have had knowledge of the non-covered item, the supplier is liable for the cost of the denied item. The supplier may not bill the beneficiary for the cost of the denied item, and must refund any monies collected from the beneficiary, unquote.. Monday I received a phone call from Hoveround that they wanted to schedule a time to pick up the chair. I have been hounded by them to pick up this chair after I was informed that I could have two weeks to find another one. I just received another call. I asked my social worker to talk with them and she got them to give me the two weeks to find another chair. She said I needed to contact my doctor AGAIN and schedule a face-to-face appointment with him. I did this and called Hoveround to ask what paperwork was needed that I could get done at this appointment. After being on hold a considerable time, I was notified that Hoveround would not be doing business with me any longer, that Medicare had denied me and unless I wanted to fork out $2, 500 they were going to pick up the chair. I said thank you an hung up. I contacted my social worker again and relayed the information as I was told by Hoveround. I am very upset with the whole thing. I have not been treated so poorly by a company that supposedly was interested in the welfare of its customers. Please, anyone who reads this, do not do business with Hoveround if you want to be treated fairly. I am unable to use a manual wheelchair and have no replacement, so I guess I am now confined to my bed. I hope everyone has a better relationship with their supplier than I have had with Hoveround;

Va
Jan 17, 2014

Comments

• Dk
      31st of Dec, 2015

Dear Sir I have Hoveround chair model MPV-5 . I have had it for approximately 15 months and it has been nothing but trouble. I has had numerous problems. The problems are as follows; two motors replaced high battery discharge for no reason and unexplained problems. I am currently stranded at home due to this abomination of a chair being out of service once again. As a result of this unreliable piece of scrap not running I was unable to enjoy the holidays and spend time with my family.
    I think it is false advertising and an outright slanderous lie to call this chair a mobility device as it is more often than not immobile which threatens to transform me into a housebound hermit. I value my freedom and independence. I'm shocked appalled and saddened that such a horrendous non functioning device is sold as health related equipment.
    In closing I solemnly swear that this so called mobility device which was manufactured by you and carries your name is an absolute piece of RUBBISH!!! .

16th of Apr, 2018

This company should shut down. It takes advantage of people who need mobility devices to get around. I got a mpv5 in Sept 2016. In February 2017 I needed a new battery just 5 months. Then in sept 2017 I needed a new battery again now this was 7 months. Well guess what here it is April and I need a new battery again. Only this time because I switched insurances they tell me I have to pay full price because I no longer have the insurance I did when I purchased this garbage chair. We need to report them to the BBB and then maybe they will put this company out of business!!!